Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They like to believe they are but the reality is likely closer to Liz or Anne.
Nooo, Anne perhaps but Liz is too effortlessly cool and doesn't give enough of a tit to be a MN mum!

Had to laugh at this from the what are you wearing thread. The dog is thinking “clean the bloody mirror”.

View attachment 1755220
What the FUARRKKK is this outfit!!!

How come I never see anyone in real life dressed like the people on the what are you wearing today thread? Do they exist in some alternate reality where mirrors can only be dirty and all the interior decor must be as dated as can possibly be?

Reactions: 8
They’re all at it on the show me your bedroom thread. A few have obviously worked out how to use Google lens and can figure out who’s fibbing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Amazing bedrooms, all will be featured in January's edition of Country Living magazine I'm sure

large-ywOBiMH6wBficUTf8Ilh6Rd9H4metUPOQIh9ZBs6.jpg

large-iRQObGvSDlTgRkUg2OOGjlEJjTlDpaOGWU7Y8tGt.jpg

large-eZ7ardH0ngsvsh08q0nVsgJHRLzFW3GKzdXRgILq.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Oh my god I've caught a live one! The mad woman who is completely delusional strikes again! Is the Crumbs or something?

A quick Google lens search reveals that this mumsnetters photo of "her bedroom" is infact an advert for William Morris wallpaper. I'm so happy I've caught one in the wild.

Edit: apparently I'm late to the busted via Google lens party 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh my god I've caught a live one! The mad woman who is completely delusional strikes again! Is the Crumbs or something?

A quick Google lens search reveals that this mumsnetters photo of "her bedroom" is intact an advert for William Morris wallpaper. I'm so happy I've caught one in the wild.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that poster does follow up with another post saying... 'in my dreams'!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Are some posters joking or actually this sad? I tineyed pics from the first page (because they look professionally shot) and one is from rightmove and the other from an online shop selling William Morris wallpaper.

large-GRW1WAwz3kTSfrzYzWS1b73Lpg2aT167Zj7DmWWk.jpg

London 18.5m sold house

large-8brxJ6K157CZRiLguCc3vgW37MaIKrKMupVQi66R.jpg

Jane clayton's Morris and Co

EDIT.
@Crabbypatty00 beat me to it! Consider my bubble burst too ;) Hopefully the Rightmove one was a joke. It's telling that we're unsure though lol.

& found another. Nicked from here. https://homesfornh.com/get-good-vibes-by-applying-bohemian-style-to-your-bedroom/

large-Rve6NSO88lgMdbZwGtJRvgQ3k9AyLT6hv0hBdXvb.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There was a good (but very subtle) joke one which was apparently a room done by Boris and Carrie’s interior designer. Went over my head tbh 😆 weird thread.

• Haha
Yet another thread about the effects of lockdown on the mental health of kids. Not being funny but I work with kids, and while yes there are gaps in their learning that has to be down to school closures behaviour wise I don’t think much has changed. Kids behaviour and mental health has been slowly getting worse for years! I blame too much screen time and tit parenting for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I like the bohemian bedroom. It looks cosy and messy, a bit like my bedroom at Chateau Serena. The messy bit, anyway.

• Haha
Plenty of pit hair to swish if their personal hygiene is that lacking. Does this somehow link in to the collective Mumsnet "Being obsessed with cleanliness is SO working class" thing?
If anything that site skews towards competitive cleanliness, with people changing their sheets every day and bleaching their skirting boards thrice a week. So this one kind of surprised me.

Reactions: 2
Oh they'd really hate me if I posted, I actually do live in a quaint old cottage and do have William Morris fabrics...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yet another thread about the effects of lockdown on the mental health of kids. Not being funny but I work with kids, and while yes there are gaps in their learning that has to be down to school closures behaviour wise I don’t think much has changed. Kids behaviour and mental health has been slowly getting worse for years! I blame too much screen time and tit parenting for that.
I get jumped on for saying this on MN (and I home educate mine so I'm obviously biased), but I don't think that schools themselves are conducive to good mental health for a not insignificant number of children.

If anything that site skews towards competitive cleanliness, with people changing their sheets every day and bleaching their skirting boards thrice a week. So this one kind of surprised me.
I don't think I've dusted my skirting boards since we moved into this house in June 2021. They're just not in my frame of reference at all, I never think about them.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.