My Solo Journey to Mom #19 Sleep coach my arse, her business is a farce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I disagree.
There is absolutely not enough advertising on rear facing, it’s the one thing I’m actually glad she advocates for, granted she’s such a hypocrite when it comes to safety.

There are many different car seats for all different budgets, there’s rarely an excuse to not have your child rear facing under the age of 3.5 with so many 0-18kg seats out there.
Well I’ll agree to disagree with you. I have 4 and luckily can afford whatever car seat I want. But with my car there’s no way to configure the seats so that they are all rear facing, I can’t afford a new car, I live in the UAE, second hand cars are practically non existent and I would be looking at well over 50,000 for the car I would need. Preachy Lisa has no business taking the tone she does regarding parenting

Reactions: 5
Pretty sad at that age to just decide you'd never meet anyone to have children with isn't it. She was only early 30s

Reactions: 3
She may not be interested in men either and that's okay too 🤔
I always thought this from the start. When she was early in her journey she went on one of the radio stations and someone tagged her in the comments, I looked at her page and seeing the photos I actually thought her sister was her partner 🙊

Reactions: 2
I don’t get it either, unless she bagged herself a big discount from the shop and has to randomly mention safety & where she got her seats in return for their kind gesture.
Seen people on here said How Kim from remaining hopeful put her son forward facing at a very early age and now she's one of Lisa's "clients" this week....sure is one way to p**s her off.
But look Lisa got one parenting thing correct over the past 18mths so she needs to keep showing us so she can pat herself on the back

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Well I’ll agree to disagree with you. I have 4 and luckily can afford whatever car seat I want. But with my car there’s no way to configure the seats so that they are all rear facing, I can’t afford a new car, I live in the UAE, second hand cars are practically non existent and I would be looking at well over 50,000 for the car I would need. Preachy Lisa has no business taking the tone she does regarding parenting
It’s not really anyone’s problem that you can’t afford to put your four kids into the safest car seats. Whether you can afford to or not, rear facing is safest and that’s a fact. Lisa has actually got one thing right, and everyone should be preaching about it because it really is that simple, it’s safer.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s not really anyone’s problem that you can’t afford to put your four kids into the safest car seats. Whether you can afford to or not, rear facing is safest and that’s a fact. Lisa has actually got one thing right, and everyone should be preaching about it because it really is that simple, it’s safer.
My kids all have some of the higher rated car seats but they don’t all fit into my car rear facing and I, like most people can’t afford 50k+ on a car that they will all go in rear facing. I didn’t say it was anyone else’s problem, I didn’t even say people shouldn’t inform others that rear facing is safer, I said Lisa personally should not be so preachy and condescending about parenting.
I’ll add that I bought my car when I had 3 kids and all 3 could rear face. I specifically chose my car because it has the best crash test ratings for a 7 seater by a very large margin and I feel very very safe in it with my children. But I don’t go around all high and mighty preaching to people who have their children perfectly rear facing in a Nissan micra. Because it’s pointless, people can afford what they can afford. Make people aware, sure, but making people feel bad about things outside their control is an asshole thing to do

My kids all have some of the higher rated car seats but they don’t all fit into my car rear facing and I, like most people can’t afford 50k+ on a car that they will all go in rear facing. I didn’t say it was anyone else’s problem, I didn’t even say people shouldn’t inform others that rear facing is safer, I said Lisa personally should not be so preachy and condescending about parenting.
I’ll add that I bought my car when I had 3 kids and all 3 could rear face. I specifically chose my car because it has the best crash test ratings for a 7 seater by a very large margin and I feel very very safe in it with my children. But I don’t go around all high and mighty preaching to people who have their children perfectly rear facing in a Nissan micra. Because it’s pointless, people can afford what they can afford. Make people aware, sure, but making people feel bad about things outside their control is an asshole thing to do
Where was she being “preachy and condescending” though?

I don’t see anything wrong with her recommending the car seats she has for the girls?

Reactions: 4
Where was she being “preachy and condescending” though?

I don’t see anything wrong with her recommending the car seats she has for the girls?
Rear face for longer it’s safer it’s that simple!
that’s not a recommendation, she’s telling people what to do. My point again, before I get a warning, is that depending on factors such as number of children and finances, some people can’t have their children rear facing,phrasing things in an unhelpful way aimed making them feel bad about that is not because she wants to spread information, it’s to make herself feel better than people

Reactions: 2
The way she rubs her nose in tonight's stories 🤢FFS Lisa stop recording and get a tissue! Also I'm pretty sure that sweatshirt could walk on its own!

that’s not a recommendation, she’s telling people what to do. My point again, before I get a warning, is that depending on factors such as number of children and finances, some people can’t have their children rear facing,phrasing things in an unhelpful way aimed making them feel bad about that is not because she wants to spread information, it’s to make herself feel better than people
it isn’t a recommendation no, you’re right, it’s a fact. It is safer. The more people telling other people that the better, it’s safer, it saves lives.
I don’t care about your stupid car stories, your kids would still be safer rear facing whether you can afford it or not. It’s a fact. If you feel bad about that then that’s your issue, not Lisa’s or anyone else’s, not her fault you had a fourth and couldn’t fit their seat in

She’s not telling people what to do?
She stated a fact.

Just because it hit a nerve with you doesn’t mean she should stop recommending car seat safety.

She’s based in Ireland and the majority of her followers are Irish, there’s not enough emphasis here on the importance of rear facing. There should be more advertising on the matter!

Reactions: 12
it isn’t a recommendation no, you’re right, it’s a fact. It is safer. The more people telling other people that the better, it’s safer, it saves lives.
I don’t care about your stupid car stories, your kids would still be safer rear facing whether you can afford it or not. It’s a fact. If you feel bad about that then that’s your issue, not Lisa’s or anyone else’s, not her fault you had a fourth and couldn’t fit their seat in
Jesus can we give the car seats a skip!!! You do you. Each to their own.
Lisa does enough to harm her own kids by overfeeding them, keeping them in a damp mouldy filthy house, not giving them fresh air or stimulation, keeping them in a sleep coma 19 hours a day. Her rear facing them on the way to supermacs doesn’t make her a great mum!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jesus can we give the car seats a skip!!! You do you. Each to their own.
Lisa does enough to harm her own kids by overfeeding them, keeping them in a damp mouldy filthy house, not giving them fresh air or stimulation, keeping them in a sleep coma 19 hours a day. Her rear facing them on the way to supermacs doesn’t make her a great mum!

No, but she is correct, it is safer, and it is that simple…..

"De gurls do love a mcdonalds" .... no tit sherlock 😒 setting them up for a life of eating tit "food" like yourself

Reactions: 10
"De gurls do love a mcdonalds" .... no tit sherlock 😒 setting them up for a life of eating tit "food" like yourself
Every child loves a McDonald’s given the chance, personally at 19/20 months (not 100% sure how old the girls are) they shouldn’t “love” it, if they do they’re having it far too often 🫣 she’s not doing them any favours in life 😔

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.