Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?
Old fred here, hope I've done it right!

Thank you @Yel! off to check them out now...

Reactions: 3
I'm convinced that the majority of them live in suburbia and new build estates as they have no idea of real life outside of their little charmed circle. They certainly don't know what rural life is like.

I had to get my chemo day moved because I couldn't get to the hospital on a Sunday to get my bloods taken as I live alone, can't drive yet after an operation, Patient Transport doesn't work on a weekend, the nearest bus stop is 3/4 mile away, buses are around every two hours on a Sunday, and I would have to take a further bus from the bus station to the hospital once I'd got to the nearest town - and then the same all the way back. Basically all day. I bet they wouldn't believe me.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does anyone know what the crack is with daisy may Cooper & a scrap on mumsnet?

Reactions: 1
I'm convinced that the majority of them live in suburbia and new build estates as they have no idea of real life outside of their little charmed circle. They certainly don't know what rural life is like.

I had to get my chemo day moved because I couldn't get to the hospital on a Sunday to get my bloods taken as I live alone, can't drive yet after an operation, Patient Transport doesn't work on a weekend, the nearest bus stop is 3/4 mile away, buses are around every two hours on a Sunday, and I would have to take a further bus from the bus station to the hospital once I'd got to the nearest town - and then the same all the way back. Basically all day. I bet they wouldn't believe me.
So very true! It's pretty obvious many who claim to be living in large houses in rural idle are living in their minds. For one thing cleaners aren't as plentiful, competitive top prep schools they humble brag about tend to be fewer and far between and they would know how to walk through a filed without being an intitled arse towards the farmer.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone know what the crack is with daisy may Cooper & a scrap on mumsnet?
No idea about a scrap but I know her new tv show is based on AIBU but she was basically slagging mumsnet off in the interviews promoting it so maybe to do with that?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is the trampoline one gone now? I couldn’t find it. Pity, I could be done with a laugh.
No, it's still there, last post was at 14.40 so it's on p2 in AIBU for me, on iPad.

I want to know does she bounce up He...ll...ooo, bounce bounce...you wouldn't get very much said really 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Such nonsense 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Mumsnet is so appalling it's comical.

Why anyone would post on there hoping for advice and support beats me.

I browsed a few threads briefly yesterday . I read a couple related to divorce and proposed settlements. Anyone asking for advice was piled on by the majority of posters calling them "grabby" and said that they were trying to take advantage of their husbands financially

I suspect that many of the posters are men venting their anger frustration at their own inadequacies.

I just read the first post in the trampoline thread- it's hilarious. The ingenious ways the overly friendly neighbour finds to see them- first a little step now a trampoline.😂

I love the bit where her husband says the bamboo will grow too high for her but yet the neighbour is easily reaching heights of 20 feet and no doubt with practice will go higher.😂

It feels like the neighbour is trolling her

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I was skimming the PTA lemon drizzle cake thread in Classics the other day - it was mentioned elsewhere and I don't think I ever read it properly at the time - and it was mad to see the contrast in 2013. If that was posted now you can bet it would be full of 'Can't believe anyone could get this worked up over cakes tbh, if this is your biggest problem I envy your life' and 'Are you 12, OP?' and 'Ironic that you think she's horrible when you're the one calling her a witch because she expressed an opinion' and other such hilarious and original responses. I know MN had other problems back in ye olden days, like the cliques (anyone remember the poster who claimed to keep a spreadsheet with notes on all the other users? :ROFLMAO:) and the stupid lickarse 'who's your favourite Mumsnetter?' threads, but at least then you could start a thread about something silly without it immediately turning into a competition to see who could be the most humourless twit with a tedious putdown.
Screenshot_20221012-172545_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9

They would probably tell you to walk to the hospital and to be grateful for the NHS!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They definitely all live on new build estates, whenever I pass by one on the train I give a little wave to them all, like the Queen would.

And instead of having woodcarved 'live laugh love' ornaments on their mantlepieces, they've got 'Be a judgy bleep'' instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
They would probably tell you to walk to the hospital and to be grateful for the NHS!
Actually no.

‘Grow up, put your big girl panties on and sort it’

About 99% of the replies I got.

We have two hospital cars for my county, so eight seats maximum. The criteria for it being free is very stringent (most IF they qualify pay 80% of their portion of the fare) they go between where they are needed so take hours and hours. If your appointment over runs then you get left (once that happened to me - overnight in Swansea bus station (during its decommissioning) IS the stuff of horror films believe me).

EDIT But according to MN I’d get my own car, for free, whenever I needed it, and they’d sit and wait as long as it took.

Can anyone remember when MN had AIBU being sponsored by angry birds and couldn’t understand why it upset people?! 😆

• Wow
Having said all this, the thread in "Style & Beauty" [sic] on warm clothes for this winter had a great tip about Turtle Doves recycled cashmere wrist warmers/fingerless gloves seconds being sold on eBay for £7.50 rather than £35... Bought!

• Heart
I had my first deliberate look at S&B this evening. It was all you lot promised and more.

You’ve reached a special level of saddo when you take a selfie of yourself wearing your crumpled jeans, jumper and slippers for a “what are you wearing today” thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I reckon it is a made up story by someone trying to get into the DM or by MNHQ for clicks/DM exposure.

If I was a member I’d do the same if I was extremely bored.

Reactions: 7
Been scrolling through the what are you wearing thread and couldn’t not screenshot these
5DF8BDCF-E2A2-402C-8FF5-A89A00C3E979.jpeg

How is she not MORTIFIED to post a pic of that filthy mirror??

2E7651B1-EEAA-44DD-A672-69546B07A307.jpeg

Can someone with better eyesight than me confirm that those are in fact dinosaurs on her skirt?

33D5EB48-E0E1-4DD1-90CD-DBEA8131BC85.jpeg

And if this doesn’t just scream fashion, I don’t know what does. . .

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.