Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the name doesnt work with the accent of that particular region. In my area, people pronounce names like Lola, Cole and Cody as Lerla, Kerl and Kerdy. I often wonder if the kids get confused when someone pronounces their name properly 😂
I feel the same about if someone named Craig moved to America and was suddenly called Creg by everybody!

I can't stand names that have times that don't match up. Calling a kid May when they're born in September, or Summer when they're born in February, or Tuesday when they're born on a Friday.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I feel the same about if someone named Craig moved to America and was suddenly called Creg by everybody!

I can't stand names that have times that don't match up. Calling a kid May when they're born in September, or Summer when they're born in February, or Tuesday when they're born on a Friday.
I know what you mean or names like rainbow then call another child Arthur or Mary for example they just don’t go together.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think opinions about names very much depend on whether we know/like people with those names... eg I know a lovely Sally, lots of Sophies etc. Jane, Sue, Caroline, Liza, Brigid all much loved friends. I know a horrible Alex (f). And that's leaving out 'unusual' names. So maybe its as much about association as anything?

Reactions: 9
I know a Hashtag. For realsies. He went to my lads Scouts.

Went to school with a girl called Eleele. Yep.

There was a baby called Enzo at a baby group too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Hashtag might be a winner in this thread, poor chap.

enzo is usually short for lorenzo afaik, maybe they’re Italian? Lorenzo as a name I don’t like it too much but we’re miles from poor Hashtag.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm sure on one of the traveller wedding programmes one of the kids was called Nangirl! Its probably the same person 🤣
That figures because they always name the eldest daughter after her mother, likewise the eldest son gets the father's name so this poor little mite obviously got Nangirl because she is "Nan's Girl" named after her Nan o' corse

• Haha
Reactions: 6
this couple i know called their kid Eevee Lou Sean (as in Eevee evolutions) from Pokemon and then they had another and called it Willow Wynter-Gardins

I thought my name was tit because it’s common but my god i’m glad my parents didn’t call me one of them

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
There was a girl at our school called Grania (Irish I think) and we all called her Gussy. Another named Camay but was renamed Soapy. All the Elizabeths in my class were too hard to cope with so they were universally known by shortened versions of their surnames - hence Jacks for Jackson, Tails for Taylor and Duggs for Douglas. It was terrible really that their given pretty names were just bastardised.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.