Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or DF for either friend, fiancé or father. It adds to the confusion if they don’t specify which it is in a deliberately vague OP and you wonder why they’re shagging their dad. Or GP for either grandparent or doctor. Just bleeping type it all out, especially when the OP is 50 paragraphs long!
Yes! DF is the one that catches me out all the time. I always read it as father in the first instance and I get more and more wide eyed reading through a post until I realise they're talking about a fiancé 😲

Agree at the very least, people could easily write "father (DF)" on the first occasion and then DF thereafter, and same for the rest of the D characters.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Especially when the D whoever is quite obviously anything other than darling.
Exactly.

And sometimes it's so ridiculous 'my dd had her bff over and they had a row and the bff's ddad was annoyed and he brought along his ddog and the ddog bit my dd.'

I need to lie down in my dbed after writing that. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Exactly.

And sometimes it's so ridiculous 'my dd had her bff over and they had a row and the bff's ddad was annoyed and he brought along his ddog and the ddog bit my dd.'

I need to lie down in my dbed after writing that. 🤣
Or when they do ‘D’H to denote that they’re pissed off with him. It takes longer to put the quotation marks in than it does to just type husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Already mentioned I know but I used to wonder why they were annoyed with their doctor (GP) for not wanting to mind their children. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dh etc I can understand as it’s an abbreviation.

but Dhorse, Dpony, DAunt, DUncle, Dfish wtf. The point is to make it easier to type, not add letters and look ridiculous.

And yes, make it clear what your Abbv. Means at the start of the post!

The clean freaks that get me are the ensuite ones,“how grim having a toilet in your bedroom”. Then either ban their poor dh so it stays pristine, refuse to poo in it, or get rid in favour of a walk in closet.
So weird, do their en suites not have doors? Not like there’s just a crapper out there in the open, spraying poo particles on your smudged dressing table mirror with every flush.
Having an en-suite is no different to a bathroom anywhere else in the house..
I’d love one, my house is bloody freezing at night

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Load of mingers on a thread saying they only wash their hair every 7 to 10 days. Sure it might not get greasy, but it's still dirty and it must surely smell?

And of course someone has bragged about having 'swishy' hair. They're obsessed with swishy hair on there.
Plenty of pit hair to swish if their personal hygiene is that lacking. Does this somehow link in to the collective Mumsnet "Being obsessed with cleanliness is SO working class" thing?

Reactions: 4
Had to laugh at this from the what are you wearing thread. The dog is thinking “clean the bloody mirror”.

8ABAD3E1-2B60-4029-B4AC-C9EEE38B2E43.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.