Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anything that’s got an awful side addition of - Mae :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lacey-Mae
Gracey-Mae
Bella-Mae

Just sounds incredibly chavvy.
And Jayden.. setting up for a life of a chav there.
Absolutely hate doubled barrelled names. I find them really cumbersome. Like the parent struggled to settle on just one name. I've noticed more and more parents using Rae over the past few years.

Mae is the modern day "Louise". Most 30-40 year olds have Louise. Which is actually isnt such a bad name on its own. I've noticed most Gemmas or Kellys seem to have Louise.

I find Ava really pretentious. Especially with "Mae" on it.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely hate doubled barrelled names. I find them really cumbersome. Like the parent struggled to settle on just one name. I've noticed more and more parents using Rae over the past few years.

Mae is the modern day "Louise". Most 30-40 year olds have Louise. Which is actually isnt such a bad name on its own. I've noticed most Gemmas or Kellys seem to have Louise.

I find Ava really pretentious. Especially with "Mae" on it.
I know someone who has literally just called their child Ava-Mae 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not a name as such but people calling girls with an M-name “Moo”, like Millie-Moo, Maisie-Moo, and one I heard today, Miley-Moo. I know it’s a cute nickname thing but it winds me up!

I've just seen someone say their kids are called Binksy and Bugsy - just NO

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Enforced shortenings. For example, people naming their child Bertie instead of Albert, Georgie instead of Georgina, Alfie instead of Albert. Fine, use a nickname, but put the whole name on their birth certificate, the kid's going to be an adult one day.

*cough*, Archie, *cough*

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hunter is not a name I'd give to a child. To a dog maybe, but not a child. Bit like Stacey Solomon calling her son Rex - it's a dog's name.

Anyone that double barrels a first name with the name "Rose". I know quite a few. Totally unoriginal.

• Haha
Tying in with the double barrelled names and the nickname Moo-someone I know has got Lily-Rose, Lacey-Mae and Amelia-June. I dislike the name Ameila, I know of 2 and they both get called Moo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think it was Liv Tyler who posted an ⚓ When she had her baby. The name was Sailor. I thought it was Wan*er 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Isabella but always called Bella
Amelia. Never known one that’s not spoilt?

I've just seen someone say their kids are called Binksy and Bugsy - just NO
A woman in my road had twin boys. You can guess what she called them……….

Reactions: 2
Isabella but always called Bella
Amelia. Never known one that’s not spoilt?

A woman in my road had twin boys. You can guess what she called them……….
Reggie and Ronnie? My little ones middle name is reggie but is genuinely after my grandad

Reactions: 3
horrible names I have heard recently that people have inflicted on children;

Magnus
Hector
Cariad
Miami Rose
Aydan
Sybil
Twin girls called Shaynie and Georgie
🙈😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
horrible names I have heard recently that people have inflicted on children;

Magnus
Hector
Cariad
Miami Rose
Aydan
Sybil
Twin girls called Shaynie and Georgie
🙈😆
At least Cariad is Welsh I guess. Although I'm sure there are nicer sounding Welsh names.

Reactions: 2
Martin. Apart from being a horrible name full stop. The T is either totally missed out or over pronounced in my accent. Either common as muck or fake posh sounding 🤣

• Haha
Haha! I am with you on this! Love dogs with "human" names. I am allergic but if I did have a dog, he would be called Frank lol!
I was once in an elevator with an elderly man and his little dog was called Emma. I don’t know to laugh or cry cause he was so cute

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.