Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yeah there’s a bunch of fantasists on Tattle as well. There’s someone on here claiming to be a doctor and it’s a blatant lie.
My favourites are the fantasists on the showbiz gossip threads, who claim to have intimate knowledge of various low rent celebrities.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That thread about McDonald's has made me really fancy a McDonald's. What a sad way to live constantly totting up calories. I'd rather be fat and happy than a wizened, po faced, lettuce munching sourpuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It inspired me to get a McDonald’s breakfast this morning! Double bacon and egg McMuffin meal with extra hash brown 😍 and large latte!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Currently a competitive not sitting down thread on the go i.e to get all your jobs done, don’t sit down from the minute you wake up til you go to bed.

Actual quotes:
‘Yeah I don’t really sit down. I remember in the first lockdown, sitting on the sofa in the middle of the day, and thinking …what is this??’

and

‘I rarely sit down!’

• Haha
Reactions: 25
"Viewed a house with a Renoir on the wall." in Talk - Property/DIY. Looks like it might be an interesting thread 😁

Reactions: 5
Currently a competitive not sitting down thread on the go i.e to get all your jobs done, don’t sit down from the minute you wake up til you go to bed.

Actual quotes:
‘Yeah I don’t really sit down. I remember in the first lockdown, sitting on the sofa in the middle of the day, and thinking …what is this??’

and

‘I rarely sit down!’
I rarely get up, to be frank

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Didn’t that happen to Shania Twain in real life?
It did indeed. Shania's first husband left her for a married friend of hers and Shania is now married to that friend's ex-husband.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Actual quotes:

and

‘I rarely sit down!’
They must be destroyed with varicose veins if they’re always on their feet.

It’s also just lies. They’re always much heavier, eat much more and clearly don’t exercise as much as they’d like us to believe going by the photos they post of themselves.

I always get a meal and an extra cheeseburger at maccies. Sometimes an apple pie too 😂 MN would hate me!
Also, the size of the burgers at McDonald’s are now tiny. I rarely eat it. But if I do I get two burgers or an extra portion of whatever else I am eating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Actual quotes:

and

‘I rarely sit down!’
I remember doing that too... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hell yes, that little side cheeseburger is just perfect, especially if you get a chicken main.
What?! There are people who don’t get a side cheeseburger?

I get one even if my main is a cheeseburger ☺

Urgh!!!!! "Ect" sounds like the not as bright daughter is still probably smarter than the dipshit mother.

Stupid cow.
First thing I noticed in the post was a rogue apostrophe.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Actual quotes:

and

‘I rarely sit down!’
I cannot stand people like this irl. ‘Oh I always need to be on the go, I literally can’t sit down for more than 2 minutes!’. Absolutely bleeping draining to be around.

Reactions: 21

Actual quotes:

and

‘I rarely sit down!’

Although...

I shared a house with a guy whose mother was like that.

She never stopped from the moment she got out of bed until she fell back into it exhausted.

Her son told me that there were times the rest of the family went on holiday without her as she had "too much to do."

And, when she hit retirement age and her place of work said "Thanks for everything, bye now" she offered to come in and work for free.

The family tried to get her to channel her energy in to voluntary work but she refused and just cleaned the house from top to bottom every single day instead.

However, I'm with you and think the competitive "Busiest Ever!" types on MN are all bullshitters.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I can spend whole days, especially Sundays, sitting down. Having a lazy day is one of life’s great pleasures.

Reactions: 20
Although...

I shared a house with a guy whose mother was like that.

She never stopped from the moment she got out of bed until she fell back into it exhausted.

Her son told me that there were times the rest of the family went on holiday without her as she had "too much to do."

And, when she hit retirement age and her place of work said "Thanks for everything, bye now" she offered to come in and work for free.

The family tried to get her to channel her energy in to voluntary work but she refused and just cleaned the house from top to bottom every single day instead.

However, I'm with you and think the competitive "Busiest Ever!" types on MN are all bullshitters.

I used to know an older couple where the wife did everything for her Husband and adult son who still lived at home. This increased when the husband had a spell of illness . She told me once how poorly she’d been over Christmas with the flu but had got out of bed to make Christmas dinner for the husband & son before going back to bed because she felt so unwell. I couldn’t believe that they were so selfish they let her do that

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
How do all these super busy MN’ers who don’t sit down all day have time to post so much drivel on MN?

Sofa, cuppa, tv for background noise and my phone is where I’m found if I’m at home and not working. Clean the house and do the washing on a Sunday when I finish work, that’s plenty 😂 Some days when I’ve got a day off after a week of nights I only get out of bed to pee, jump in the bath for a couple hours or answer the door to the takeaway guy 🤣 god MN would be horrified by me 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.