My Solo Journey to Mom #21 Pays no tax, drinks Pipsi max. Lives in the nightie isn't momming solo mighty!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That room is frightening..she is far too extreme ...at nearly 2 the Whitenoise should be gone ..the whole point of Whitenoise is to help baby out of the womb ...remind them of that etc..not to keep blasting at 2 years old...imagine those little girls listening to that in a dark soulless room ...waking up but knowing no comfort with come ...I'm not expert but I see developmental and emotional trauma issues arising from that. I don't think I can watch anymore ...

Reactions: 11
We were invited to a few weddings but I couldn't leave my little one , I knew myself I wouldn't enjoy myself being away from her. They are only little for so long. I do get smart comments saying I'd want to cop on and to go to these weddings for the weekend, but I'm happiest at home with my children . As sad as that may be to others... I prefer it. 😕
I’m the same and I also find it an awful hassle and stressful. I prefer to stay at home with them and not go,it suits me. The one time I did go,it was some load of hassle,lists and instructions for my mother in law who wouldn’t be the best now with the food situation and cutting food in a child appropriate way or children in general,so I had to give instructions and have their food all prepared, cooked and in the fridge,all their clothes organised and out for them,all I’ll say is thank the lord for my older college going daughter as she was here to put my mind at ease while I was gone.
As for Lisa and the twins room,it is so depressing,not a lovely little girls room at all! It’s more like a prison cell! Also as @Darkside said above,absolutely creaming in her knickers about how dark it is in that room and this was the only thing she was rabbiting on about! You’d assume like any other mother that she would have made that room into a lovely bedroom for them,nice colour,etc and say something like “I know they are only little but I know they’ll be excited with their new room!” But no,she made that room like a dungeon for her two small girls and is now delighted with herself on how dark it is so that they’ll maybe sleep even more! Lisa,my love…you need help…professional help,your whole life is consumed with this strange obsession regarding sleep and how much sleep and how much more you can get your children to sleep as if they don’t sleep enough already! Your life is consumed by how much time you can plonk your lazy strange arse on your parents sofa doing as little as possible and doing as little as possible with your children( the children you said you always wanted!) Their life is also consumed by sleep since the day they arrived home which is a really sad life for children in my opinion and now they’ll be waking up in pitch darkness,hearing that machine blasting and “mom” nowhere to be seen during the night so they’ll have no choice but to go back to sleep possibly afraid and as others have said,that will cause issues in their life moving forward and don’t get me started on the bullshit regarding kids ages,their imagination and when they’re afraid of the dark! This woman is honestly on another planet,she is really is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
My guy sleeps in a *fairly* dark room, but there’s also a nightlight. He likes playing with his teddy before he settles down to sleep most nights, so he needs to see him!
He also sleeps in a fairly light room in his nana’s.
If he starts crying I go in and cuddle/reassure him. He’s not afraid because he knows I will ALWAYS come back.
Lisa’s kids know they’re on their own.

Reactions: 3
Such a cruel strange woman! I do hope she’s not getting any “sleep training” clients for the sake of their children and their well-being.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I've one child who loves a pitch black room since the start, gives out about any light coming in. It is the most inconvenient sleep habit EVER and we did not encourage it at all.
The other 3 sleep anywhere.

Surely to be a good gentle sleep consultant one of the key pillars would be to have a programme that is suitable to the average lifestyle. Including the ability to accomodate sleep in a variety of environments.

Room looks like a dungeon but so does the entire house. With the ogre she is I'm not really surprised.

Reactions: 6
The room looks like she’s setting it up to hold someone hostage in there!! I presume whatever ‘blinds’ they are stay closed all the time?? Like she wouldn’t be removing them in the morning and back on at nap and nighttime??!

Reactions: 4
The room looks like she’s setting it up to hold someone hostage in there!! I presume whatever ‘blinds’ they are stay closed all the time?? Like she wouldn’t be removing them in the morning and back on at nap and nighttime??!
With the amount of time they spend sleeping I doubt she’ll bother & the mould issue will double.
It looks like quite a small space, I can’t imagine how she managed a double bed & 2 cots with all their clothes. Didn’t she end up with cots opposite ends of the room too?
How she stuck it out so long is crazy to me.

