Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1752751

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?

She isn’t saying she’s destitute or too poor to eat (and therefore putting the heating on would be unthinkable) she’s just not putting the heating on because she’s scared she’ll get a £10k bill or something.

Just be sensible! Be a normal person and use the heating less than you would have last year. Nine degrees indoors FFS!
Does she live in a fridge at the North Pole? I am in a cold granite building and the worst we’ve had is 16. Surely hers and DH combined huge salaries can cover the bill, or has it all gone on private education and tutors?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why do people insist on the abbreviations DH, DW, DS, DD. For duck sake, if they’re your husband, wife, son or daughter, I think it’s clear you must like them quite a bit. You don’t need to prove your love for them by putting the abbreviation for darling in front of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Does she live in a fridge at the North Pole? I am in a cold granite building and the worst we’ve had is 16. Surely hers and DH combined huge salaries can cover the bill, or has it all gone on private education and tutors?
You another fit-liker? (If you know, you know 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Why do people insist on the abbreviations DH, DW, DS, DD. For duck sake, if they’re your husband, wife, son or daughter, I think it’s clear you must like them quite a bit. You don’t need to prove your love for them by putting the abbreviation for darling in front of it!
Especially when the D whoever is quite obviously anything other than darling.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There is thread where the womans husband is going to hooters and is devastated

Oh my, they are all extremely unhinged.

I mean I’m one of those prudes who would lose her tit at partner going to strip club etc but hooters really!??

Lots of ‘grim’ and ‘i couldn’t do OP’ and ‘dirty old man’

• Haha
Makes me laugh when they say DDog or once even DHorse

• Haha
Reactions: 24
There is thread where the womans husband is going to hooters and is devastated

Oh my, they are all extremely unhinged.

I mean I’m one of those prudes who would lose her tit at partner going to strip club etc but hooters really!??

Lots of ‘grim’ and ‘i couldn’t do OP’ and ‘dirty old man’
The chicken wings are actually really good at Hooters, I have to say.

Last time I went to one with my husband, a good few years back, definitely before these “enlightened” times, a bloke served us 🤣

• Haha
I don't think I've seen so many abbreviations on one website. Can understand it on twitter because of the character limit

Reactions: 4
Load of mingers on a thread saying they only wash their hair every 7 to 10 days. Sure it might not get greasy, but it's still dirty and it must surely smell?

(No, they don't have dreads, which would be understandable, and no I'm not calling dreads dirty!)

And of course someone has bragged about having 'swishy' hair. They're obsessed with swishy hair on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Load of mingers on a thread saying they only wash their hair every 7 to 10 days. Sure it might not get greasy, but it's still dirty and it must surely smell?

(No, they don't have dreads, which would be understandable.)
I am very sensitive to hair smells and can smell (and boak at) unwashed hair from a mile off. I’ve had to change seats at the cinema before due to someone having a stinky head….nobody else with me could smell it, so I know it’s me being sensitive 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I am very sensitive to hair smells and can smell (and boak at) unwashed hair from a mile off. I’ve had to change seats at the cinema before due to someone having a stinky head….nobody else with me could smell it, so I know it’s me being sensitive 🤣.
Maybe I am too. I also think hair absorbs smells, like food and smoke etc.

And I can't imagine not washing my hair after a sweaty workout 🤢

Reactions: 6
The chicken wings are actually really good at Hooters, I have to say.

Last time I went to one with my husband, a good few years back, definitely before these “enlightened” times, a bloke served us 🤣
I haven’t been but I have heard its really good! If I had one near me I would definitely go.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I am too. I also think hair absorbs smells, like food and smoke etc.

And I can't imagine not washing my hair after a sweaty workout 🤢
There was a woman at my old gym who used to use the hairdryer in the changing room to dry her sweaty head without washing it first. The smell was unbelievably bad. If I saw her coming in I’d race to get dressed and out before she got to the hairdryer 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I hate that and always have.

Best of all is when someone describing a family drama creates a ton of confusion because they don’t clarify whether DD means dad or daughter, or whether DS means son or sister.

Don’t get me started on DCat though. It uses more letters!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

(No, they don't have dreads, which would be understandable, and no I'm not calling dreads dirty!)

And of course someone has bragged about having 'swishy' hair. They're obsessed with swishy hair on there.
They also love a thread about pissing in the shower. There was a thread once about it with the majority saying it’s ok, and few saying it’s not. A well known poster who usually had everyone bigging her up (and whose name I can’t recall) came on and boasted that she wee’d in the bath…then continued sitting in it for another hour. She got piled on and I never saw her username again after that 🤣

I hate that and always have.

Best of all is when someone describing a family drama creates a ton of confusion because they don’t clarify whether DD means dad or daughter, or whether DS means son or sister.

Don’t get me started on DCat though. It uses more letters!
Or DF for either friend, fiancé or father. It adds to the confusion if they don’t specify which it is in a deliberately vague OP and you wonder why they’re shagging their dad. Or GP for either grandparent or doctor. Just bleeping type it all out, especially when the OP is 50 paragraphs long!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dh etc I can understand as it’s an abbreviation.

but Dhorse, Dpony, DAunt, DUncle, Dfish wtf. The point is to make it easier to type, not add letters and look ridiculous.

And yes, make it clear what your Abbv. Means at the start of the post!

The clean freaks that get me are the ensuite ones,“how grim having a toilet in your bedroom”. Then either ban their poor dh so it stays pristine, refuse to poo in it, or get rid in favour of a walk in closet.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember when an OP started a thread about her DH and after a few pages of confused posts it turned out she was talking about her Hamster

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.