Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they'll fit in then haha. I’m in aus and some of the names here are just bonkers. I’m a lawyer and a good 70%+ of my clients have simple names with long winded spellings, eg shane as chayaenne or Taylor as taeeiolrah.
You must be in the area my daughter teaches, lots of the kids have these weirdly spelled names. Why use four letters when you can stretch it out to ten.😊

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok I’ve found a new winner. School news letter came out today, always has the head teacher weekly awards on it. This week 2 children won. One called Braxton and one called Marley - Raye 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Names that are spelt 'wrong' (in my opinion!)
Daisie
Lilly
Wynter

There's a child at my daughter's school called Pheobie. Why?!

Reactions: 13
Names that are spelt 'wrong' (in my opinion!)
Daisie
Lilly
Wynter

There's a child at my daughter's school called Pheobie. Why?!
I know a Lilli. She must be forever correcting people how to spell her name …

Reactions: 6
Freya. Don't know why but it just grates on me (sorry!)

Ok I’ve found a new winner. School news letter came out today, always has the head teacher weekly awards on it. This week 2 children won. One called Braxton and one called Marley - Raye 😱
At this point I think if a child called 'Sarah' or 'James' won something we'd think it was a typo 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Freya. Don't know why but it just grates on me (sorry!)

At this point I think if a child called 'Sarah' or 'James' won something we'd think it was a typo 🤣 🤣 🤣
Freya is super common now, I'm not a fan but I dont find it offensive. Ore oduba and wife have just had a baby girl called Genie. I don't like it. What do you guys think?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My son is called Finley; he gets variations of the spelling of his (fairly simple) name but the best so far has been Finnleigh 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The name Braxton is AWFUL!!! do you think their mums was in hospital thinking they were in labour and the midwife says ‘no love you’re just having braxton hicks’ and the Mum goes ‘braxton what now? Oh I love that name’ and ever since they wanted to call it Braxton??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I knew a rather strange woman I used to chat to waiting for the bus to work.
One day I bumped into her working in a local shop. She had changed her name from Sandra to Betty Kitten! This was a long time ago too, maybe 25 years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
One day I bumped into her working in a local shop. She had changed her name from Sandra to Betty Kitten! This was a long time ago too, maybe 25 years.
Isn't that the name of one of Jonathan Ross' children? Maybe she was a fan 😆

Eta: a psychic fan clearly because she came before the Ross children. Don't mind me and my slow brain. It's late 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I prefer Sandra to Betty. The kitten bit can just be binned 🤢

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.