Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sienna which is both nonsense ( it’s a city not a person’s name, would you call someone Oslo? Miami? Madrid?) and also misspelled ( city is called Siena )
Most people who use it have also never been there 🤣
I also can’t stand Andrea for a girl as the meaning is “vigorous man” same goes for Cecily ( the one who is blind ) or Claudia ( the one who is limping )
I often wonder how people give names without checking their meaning before.
thats really funny my sil is called Andrea and my mum thought she was a man the first time she saw her ! 🤣

I work in banking and open accounts for children and some of the names we get are awful, great for bullies though which is so unfair, worst names to date are

Alaska flame
River skye
Wolfie
Suki
Goldie
Rex
I love toy story but why name your child Rex

Reactions: 4
A school friend had an older sister who was in sixth form when we started secondary school. The sister in sixth form's best friend was called Virginia. I think it's a really pretty name, but not one that a female should get saddled with, unfortunately.

My friend was always talking about what her sister and Virginia were getting up to- they were sophisticated sixth formers compared to us 11 years olds. However, EVERY time she tired to say Virginia she would accidentally say/start to say Vagina. 😂 The she would painfully and embarrassedly backtrack to say her proper name.

😂😂😂 Happy days.

Reactions: 3
Kaimani (like Armani but with *extra* chav) was the name of a baby a woman had who I had dealings with once in an old job. Never heard it since thank goodness lol 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In my region it is popular amongst chavs.

I can't talk about dog names as both my children's names ( boy and girl ) seem to have become popular dogs name 😂
i have to add i do love to hear dogs with “human” names so wondering where we draw the line 😂 neighbours dog is Derek and it cracks me up daily hearing her call him- and it suits him so well!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
i have to add i do love to hear dogs with “human” names so wondering where we draw the line 😂 neighbours dog is Derek and it cracks me up daily hearing her call him- and it suits him so well!!
Haha! I am with you on this! Love dogs with "human" names. I am allergic but if I did have a dog, he would be called Frank lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love this too. My friend at school had a cat called Dave 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Bella , awful.
I would never use it myself for one of my children, but I know a little girl called it and it does actually suit her. Can't imagine it aging well as she gets older mind.

Ridiculous spellings that nobody will ever get right. Like Emmaleigh 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.