Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Anasnake

VIP Member
Utterly batshit thread about getting a baby’s consent before changing a nappy, as otherwise it’s ‘dehumanising’

• Haha
Reactions: 18

henriettadubois2

VIP Member
Oversized trench coats have been v popular with young folks round here. Not sure that’s the same look MN are after though.

S&B is my FAVE! Never mention a designer item you will get slaughtered unless its a Mulberry bag 4th hand from 2002.

“i have a big birthday coming up/inheritance/lottery win and have an extra £20 to spoil myself with! I was thinking White Stuff/Fat Face SKINNIES?”

“Help! I need a flattering dress for a wedding, I’m a size 54”

Rings threads- yes!!! 10000 pics of tacky nail art, sausage hands and dull shite rings.

“Where can i buy groovy clothes for my 16 year old? “ HOW ABOUT LETTING THEM BUY THEIR OWN FFS!

maybe i was neglected but i swear every 16 -18 yr old on there can’t wipe their own backsides! Their parent has to pick alevels, universities and underwear for them!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Technobiff

Chatty Member
They are very keen to defend Holly Willoughby on there in light of the current media storm over ‘queue jump gate’, and the mob were getting really cross when some posters said she only got plumb presenting jobs because of who her husband is (it’s true!) I know that she’s rumoured to be Mumsnetter so maybe that’s why, but it’s totally at odds with everywhere else on the internet.
I don't understand anyone fawning over either her or Schofield.
Then again, anyone who goes round in cropped cords and stripey tops is running on low braincells anyway, so maybe that explains it.

• Haha
What kind of creep would you have to be to take that much notice of your neighbour’s comings and goings? That poster needs to find a better hobby.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There was a thread about Shein the other day which was predictably full of comments about how unethical and shit is. Not realising that for a lot of peoples it’s all they can afford. One of the suggestions instead was Lucy and Yak because it’s ‘ethical’ but it’s also bloody expansive and those dungarees are quite frankly fucking hideous. I don’t want to look like Meryl Streep in Mama Mia.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
To be a mumsnetter you must....

Live rurally in a 5 bed detached house ✅
Never ever vote Tory ✅
Be a vegetarian/ vegan ✅
Have no more than 2 kids ✅
Have attended an RG uni ✅
Aspire to send your kids to an RG uni ✅
Be married to an obedient wet lettuce ✅
Earn six figure salaries each ✅
Wear Boden or Toast ✅
Hate your mum in law ✅
Hate any form of social gathering ✅
Be screamed at by a stranger at least once in public ✅
Only holiday in the UK in a private let ✅
If you must holiday abroad, it must be in a private villa ✅
You and everyone you know must hold a driving licence ✅
You must never drink alcohol ✅
Have had at least one parking war with a neighbour ✅
Must know your neighbours mobile number, even if they're still moving their furniture in, so you can text them your grievance ✅

I'm sure there's plenty more.
Don’t forget:

Earn a six figure salary
Shop at Waitrose. Or if you live in the North, at Booths
Think all tradesmen are scum and treat them as such
Hate your neighbours, in laws and work colleagues
Own a velvetiser
Refer to your nether regions as a ‘vulva’
Think anyone who is above a size eight is morbidly obese
Use a mooncup
Dress like a medieval peasant (see Toast and Cos for example)
Sneer at people who buy clothes at Primark, Shein etc
When holidaying in the U.K only stay in a ’holiday cottage’. Never a static caravan god forbid!
Own an Ooni Pizza Oven
Need to ask Mumsnet for advice and ‘tips’ when shopping at Costco, Lidl of Aldi because it where the plebs usually go.

