My solo journey to mom #17 does not pay rents, house full of tents, couch has dents, does tha make sense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Odd she’s not been on, what was her last story? The one with Ayda/Hazel awake during the night?? She’s probably just catching up on her sleep 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Last thing she posted was her candle lighting for Baby Evie. She’d be slated if she came on now complaining about sleep, illness or pretty much anything because there are parents out there would do anything for that time with their children

Reactions: 11
The stress of it alone would have a person strung out regardless of the germs (if I had options like she does I'd have waited until May/June.... actually.... I'd probably keep them at home because I want to raise my kids myself)
I know this is aimed at Lisa and in the context that she is not working full time but is anyone else tired of the narrative that working mothers are not raising their kids? Raising kids also means putting a roof over their heads, food on the table and clothes on their backs. Sadly we can’t all get away with living with the parents all our lives and having no bills so some of us have to work. Also, some of us have careers we’ve spent years studying for and working towards and can’t give it up to raise the kids because it would be virtually impossible to comeback to it at the same level 5 years or so down the road, in the private sector anyway in my experience. Also it’s good for children to see their parents working. It’s a fact that children who grew up in a household where their parents worked are statistically more like to work themselves and not end up long term unemployed as adults. It’s hard enough juggling a full time busy job and being a parent and knowing that you are missing out on time with your child without the judgyness of society too. You just can’t win.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know this is aimed at Lisa and in the context that she is not working full time but is anyone else tired of the narrative that working mothers are not raising their kids? Raising kids also means putting a roof over their heads, food on the table and clothes on their backs. Sadly we can’t all get away with living with the parents all our lives and having no bills so some of us have to work. Also, some of us have careers we’ve spent years studying for and working towards and can’t give it up to raise the kids because it would be virtually impossible to comeback to it at the same level 5 years or so down the road, in the private sector anyway in my experience. Also it’s good for children to see their parents working. It’s a fact that children who grew up in a household where their parents worked are statistically more like to work themselves and not end up long term unemployed as adults. It’s hard enough juggling a full time busy job and being a parent and knowing that you are missing out on time with your child without the judgyness of society too. You just can’t win.
PREACH 👏👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 9
Couldn’t agree more. If every woman who was a mother gave up their job to ‘raise their kids themselves’, society would collapse. I can raise my kids AND contribute to my household and society and I don’t feel a bit guilty for it either.

Reactions: 19
I actually feel the opposite. There’s an expectation for women to work now and raising your kids at home isn’t seen as equal to those to work outside the home. My friend chose to stay at home with her kids and years later, she’s constantly being asked when she’s returning to work. Both are valid in their own right. Neither is an easy route. At the end of the day, giving our kids a safe and loving home is what matters most regardless of family dynamics or who works where.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I actually feel the opposite. There’s an expectation for women to work now and raising your kids at home isn’t seen as equal to those to work outside the home. My friend chose to stay at home with her kids and years later, she’s constantly being asked when she’s returning to work. Both are valid in their own right. Neither is an easy route. At the end of the day, giving our kids a safe and loving home is what matters most regardless of family dynamics or who works where.
But working mothers are also raising their kids. There’s parents who work and parents who don’t. For whatever reason, can afford not to, dont want to, whatever. But we’re all still raising our kids.

Reactions: 17

I'm always asked when I'm returning I'm home 12 years but for the last 5 years I also car for my elderly grandmother too and I'm lucky to be in a privileged position to be able to enjoy my toddler and spend an incredible amount of time with my granny. But when she goes.... hopefully not for a long time I go back to.work then. ( I don't get paid to look after my granny) it's an honour I love doing it she raised me so this is my way of thanking her. But recently my youngest is 3.... your not having any more kids you might as well.go back to work... I live an hour and 10 minute's from granny drop the kids, drive to granny's wash and shower her prepare her meds for the day and food for when my sister comes.home drive back to be there at 3 to collect the kids again then home dinner homework.. although lately the slow cooker has become my best friend.... but I clock up a far bit of time on the go...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But working mothers are also raising their kids. There’s parents who work and parents who don’t. For whatever reason, can afford not to, dont want to, whatever. But we’re all still raising our kids.
Mmm.. I wouldn’t exactly say “there’s parents who work and parents who don’t”. I see both options as working. And both equally as important just different choices (or unfortunately sometimes outside of our control). I work outside the home also and of course we are raising our kids. We’re all just doing our best.

Reactions: 4
Mmm.. I wouldn’t exactly say “there’s parents who work and parents who don’t”. I see both options as working. And both equally as important just different choices (or unfortunately sometimes outside of our control). I work outside the home also and of course we are raising our kids. We’re all just doing our best.
I think it’s pretty clear by work it’s work outside the home is what’s meant.

Reactions: 10
Oh God can we not go down the sahm vs working mom route, it’s such a bore. You’re working? Oh you must be a cold hearted cow to not to want to be with your kids! Oh wait you’re not working and you’re at home with the kids? Lazy witch, you’re probably sitting all day collecting every benefit you can! Ladies there is no winning, being a sahm or a working mother isn’t going to dictate whether you’re a good mother or not. Both are equal, both are hard and both have places in society, neither above or below the other.

Funnily the issue in one way has nothing to do with working or not and more to do with women, their place in the home and in the workplace and motherhood. Think how many times your boyfriends and husbands have been called a working dad or made to feel bad by society for not being home with the kids? You won’t. Let’s keep it moving 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Some parents parent.
Some parents work, and parent too.
Yizzer all deadly, if that makes sinse.
A nice glass of pipsi and back to discussing sleepy Lisa who I reckon is having a two day fat nap.
Tattle on. X

• Haha
Reactions: 13

It is aimed at Lisa... the statement at the bottom says if I had options like her.

I don't, I'm a working mother, granted been on mat leave quite a while now but I'll be going back when I need to.

Any opportunity outside work I'll be with my kids though. I don't just leave them with someone else to merge my arse with a sofa.

I do agree we all raise our kids, part of it does involve selecting creche when you have to work but what could she tell her girls? Ah I've phone calls to make girls... off ye go.

Reactions: 1
Some parents parent.
Some parents work, and parent too.
Yizzer all deadly, if that makes sinse.
A nice glass of pipsi and back to discussing sleepy Lisa who I reckon is having a two day fat nap.
Tattle on. X

My neighbour has 4 kids and her parents do mist of the rearing granted they both work full time but both in the even play soccer 3 evenings a week, get to the gym weekends away, ....

Stop fighting over working or not working, it’s rilly rilly taking away from the thread.

Whether you work inside or outside the home or both you’re still doing more than Lisa. Rilly rilly

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Stop fighting over working or not working, it’s rilly rilly taking away from the thread.

Whether you work inside or outside the home or both you’re still doing more than Lisa. Rilly rilly
😂😂😂 rilly rilly well said, what works for wan mother and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And anyway most of us only have d wan bibby, we don’t have twincesses so we know duck all Juno

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We’re all just wan woman juno, you’d be tirminted with tittle this evening, I’ve already knocked back a full glass of Pepsi ‘cause of ye all

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We’re all just wan woman juno, you’d be tirminted with tittle this evening, I’ve already knocked back a full glass of Pepsi ‘cause of ye all
I have knocked back a bottle of wine 🤣 or is that allowed

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.