Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the deal with the poster who appears to have a magic charity shop? I’m not sure I believe that she’s stumbling across all these amazing and expensive brands, all barely worn, for 2 quid at the chazzer.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The post about the nosey friend (in relation to finances) ... I think we all know of people like that. I think the OP should drop contact with that 'friend' in all honesty.

Reactions: 4
What’s the deal with the poster who appears to have a magic charity shop? I’m not sure I believe that she’s stumbling across all these amazing and expensive brands, all barely worn, for 2 quid at the chazzer.
The thing is, they all itemise where stuff came from ie. Mint Velvet, Me&em, Boden, Hobbs etc. High end brands but they still manage to look like bag ladies. It’s obviously quite a skill to make something expensive look like tit. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone follow the thread of the woman who’s husband is “gravely ill”? What a load of crap. I expect it started as a troll thread for a bored housewife but it’s turned in to a massive novel, has about 100 characters, a new drama every couple of weeks. Spurred on by the worlds most qualified member of staff the nhs has, olympicsrock, who is a surgeon and consultant in just about every speciality the human body has according to her posts all over mumsnet. I don’t understand why so many lap it up and don’t call her out.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does anyone follow the thread of the woman who’s husband is “gravely ill”? What a load of crap. I expect it started as a troll thread for a bored housewife but it’s turned in to a massive novel, has about 100 characters, a new drama every couple of weeks. Spurred on by the worlds most qualified member of staff the nhs has, olympicsrock, who is a surgeon and consultant in just about every speciality the human body has according to her posts all over mumsnet. I don’t understand why so many lap it up and don’t call her out.
Is that one still going?! I was following it , but it became so ridiculous!

Is that one still going?! I was following it , but it became so ridiculous!
Yep, updated last night to let her loyal fans know how bad her life is now. It’s still in my watched threads so whenever she posts I have a nose at what bullshit she’s come out with this time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
One thing that really gets me about Mumsnet is:

If you want to buy a puppy they will all pile on you and say its despicable, you should only ever rescue dogs (no consideration that 1. If we all only rescued dogs, they'd die out
2. Not everyone can rescue a TROUBLED dog who will most likely have behavioural issues)

However

They then have a whole PUPPY SURVIVAL thread!

Make it make sense
We've had rescue dogs. One was 17 months old and we were his third home. He clearly had some sort of behaviour problem. We had another rescue. He was hard work in the beginning. Hated any form of sudden noise. He didn't like Staffies either. He died earlier this year . Whilst the first months were hard, he did turn into a lovely dog.

• Heart
Yep, updated last night to let her loyal fans know how bad her life is now. It’s still in my watched threads so whenever she posts I have a nose at what bullshit she’s come out with this time 😂
Is it in aibu or chat?...going to have a nosy

Reactions: 2
One thing that really gets me about Mumsnet is:

If you want to buy a puppy they will all pile on you and say its despicable, you should only ever rescue dogs (no consideration that 1. If we all only rescued dogs, they'd die out
2. Not everyone can rescue a TROUBLED dog who will most likely have behavioural issues)

However

They then have a whole PUPPY SURVIVAL thread!

Make it make sense
1. No they wouldn't.
2. Not all rescues are TROUBLED with behaviour issues.

I abhor Mumsnet but the above is incorrect and used by people trying to justify why they spent £xxxxxx on a designer dog with its own health issues, as a result of excessive breeding.

Reactions: 12
That sounds a bit like Seafour, who used to have posts that were guided meditations for her “buslings”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
1. No they wouldn't.
2. Not all rescues are TROUBLED with behaviour issues.

I abhor Mumsnet but the above is incorrect and used by people trying to justify why they spent £xxxxxx on a designer dog with its own health issues, as a result of excessive breeding.
There are many many wonderful breeders who know and passionately love the breeds and who produce beautiful, carefully bred litters with no health issues. I hate the judgement about 'designer' breeds (hate that term too, though I have mixed feelings about some cross breeds). Without these people, so many ancient breeds would absolutely have died out by now (many actually have).

