Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ashley/Ashleigh
Bianca
Brianna
Caleb
Callum
Chantelle
Chanel
Jamie
Kayleigh
Kieron
Lee/Leigh
Mercedes
Stacey

To me, the above are the current era's versions of Sharon, Tracey, Kevin and Darren. Its not the child's fault, just parental poor taste, or my negative associations. I'm also a judgemental witch. :devilish:

Reactions: 9
I know a lot of Stephen, Kevin and Connor’s. I don’t like a single one of them and it’s put me massively off the names🙃

Reactions: 3
Has anyone mentioned Renaelia yet? Sounds like a type of kidney disease 😂

Edit some twit of an influencer named their child that.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Names that end in -ub or -um make me nauseous.

Jacob
Caleb
Callum
Liam
Tatum

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Danielle, Jade, Zoe, Sarah, Claire (awful, harsh and boring), Kirsty, Amy, Gemma are names I associate with witches. I genuinely think they are terrible names too. All are popular in my age group. Kadie is a very popular choice round my ways for little girls, even though I do know of one boy called this and I just don't see the appeal!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Parenting groups are great when someone asks for name suggestions. Just had a search on one and people have said:

Kylo-Jax
Malachai-Fox
Exel-Bleu
Lucifer-michael
Zaydok-Ronald
Someone with 2 sons called Adonis and Braiker
Someone else having twins called Storm and Rayne 😭

There's just no need

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
It really annoys me when people don't name their kids "equal" names, like equally classic or equally stupid.

A friend's sister has kids called Isabella, Jessica, Bebe, Gary and Rio.

Partner's mate called his boy twins Hunter and Jesse, but Jesse was the sickly baby in nicu.

Another girl has 2 girls called Aria Rayne and Raya Natalie.

Reactions: 6
ilaria is one ive heard lately.
Ariella is just as bad.
This reminds me of when I was at school and I studied Latin. My teacher gave us all Latin names and I was saddled with Hilaria. I was disappointed I didn't get a prettier name like Melissa or Poppaea!

Reactions: 1
Parenting groups are great when someone asks for name suggestions. Just had a search on one and people have said:

Kylo-Jax
Malachai-Fox
Exel-Bleu
Lucifer-michael
Zaydok-Ronald
Someone with 2 sons called Adonis and Braiker
Someone else having twins called Storm and Rayne 😭

There's just no need
Lucifer-Michael?!! Good grief 😂🙈

Reactions: 2
Anything that’s got an awful side addition of - Mae :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lacey-Mae
Gracey-Mae
Bella-Mae

Just sounds incredibly chavvy.
And Jayden.. setting up for a life of a chav there.

Reactions: 10
Must be a nightmare if your child insists on a name you don't like! For years my Aunty resisted calling her daughter by a shortened version of her name because she hated it but in the end gave in because everyone else was using it!
I tend to call her ‘Belle’ as a bit of a compromise. When I was pregnant with her, I always said I didn’t like Izzy as a shortened name for her but I did like Belle. She doesn’t seem to mind this! Or at least she’s never told me off for calling her it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.