Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a business page on Instagram and the owner announced her baby boy this week with a picture of him holding a little sign “ hello .. my name is Bucky.

Bucky!!
I’m from Glasgow and all I can think about is a bottle of Buckfast tonic wine as it’s normally called Bucky 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m from Glasgow and all I can think about is a bottle of Buckfast tonic wine as it’s normally called Bucky 😂
That’s all I thought of as well and then hoped for the wee guy that he doesn’t have protruding front teeth 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Robin popped up in my head 😑 Grrr

Oh and D!ck when shortened from Richard 🙄

Reactions: 2
Weak, twee names Tim, Rupert, Robin, Frances, Toby. I just imagine they have a rather limp handshake.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I quite like Robin. It's one that suits both baby and an adult
Rupert is just plain cruel though.

Reactions: 3
Sharlette, Delvene, Darlene, Marlene, Henrietta & Penelope. Rodney, Wilbur, Wilfred.

Reactions: 4
Someone I used to work with has twins called Daisy and Maisy. Both nice enough names but it’s so gimmicky to use them for siblings.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Whenever I see names like that I just think of all the Twilight fans who will have grown up since reading the books but will always have a daughter with a made-up name from it

Or those people who called their kid khalessi then hated the GoT ending :ROFLMAO:
Weak, twee names Tim, Rupert, Robin, Frances, Toby. I just imagine they have a rather limp handshake.
Rupert is awful- makes me think of like a guy who’d call his mother “Mummy” even when he’s 45 and would have her iron his boxers

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think of Rupert Bear first but it does seem like an incredibly posh name. To the point I was surprised there wasn't a Rupert Rees-Mogg

Screenshot 2021-10-14 18.50.28.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
I cannot STAND Busy Philipps' kids' names - Birdie and Cricket. I'm almost positive has a tattoo for each of their namesakes too. Mind you if my name was Elizabeth, Busy certainly wouldn't be the abbreviation I'd choose 🤷‍♀️ just seen I am not the first person to mention them in this thread and I'm so glad, you are my people.

Reactions: 6
Busy is an awful name. My Gran used to tell her dog to "get busy", when she wanted her to do a poo quickly. Ha.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.