Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
About the wrongly delivered thread. Are they sure they didn’t get pissed and bought the set themselves? Because that is what I do!

For a while I was convinced I had a secret admirer, because I kept receiving very specific things that I had my eye on. Only to realise it was just me getting wankered and buying all of the stuff myself 😂. I used to be like “Omg how did someone know I wanted a new bath mat set and a new set of mugs!?”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
I don’t know how this will go down on this thread, because the only Tattle threads I’ve posted on before have lots of other autistic/ADHD posters too, and we tend to get one another pretty well. But I just wanted to pop in to this thread and say what the f*** is Mumsnet’s deal with autism?

Autistic posters there get absolutely monstered when they post for advice after not understanding a social situation, or when they post wanting help to navigate an upcoming social situation - and even the “kind” sort of responses basically amount to “well have you just tried not being autistic, it’s awfully inconvenient to the rest of us?”.

There are often threads titled stuff like “is there any hope at all for my high functioning autistic child to have a decent life?” which blows my mind in 2022 … soooooo you’ve started this thread telling us your kid is acing their schooling, has a couple of high quality close friendships, has an intensive interest like engineering or something … and you’re wondering if they’ll have a decent life? Erm, yes, your kid can probably have a perfectly decent life, and possibly even a great one - as long as mum learns to accept her kid probably won’t really be a thriving social butterfly with 100 kids at their birthday party and a massive TikTok following or whatever. Support and love the kid you’ve got, don’t cause them distress and anxiety by trying to make them into a different kid.

There’s a long running series of threads where women post about their shitty husbands being shitty and abusive, but claim it’s all due to undiagnosed autism (and most of the time it’s like, er no love, he’s simply a horrible bastard, and you should leave him, instead of recruiting stereotypes about autism and armchair diagnosing him to excuse his abusive behaviour to you and the kids).

And the disability/carers benefit bashing on Mumsnet is just out of this world lately, as though these stuck up women are actually somehow jealous of the women who are mums and full time carers to their teenagers who will never even be able to talk never mind live independently.

Big love to the small handful of Mumsnet posters who do challenge the predominant narrative there. I see you and I’m grateful for you. I just don’t have it in me to join in; and tbh don’t even have it in me to visit Mumsnet much any more because of the constant drip of hate and othering for disability and autism specifically. MNHQ are dire on ableism/disableism.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
i also love how the usually the owner of the ugliest ones say how cheap their ring was and it doesn’t matter because its about what it symbolises, obviously you have to say that cause your ring is shit.

also for a bunch of people obsessed with looking ‘groomed and polished like the french’ who constantly shell out the clean short clear varnish rule, there are ALOT of tacky acrylic talons on these threads.
I’d rather not have a ring than have the archeological nightmare someone has managed to dig up and photograph that was shared here earlier. It’s not the cost that matters but if my boyfriend proposed with that I’d call the police because it looks like a serial killer has exhumed one of his victims to get that ring to propose like some kind of twisted criminal minds episode killer so he can see the trophy every day.

• Haha

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
My child is getting one hand crafted toy wrapped in old newspaper this year. I'll be spending the money I would normally spend on plastic tat and noisy things for him, on gin and chocolate for me. It's the only way to teach him the value of things. When I say handcrafted, I mean I'll buy something that looks vaguely handmade from the nursery school Christmas Fayre or the charity shop. Then I'll take a photo of it and post it on Mumsnet to shame everyone who has spent more than a fiver on their kids.

And people say I'm a bad mother :D :D :D
Oh, you are getting your child a present AND wrapping it. You’re that kind of mother. How lovely. Personally I wake the children on Christmas morning and we look at photos of poor and starving people, then I berate them for being so spoilt and we gather all the presents friends and family have bought them and take them to a homeless shelter. You do know you’re raising a brat don’t you? I feel sorry for his future wife who will be expected to pander to him like you do. I despair, I really do.

• Haha

pommobear

VIP Member
What a waste of beef mince. You can't cook a bolognese sauce or chilli without salt, pepper, garlic and onions at the bare minimum. Then again, I'm not a tiny size 6 - 8 who is absolutely stuffed after half an apple and a slice of cucumber.
Once saw someone on MN who posted proudly saying she was now a size 12 after losing 3 stone get told because of "vanity sizing" she was probably still a size 16, and size 12 was still "quite overweight" anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Anyone seen the thread of the OP in her 20’s living with her mother? Her mums asked her to be out of the house for 7 hours whilst her partner of 5 years comes over for date night because the OP has never met him and her mum isn’t comfortable with them meeting yet.

It’s the weirdest set up I’ve ever read and some posters are telling the OP since it’s not her house she should allow her mum privacy and go out for the day grab a McDonald’s and a flask and sit by the beach. For 7 HOURS!

• Haha
  • Wow

Becclo44

VIP Member
Anyone seen the post from the poster who is worried her husband is getting fat and that she (OP) ‘only eats in the evenings if it’s a special occasion’? 🤣💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Their mirrors are filthy. One of them keeps posting photos with a giant handprint on the mirror. They need to sack their cleaner
2EB5B888-D2EC-4AE9-8488-147C9FACBEA2.jpeg

None of them seem to be acquainted with an iron either. Their £100 Sezane jumpers (old) all look really wrinkly.

And this one arrived at the soft play by donkey going by the headwear.
67B2DE94-75BE-49CE-B1F5-7684B2BBA2FD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Especially when the D whoever is quite obviously anything other than darling.
Exactly.

And sometimes it's so ridiculous 'my dd had her bff over and they had a row and the bff's ddad was annoyed and he brought along his ddog and the ddog bit my dd.'

I need to lie down in my dbed after writing that. 🤣

• Haha

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
Hahaha this thread is a really good one

0E7113DD-7BFF-4006-BDD9-F7ECB38491C5.png

“If you think that it is worth the calories, fine.”

“Oh wow. I did not realise I could order two or more sandwich things. Always burger and fries and generally only when travelling. Ponders future visits...” (WTAF???)

“Ive no idea how you could even consume all that in one sitting! Sounds truly revolting. Did you not feel physically ill after?”

“Sometimes I will taste my food, think no I won’t enjoy that and bin it because it’s a waste of calories.
Dh thinks I’m mad.
But I know I can eat something nicer later on.”

“I think I’d vom after all that. Probably just form the salt.”

• Haha
  • Sad

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Peak Mumsnet food thread was reached last week when someone mention a salad “with all the trimmings”. That sounds like the most joyless Christmas dinner ever!

• Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
‘I’m absolutely petrified about what’s going to happen this winter. DH and I have a combined income of 60k and money is so tight right I’m wondering how we will be able to keep our heads above water? Im terrified that we will have to remove our DCs from their prep school and send them to the local primary instead, they might be bullied by children on pupil premium or they might catch nits. I’m trying to budget but with all the outgoings like school fees, the mortgage, the second mortgage we have for the holiday rental, the Tesla and the twice weekly food shop at Waitrose it’s hard to know how we will be able to stay afloat? I’m also worried about the proposed blackouts. Will I be able to use a generator to run my velvetiser?’

• Haha