I’m the same and I also find it an awful hassle and stressful. I prefer to stay at home with them and not go,it suits me. The one time I did go,it was some load of hassle,lists and instructions for my mother in law who wouldn’t be the best now with the food situation and cutting food in a child appropriate way or children in general,so I had to give instructions and have their food all prepared, cooked and in the fridge,all their clothes organised and out for them,all I’ll say is thank the lord for my older college going daughter as she was here to put my mind at ease while I was gone.
As for Lisa and the twins room,it is so depressing,not a lovely little girls room at all! It’s more like a prison cell! Also as @Darkside said above,absolutely creaming in her knickers about how dark it is in that room and this was the only thing she was rabbiting on about! You’d assume like any other mother that she would have made that room into a lovely bedroom for them,nice colour,etc and say something like “I know they are only little but I know they’ll be excited with their new room!” But no,she made that room like a dungeon for her two small girls and is now delighted with herself on how dark it is so that they’ll maybe sleep even more! Lisa,my love…you need help…professional help,your whole life is consumed with this strange obsession regarding sleep and how much sleep and how much more you can get your children to sleep as if they don’t sleep enough already! Your life is consumed by how much time you can plonk your lazy strange arse on your parents sofa doing as little as possible and doing as little as possible with your children( the children you said you always wanted!) Their life is also consumed by sleep since the day they arrived home which is a really sad life for children in my opinion and now they’ll be waking up in pitch darkness,hearing that machine blasting and “mom” nowhere to be seen during the night so they’ll have no choice but to go back to sleep possibly afraid and as others have said,that will cause issues in their life moving forward and don’t get me started on the bullshit regarding kids ages,their imagination and when they’re afraid of the dark! This woman is honestly on another planet,she is really is.
I cant watch her anymore, it is actually upsetting. 😔 there is something seriously wrong with her, treating the two little girls like this , it is not right. It's quite disturbing.

No engagement with people disagreeing with the pitch black room reel. Clearly she entirely lacks the critical thinking skills to have any kind of conversation about it (and also because she’s wrong).

Reactions: 9
I cant watch her anymore, it is actually upsetting. 😔 there is something seriously wrong with her, treating the two little girls like this , it is not right. It's quite disturbing.
It is,it’s very sad and an awful shame that they’re not “allowed” a decent bedroom for their age because “mom” can’t deal with the normal day to day life with kids and wants all her own way,not what they might need or like. I just feel like they can’t be kids,stuck in nana and grandas house forever “moms choice!” not because she has no other choice,she has chosen this life of being a leech,now a bedroom that mom has transformed into a dungeon like room because she wants as much sleep and lazing around as possible for herself. What a sad,miserable life.

Reactions: 5
Course they will, and you can guarantee not a window open in the morning to let fresh air and brightness in. First thing I do every morning, curtains blinds and windows open.

My kids like their room dark enough but the door isn't closed completely shut just pulled over , but they would sleep anywhere not just confined to dark rooms for sleep. She's away with the fairies she's absolutely obsessed with sleep and getting them to sleep and white noise machines and black out blinds, it's ridiculous now . She must be such a bore to listen to about it all. Remember the time she put the black out blind on the hall window because she said light was getting on under the door and the time she brought the white noise machine on the car . She seriously needs to cop on. I can just imagine she is the type of person that would try and tell her sister that she knows more about raring children than what the sister does. Them poor children I feel so sorry for with a mother than only cares about firing them into bed every chance she gets rather than play with them. I have followed Lisa from the start and I did really like her but no she has completely turned my stomach since having them little girls the way she is with them. And don't get me started again on the house 🤢🤮. It is absolutely walking I have never seen the likes of it in my life it's disgusting.

What is she telling about "are you ever not working when you're self employed?"

Well Lisa, I'm rarely not far from worn as a self employed person but I can't even count all the time away you've had from work and your kids, not to mention a whole month off in July you stupid duck

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The poor dad trying to take the burned toast off ayda and idiot laughing into her phone. 😮 those two parents are raising her twins as she’s sitting on couch with not a shower done or a bra on 🙄

Imagine the smell in the house i the toast looks like that .. who gives a child that size toast ike that? Poor childs mouth be torn to shreds

You’d wonder after doing one room will lisa realise the work she should put into other rooms. It’s up to her if she’s decided to prop herself up in the house for the foreseeable. Often when floor and wall are done fresh you realise how much the rest of the house needs some

“ letting them play in here so the transition is easier” am I missing something ? Is this room on the moon ? I swear the way she shares these tips she wanted to be a teacher but didn’t get the points in her leaving certificate. Teaching all the parents who haven’t a clue unlike super Lisa 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.