Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Along the lines of shortened, or not actually, names, I remember once seeing some celebrity chef or other on TV and for whatever reason his brother was with him. When it came to introductions his brother’s name was ‘Topher’, which I found a bit odd until it transpired that actually his name was Christopher and he wanted to shorten it but didn’t want to be ‘Chris’ like anyone normal. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

‘Wanker’ was what sprang to my mind when I was thinking of more suitable alternatives! I mean, Topher, I ask you! 😆😆😆
There is an actor called Topher Grace as well.

Reminds me of 'Tor' as a shortened version of Victoria, instead of Vicky.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Danielle, Jade, Zoe, Sarah, Claire (awful, harsh and boring), Kirsty, Amy, Gemma are names I associate with witches. I genuinely think they are terrible names too. All are popular in my age group. Kadie is a very popular choice round my ways for little girls, even though I do know of one boy called this and I just don't see the appeal!
I love Kadie/Kady/Cady!

Reactions: 1
Someone I know named her new born daughter Mimi, sorry that is a cat name.

People need to stop giving pet name to their kids. Lucky will be a perfect cat name
I know a girl called Minnie, which is definitely a pet's name.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There is an actor called Topher Grace as well.

Reminds me of 'Tor' as a shortened version of Victoria, instead of Vicky.
They’ll be sure everyone looks at them thinking ‘they’re so edgy and different’ and I’m sure they really do believe they are. Sad fact is everyone’s actually looking at them thinking ‘twit’ and with absolute certainty they will be! 😆

I once worked with a woman who insisted on spelling my name incorrectly; she would spell it with a ‘K’ when it’s actually spelt with a ‘C’. It was like a war of attrition, no matter how many times I pointed it out she would correct herself that once and then invariably go back to spelling it wrong. 😖

In the end the only way I managed to get her to desist was by deliberately spelling her name incorrectly. She was called Ann and so every email, letter or in fact anything where I had to refer to her by name I called her Anne. When she pointed out ‘I don’t know if you realise but you’re not spelling my name right’ I answered ‘what, like you insist on spelling mine incorrectly?’. Fair to say she knocked that on the head quick enough!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There is a bakery I follow on Instagram, one of the owners just named her new baby girl Inka Rue 🥴
There’s trying hard to be different and ✨unique✨ and there’s just choosing horrendous names
Instantly makes me think of squids 🦑 🤢
That shop is near me x

I went to school with a Danny who had an older brother called Jack. Nice, normal names you might think. Except we lived in London with London rhyming slang - Jack and Danny..... Fanny

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I once met someone who was called Karma.

Plus, a friend of mine called their son Phoenix.

Reactions: 2
I remember years back (I think it was because a character on Eastenders had a child called it or something similar) it was the height of sophistication of the chavs of my age to name their daughters ‘Courtney Paris’! 😖

I also used to work for Social Services on the Emergency Duty Team and we used to get some corkers in! There were plenty of girls called Shakira or Chardonnay and also there seemed to be a habit of some larger families (I shouldn’t judge but usually rough ones; I mean, it was the emergency social services team, we didn’t get many candidates for ‘Parent of the Year’!) to name all their children with the same letter, akin to the Kardashian’s but well, worse! There was one with all J’s and another with S’s, to the extent they’d actually alter names to fit the theme. So there was Shaleen, Sheryl, Sharlotte… and the list went on! 😳🤷‍♀️😆
I know siblings called Austen, Amie, Alexxis and Amba. All chavs and all little twats

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Regan and Damien. Why name your child after the kid from the exorcist or the Antichrist!?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I went to school with a Danny who had an older brother called Jack. Nice, normal names you might think. Except we lived in London with London rhyming slang - Jack and Danny..... Fanny
Think I’ve found a replacement for nunny 😭 me Jack and Danny.

Name spellings are red flags, I had a Stacie before who messed me about with a sale. Knew she would from the name alone. Should’ve known better 🤣

Reactions: 1
Twins named Tide & Kove.🙄Boys cause the names don't tell you.
A YouTube couple ( 2 ladies) have a baby boy called Harbor, if I recall correctly! Another lesbian couple ( who basically have the same name, bar one letter) have a baby boy called Ziggy. I think they are both ridiculous names! Another couple of married ladies have a Rupert, which I think is quite cute.

A YouTube couple ( 2 ladies) have a baby boy called Harbor, if I recall correctly! Another lesbian couple ( who basically have the same name, bar one letter) have a baby boy called Ziggy. I think they are both ridiculous names! Another couple of married ladies have a Rupert, which I think is quite cute.
Just wondering what was the relevance of telling us all the couples you mentioned were lesbians? 😅
Harbor is a horrendous name! What do some of these parents be thinking?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.