Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Names that are similar and sound the same annoy me
On Facebook I seen a woman who has twins kayden and jayden Why
I seen a kason and Mason in the same family from a YouTube channel too

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Solo sounds like a dogs name.

Used to have a friend whose children were called Milo and Kitty. I'm sorry but I don't think I could take a person in their 30s seriously with a name like Kitty.
Kitty is only good for little children and grandmothers. The in between years it’s dumb

Reactions: 4
I heard of a little boy today and his name is Boston 😳😳
Horrible
There’s a Lincoln near me.
Was also aware of a Carrington as a child. Siblings also had place names but if i list them all it’s pretty identifying!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My daughter told me there's a girl in her PE class called Urethra. I told her there's bound to be a mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There's actually some names listed on here that I really like Luna, Lincoln and Wren! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Without meaning to sound peak Mumsnet, my pet hates for names are anything obviously chavvy sounding, with a particular dislike for deliberately quirky spellings or hyphenated ones with unusual spellings ("Ellie-Mei" etc). There's then some which aren't obviously chavvy but are just plain bad in my opinion, like Sonny (apologies to any parents with a Sonny on here. But you wouldn't call a girl Daughtery would you, lets be honest).

I also cringe at the name Bear. Mostly because I suspect it was started off by fans of Bear Grylls, whose real name isn't even Bear! It's Edward.

People calling their kids Khaleesi when the character isn't even called Khaleesi is another one.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.