• Haha

Technobiff

Chatty Member
Someone has just posted on MN that covid will rampage through us all again due to the queen's funeral and all the crowds.
If it does, I will call it Qvid.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Serene Serena

VIP Member
But are they also suprised that you look so young, despite having two hollow-legged teenage children (both at private schools for the gifted) and the long hours you work at your job that pays a six-figure salary?
I am constantly mistaken for my son's younger sister even when making a global presentation to world leaders about my Very Important Job.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the thread today where the OP is saying she has a halfway house next door and it’s causing her problems? She is being ripped to shreds by sanctimonious pricks who also wouldn’t want that next door to them in reality.
I saw that as well. It reminds me of the threads where someone complains about travellers rocking up next to them and they accuse the O.P of racism in response. Unless they’ve lived in close proximity to these people they will have no idea of the anti social behaviour and mess they leave behind.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Some of the comments on there are disgraceful. It was the same when Philip died, many of them rang the BBC and even Ofcom to complain about the level of coverage. I’m not an ardent monarchist myself, but there is a time and place and it’s extremely disrespectful to whinge about your wedding potentially being on the same day as the funeral or sporting events being cancelled. Our head of state has fucking died! They talk about Tattle, but this is a much nicer, kinder place than it ever will be there.

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I agree that a certain amount of respect is due but the level of cancelling things is silly. During the football last night, for example, there were no ads, just a black screen. Are we not allowed ads because someone died (not that I like ads but you get my meaning). The football all weekend didn’t need to be cancelled either.

I’m sorry but she was 96 and while I respect her work ethic her existence has never made the slightest bit of difference to my life and the vast majority of everyone else’s. That’s just the truth.
All my children’s sporting events have been cancelled for this weekend. I despair, as if covid didn’t take away enough of health and well-being activities. Pretty sure the Queen would not have wanted this. People in my town are piling plastic wrapped flowers all over a makeshift shrine. Wouldn’t it be lovely if they used that money to visit an older person living alone or donated food?

I am struggling with the insanity of competitive mourning.

• Heart

ocpwra

I never understand how they claim everybody on tattle are total bitches but if you disagree with any of the posts on MNet then you get jumped on immediately. I feel far safer posting here than that site. And if your a tory voting brexit supporter then wow you and your kids all deserve to die v ery painfully.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
They’re at it again with their weight shaming and competitive under eating. Apparently a size 14 is overweight and most women who are a size 14 are obese. Yes really. In fact one poster has said she feels ‘chunky‘ at a size 10, others saying they know they are ‘starting to get fat‘ when the reach a size 12. It’s fucking awful. I used to be a size 14 before I started running and exercising regularly, I was heavier than I am now for sure but I don’t think I was fat. I’m 5’8. I was on the pill at the time and was having regular weight and BP checks at the doctors and was never once told I was fat or needed to loose weight. I’m now a twelve, could maybe squeeze into a ten at a push but really don’t want to, in fact I have to watch myself because my face can look really drawn and haggard if I loose too much weight. A size 12 is just right for me.

I worry so much about the impact they have on their daughters, they are stuck in this 1990’s/2000’s mentality where anything above a size 6 is too heavy. Personally Im so glad we’ve moved on from the days when the famine victim look was all the rage and women are allowed to have hips and bums etc.

• Wow

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I found this on the boundaries with visitors after birth View attachment 1518762
Fuck me, they’re all so self obsessed. It’s harsh, but nobody gives as much of a shit about your kids as you do, they’re just being polite. Visiting usually tails off after two weeks of the newborn stage anyway.

There’ll be a thread from that poster in about four years moaning that none of her family will babysit and they don’t take any interest in their precious child. And they won’t be able to see the connection.

Sglodion

Chatty Member
I remember when I was in uni, getting into an argument with someone who was claiming that life under the Tories in the UK was just as bad for her 'working class relatives' as life in Syria - this was around 2013 so in the height of the civil war when Assad had just been all over the news for attacking his own people with chemical weapons. (I wasn't being an arse by comparing people's financial situation to Syrian refugees or anything, we were discussing violent revolution so it was directly relevant.) Some of the posts about how the UK is 'literally becoming a third world country' from people who obviously aren't financially struggling themselves definitely have shades of that conversation.

My favourite was one horrified poster exclaiming that her affluent area of North London was alright but that she'd travelled through Birmingham and seen parts that were 'worse than Malaysia' - Malaysia, whose economy is the largest in South-East Asia? Which before covid ranked as more competitive than Australia and South Korea? Whose GDP per capita relative to the cost of living is only slightly below Portugal, higher than Greece, and 173% of the world average? Whose capital city looks like this?

1664050240509.png

I mean, what a stellar example of underdeveloped destitution - we're really sliding into global poverty in that case :rolleyes:

• Haha