Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yes I do like the name Kemi (think it’s Kenyan) but yes we also called them Camay after the soap 🧼 I like that name tbh childhood teacher 😂

Reactions: 1
I follow a business page on Instagram and the owner announced her baby boy this week with a picture of him holding a little sign “ hello .. my name is Bucky.

Bucky!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I just don't get some parents. There are twins in the class of my friend's son called freddie and jobie. Surely when he's a bit older jobie is going to ask his parents why did you give my twin bro a
nice, decent classic name and me a rubbish name that's not even a proper name and that sounds a bit like jobby, the Scottish slang for poo.
Poor kid

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Aiden, Kayden, Mayden, Rayden and Jayden - We are surrounded by them... (Seem to be the only names in Glasgow) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I just don't get some parents. There are twins in the class of my friend's son called freddie and jobie. Surely when he's a bit older jobie is going to ask his parents why did you give my twin bro a
nice, decent classic name and me a rubbish name that's not even a proper name and that sounds a bit like jobby, the Scottish slang for poo.
Poor kid
When I was a kid a Jobie was one of those HUGE spiders you find in the garden Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk! :)

At least Stacy Solomon has not given her child an entirely hilarious name to endure
Rose Opal Esme Solomon-Swash
It could have been far worse! :)

Reactions: 10
I follow a business page on Instagram and the owner announced her baby boy this week with a picture of him holding a little sign “ hello .. my name is Bucky.

Bucky!!
The mum surely must've been born after the early 90s. All I can hear now is the theme tune to "Bucky O'Hare" (he goes where no ordinary rabbit would dare). 😂🐰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Thanks to this thread, I hate every name I encounter. Haha. We are trying for a baby with Clomid soon and I think the baby will be nameless for a while!

I don't like the name Mathew with one t.
Not a fan of Eileen or Catherine.
You mean you're not going to name the baby Clomid?! Surely you're missing an Insta influencing trick there! 😬😉

Haha just thought of some variations
Clomydde-Rae, Mae etc
Clommidde-Rose and the masculine
Klomid-Kayden

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I read something online the other week about a woman in America who wanted to name her baby Ottilie after a friend of hers who lived in the UK. She adored the name until the baby was born and she started to actually use it and realised in an American accent it sounds like "Oddily" 🤣 She legally changed the name when little Oddily was a few months old 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I read something online the other week about a woman in America who wanted to name her baby Ottilie after a friend of hers who lived in the UK. She adored the name until the baby was born and she started to actually use it and realised in an American accent it sounds like "Oddily" 🤣 She legally changed the name when little Oddily was a few months old 🤣
i read that too 🤣

Bucky!!
As in after the Marvel character 🤦‍♀️ bet he’ll have a brother called Loki😭:ROFLMAO:

Call your pets after fictional characters not your kids (unless it’s a name that’s not obvious)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.