Reactions: 3
That sounds a bit like Seafour, who used to have posts that were guided meditations for her “buslings”
She was an epic bullshitter. Some truth in her stories I’m sure, but not much. I remember her once saying she’d had an op to remove skin cancer on her face and her children could hardly bear to look at her because she was so disfigured.

I also remember a poster who had several threads detailing her sudden inability to use her legs/incontinence. Apparently she’s been seen by various doctors, been checked for neurological issues etc but everything came back normal. So she’d post martyrish updates like “Oh well, guess this is my life now, I’ll just have to shuffle around the house, haul myself upstairs with my arms and piss myself the rest of my life” 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone remember her?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
She was an epic bullshitter. Some truth in her stories I’m sure, but not much. I remember her once saying she’d had an op to remove skin cancer on her face and her children could hardly bear to look at her because she was so disfigured.
Yes, and then she posted another pic some weeks or months later with no sign of disfigurement whatsoever! I know modern medicine can do a lot but if the surgery was as bad as she described it then she’d have scars for quite a while.

I think Seafour may have reinvented herself recently as the poster with an unspecified illness (possibly in Switzerland though I may have made that bit up!) whose doctors have told her she only had 4 months to live. From what I’ve seen of doctors who deal with life-limiting conditions, they go to great lengths to avoid specifying how long you have left.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone reading the Tiger Parenting thread? Another pile on. Wtf is wrong with them? lol. It's the same every time, someone seeks guidance and then they berate them for needing it.

Anyone reading the Tiger Parenting thread? Another pile on. Wtf is wrong with them? lol. It's the same every time, someone seeks guidance and then they berate them for needing it.
I’ve just gone for a look. A page in and I can’t read anymore. I hate it when a thread goes like that. It’s just attacks on all fronts - “grow up”, what’s the relevance of them being Chinese (seems fairly useful context to me actually!), and then questions implying things are made up. You just get the impression these posters are all feeling so big and so clever. It’s just mean.

On another site I post on we have an incorrigible oversharer. She is on about her fifth alias now as she keeps getting doxed because she can't shut the duck up about herself, her job, her husband's job and where they live.

She lost her job, her bleeping job, because she was spouting off about a topical political story that was in the news at the time. She worked for the government department involved and was blabbing all about the behind the scenes goings on despite everyone shouting at her to watch her words. Either she got doxed or a journalist or someone in the know got wind of it and she was moved to another department on a reduced pay grade.

Now, you would think this would cause anyone to take stock and perhaps consider being a bit more discreet but, well, a couple of months later she was back to tell us all about her sacking.

People like her should be banned from the internet for their own safety.
There’s one of them on here, I’ve had to stop following one of the main celeb threads I used to follow because of the constant hijacking by this poster about her various medical issues and abusive relationship history.

This person has apparently had multiple narcissistic exes who physically abused her and yet posts such identifying info about herself, I literally know her age, weight, height, shoe size, the specific areas she works in and can take a very good stab at where she lives and for which organisation she works, just based on her posts. And much more.

If you had that many dangerous people in your past, why would you put yourself at such risk, not to mention this is on a thread about a batshit celebrity who would absolutely dox people.

not going to name the thread as people like this need protecting from themselves

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yes, and then she posted another pic some weeks or months later with no sign of disfigurement whatsoever! I know modern medicine can do a lot but if the surgery was as bad as she described it then she’d have scars for quite a while.

I think Seafour may have reinvented herself recently as the poster with an unspecified illness (possibly in Switzerland though I may have made that bit up!) whose doctors have told her she only had 4 months to live. From what I’ve seen of doctors who deal with life-limiting conditions, they go to great lengths to avoid specifying how long you have left.
Yes, that's her.

She has reinvented herself a few times but that's her latest. She tried her hand at covid threads for a while and as usual was worse than anyone else, and being rushed into A&E or whatever, while merrily updating her buslings.
Well she didn't call them that because she was trying to pretend to be someone else. Single mother with a teenager or something like that.

She was called out on it, I think she had threads deleted but kept reappearing like a Jack in the box.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.