Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Miles suddenly so popular? Why name a child after a unit of measurement?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I have a stray cat who adopted us (basically moved himself in through the cat flap!) and we called him Kevin.

It caused great amusement at the vets when we took him in to get neutered; why? Guess what the vet was called… 😂😂😂
My cat is called Paul 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My mum Fostered a baby girl once called tresemme like the shampoo brand I was like wtf

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Two twins girls joined my little boys class and their mama cursed them with the names Bambi and Kenedi (Kennedy).
Maybe she couldn't spell Kennedy proper or was jumping on the "mis spelled tit names trend" Who knows 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Crystal reminds me of meth and molly same reason as crystal reminds me of mdma, also don't like alantis, chardonnay and jade as they remind me of strippers and all destiny's I know are two faced witches

Reactions: 2
Female

Reminds me of snobs or bullies at school - Casey, Maisie, Millie, Ruby, Fern, Courtney, Chelsea, Jade, Megan, Robyn, Harriet, Paige, Amber, Lacey

Harsh sounding - Gabrielle/Gabriella (Gabby), Nicola, Kelly, Amanda, Ariana/Aria

Boring - Rebecca, Katie, Leah, Stephanie, Caitlin, Olivia, Emma, Ella, Hannah, Laura/en

Nice names but remind me of not nice people - Charlotte, Zoe, Victoria, Jenny

Male

Bully names.. Bradley, Charlie, Lee, Cameron, Callum

possibly creepy... Craig, Peter, Elliott, Mark, Graham, Edward, Chris

Names like Cody, Jayden, Ayden, Kayden, Kenzie, Levi...

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've heard of a few Barneys lately.

All I think about is the purple dinosaur or Barney rubble from the flintstones.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Chiming in to say I really dislike chavvy names like Jayden/Kaden/Brayden etc. Also not keen on Jackson or even worse Jaxson.

I can’t stand Arabella or other pretentious frilly names. Also the Lexie-Mae, Ella-Mae, trend. Chavtastic.

upper/Middle class mums naming their kids names that aren’t really names. eg Fleur de Force and her River and the other name she said she would use - Raven. Her sister has a Spike - wtf.

I objectively like the name Noah but every single Noah I’ve come across with my 4 kids in school has been really naughty.

Reactions: 6
I once knew a Candida (thrush!)
Milena is a moderately popular Polish girls' name. I've met a fair few little girls with that name whose parents immigrated to the UK.

Unfortunately, in English, it is the technical term for blood in your poo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
[/QUOTE]
Chiming in to say I really dislike chavvy names like Jayden/Kaden/Brayden etc. Also not keen on Jackson or even worse Jaxson.

I can’t stand Arabella or other pretentious frilly names. Also the Lexie-Mae, Ella-Mae, trend. Chavtastic.

upper/Middle class mums naming their kids names that aren’t really names. eg Fleur de Force and her River and the other name she said she would use - Raven. Her sister has a Spike - wtf.

I objectively like the name Noah but every single Noah I’ve come across with my 4 kids in school has been really naughty.

I know a little girl named Bella de Fleur . Can't believe I forgot about her until I seen your comment

Reactions: 1
Malcolm, Derek, Gary, Barry.

Maude, Tracy, Blanche.

Who looked at their baby and thought "aww, little baby...Malcolm"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I work in a hospital and we had yesterday a Harry boy. As in his middle names was boy! 😩

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I know a girl called Candy

Someone I know on Facebook was pregnant and didn’t know what she was having, but wanted to know what everyone thought of her name choices… for a girl she had Nevaeh (the classic) and for a boy, it was Country. COUNTRY???????

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.