Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Petra.
Petunia.
Petal.
Naomi/Nyomi.
Riley.
Angel.
Tyler.
Dawn.
Kalel
Apple/Strawberry/Olive.
Louise.
Gabby/Gabbie.
Once knew a girl called Toni-Jordynn 😐
Christina.

Yeah it took a little while to pick our kids names😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I remember when my son was little, a girl in his class was called Octavia. The mum would stand in the playground shouting ‘hurry up Octaviaaaaaaaa’. The mum was also the reason letters got sent out from the school saying that pyjamas and dressing gowns were not appropriate attire for collecting your child from school.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Luna - maybe 5 years ago but now so popular and I know it as a dogs name, sorry 😿

Yvonne - no explanation needed

River - fab if you’re a Californian hippie, not a school kid in cheadle

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Petra.
Petunia.
Petal.
Naomi/Nyomi.
Riley.
Angel.
Tyler.
Dawn.
Kalel
Apple/Strawberry/Olive.
Louise.
Gabby/Gabbie.
Once knew a girl called Toni-Jordynn 😐
Christina.

Yeah it took a little while to pick our kids names😂
Never seen strawberry used. 🤪

If I had son today he would be called Artemis. :LOL:
If I had dog it would be called Lupo.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I remember when my son was little, a girl in his class was called Octavia. The mum would stand in the playground shouting ‘hurry up Octaviaaaaaaaa’. The mum was also the reason letters got sent out from the school saying that pyjamas and dressing gowns were not appropriate attire for collecting your child from school.
A friends brother and his girlfriend recently had a baby called Octavia and the mum is this exact Mum 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Luna - maybe 5 years ago but now so popular and I know it as a dogs name, sorry 😿

Yvonne - no explanation needed

River - fab if you’re a Californian hippie, not a school kid in cheadle
Yep Luna is a dogs name. Makes me cringe when people call their kid that!!

Reactions: 2
Definitely a dog name. My friends named their daughter this and i really hoped they would change their minds. I just picture my sister's boxer dog when I hear the name, not a tiny baby!
My daughter is called Isobel but insists on being called ‘Bella’. I don’t like it either 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My daughter is called Isobel but insists on being called ‘Bella’. I don’t like it either 😬
Must be a nightmare if your child insists on a name you don't like! For years my Aunty resisted calling her daughter by a shortened version of her name because she hated it but in the end gave in because everyone else was using it!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.