Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm currently loving the unreasonable daughter in law whose mother in law expects her to come for Christmas. some right frothing from both sides! o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh god tell me about it. There was once a thread, I'm not really sure what the actual question was, but the OP was asking something about her chilli/bolognese recipe. Guess what the recipe was. Beef mince cooked with tinned tomatoes. That's it. No salt or herbs/spices, no veg.
My in laws don't have salt on chips. On CHIPS. A crime against humanity.

I'm very pro salt, I'd rather die a few years earlier than eat unseasoned food all my life thanks 😅

Competitive under eating MN threads are my favourite - you know, the whole "I ate half a lettuce leaf at 6am AIBU to think this is plenty until my cup of air at dinner time".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh god tell me about it. There was once a thread, I'm not really sure what the actual question was, but the OP was asking something about her chilli/bolognese recipe. Guess what the recipe was. Beef mince cooked with tinned tomatoes. That's it. No salt or herbs/spices, no veg.
What a waste of beef mince. You can't cook a bolognese sauce or chilli without salt, pepper, garlic and onions at the bare minimum. Then again, I'm not a tiny size 6 - 8 who is absolutely stuffed after half an apple and a slice of cucumber.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What a waste of beef mince. You can't cook a bolognese sauce or chilli without salt, pepper, garlic and onions at the bare minimum. Then again, I'm not a tiny size 6 - 8 who is absolutely stuffed after half an apple and a slice of cucumber.
Once saw someone on MN who posted proudly saying she was now a size 12 after losing 3 stone get told because of "vanity sizing" she was probably still a size 16, and size 12 was still "quite overweight" anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Once saw someone on MN who posted proudly saying she was now a size 12 after losing 3 stone get told because of "vanity sizing" she was probably still a size 16, and size 12 was still "quite overweight" anyway.
I mean that’s not funny, but it’s also hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I laughed more than I should have at this 🤣 but you’ve got to question the mentality of someone who takes pleasure in cutting people down so brutally. Mn must be the most bitter, twisted, batshit corner of the internet.

Reactions: 15
Yes, one should never brag about dress size on Mumsnet, because even a size 8 will be told that in some shops, that's really a size 12. And, as we all know, a size 12 is heading for morbid obesity, seatbelt extensions on aeroplanes and only allowed on certain rides in theme parks.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Then again, I'm not a tiny size 6 - 8 who is absolutely stuffed after half an apple and a slice of cucumber.
Hah!

I used to have a manager who was like that. She would ostentatiously nibble on on apple while criticising our lunchtime choices of a shop bought sandwich or cream donut. "Oh, I could never eat what you do. All those calories. God no." (Looks disdainfully at her partially nibbled apple and tosses it in the bin).

Come Friday and payday, she was off to M&S to buy all the ready meals and snack food she could carry.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That's right, my personal window is 12-8 because I'm not fussed about breakfast but others do other times.
I do 1pm - 9pm because I take my lunch break at work at 1.15pm, so that's my first meal. I'm not bothered about breakfast, I just drink gallons of fruit tea until lunch time. I find it really easy to do. It apparently resets your metabolism and I'm guessing, because most people work during the day, you can't eat non-stop for 8 hours, and it's difficult to eat a massive amount of food in that 8 hour window.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I only have lunch and dinner in my 8 hour window generally speaking. Maybe a snack or two!

Reactions: 3
On the personal hygiene threads there's always a debate about having a 'sink wash' with ardent supporters of it claiming how easy it is and they still get clean and save water.

Personally I could not be arsed to faff around trying to wash myself over the sink, dripping water everywhere and still not feeling refreshed. Just hop in the shower for a few mins ffs!!!
Urgh yes THIS! When my (one and only) bathroom got ripped out and then the builder disappeared, I bought myself a camping shower contraption to avoid the dreaded strip wash! I couldn't handle the drips everywhere.

Reactions: 3
Yes, one should never brag about dress size on Mumsnet, because even a size 8 will be told that in some shops, that's really a size 12. And, as we all know, a size 12 is heading for morbid obesity, seatbelt extensions on aeroplanes and only allowed on certain rides in theme parks.
I fit in to one of my daughter’s Superdry size 8 t-shirts (I tried it on out of curiosity last week after reading about some uproar about an influencer who wears young teen girls’ clothes). Was surprised at how nice it looked. I’m sure that would be problematic for some other reason on Mumsnet, particularly the brand.

Reactions: 2
Some of them are so proud of their kids who are really mediocre, they're completely deluded ''If my son lay in bed until ten, we'd be having talks. DD has a bit more get up and go, she's studying toenail painting at the University of Bolton. Do what I did and install some discipline''

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone read the thread where the OP 16 year old son, is only doing 5 hrs a week revision for his GCSE!? She is livid & wants him to do 5 hrs more than that. I have a son who will be doing GCSE next year. I wish he would do 5hrs!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What's the no BO gene? I've never heard of that. Is it do with sweating?

You're right though, Mumsnet would be falling over themselves to tell you that you must pong like a rancid boiled egg mixed with rotting spinach. A lot of the posters there have no concept that we are all individuals.
It's a genetic mutation that's mostly found in East Asian people, it stops your sweat smelling bad (and also gives you dry earwax).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.