Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like it when there's an age related thread, where everyone over 40 is supposed to give up because they can never eat more than 300 cals a day, EVER again, that you will have to exist on lettuce and 5000 factor sun cream because your face will become like parchment after meno. There's a really joyless, negative view of ageing that strikes me as harmful and bitter.
I don't know any women over 40 who have to live by such restrictive, depressing rules, and most of them look great.

The usual comment on such threads will be along the lines of "My slim, blonde best friend used sunbeds through her 20's, partied hard, enjoyed the odd take-away meal and smoked on occasion. Now though she is a wrinkled hag, with COPD and life limiting issues. Her chest looks like a wrinkled leathery sack, and her face has prematurely aged by 20 years"
I hope I don't have 'friends' like that! (that'll teach her for being gorgeous when young, eh!)
What envious, spiteful toads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Anyone read the 'brother in the Highlands kid free wedding' thread? kept me amused for hours on a very hot day :cool:

Reactions: 10
I like it when there's an age related thread, where everyone over 40 is supposed to give up because they can never eat more than 300 cals a day, EVER again, that you will have to exist on lettuce and 5000 factor sun cream because your face will become like parchment after meno. There's a really joyless, negative view of ageing that strikes me as harmful and bitter.
I don't know any women over 40 who have to live by such restrictive, depressing rules, and most of them look great.

The usual comment on such threads will be along the lines of "My slim, blonde best friend used sunbeds through her 20's, partied hard, enjoyed the odd take-away meal and smoked on occasion. Now though she is a wrinkled hag, with COPD and life limiting issues. Her chest looks like a wrinkled leathery sack, and her face has prematurely aged by 20 years"
I hope I don't have 'friends' like that! (that'll teach her for being gorgeous when young, eh!)
What envious, spiteful toads.
Ugh, it's the same observations time after time, all of them about 'punishing' women who've dared to enjoy themselves.

Reactions: 12
Has anyone read the book ‘the choice’ by Claire Wade? No spoilers but some of the characters in that book would definitely be mumsnetters in real life!

Reactions: 2
I'm new to this thread so not sure if this has been talked about before, but has anyone else been banned on there for ridiculous reasons?

I'm a long time poster on there, and I tried to start what I thought would be an interesting political-type discourse, because I thought it would garner some thought-provoking responses, but got banned 30 minutes later because some clowns reported my thread as "goady". I mean fair enough to delete the thread if they thought it was too controversial, but to ban my account with no warning is just annoying. Rant over lol.

Reactions: 23
I'm new to this thread so not sure if this has been talked about before, but has anyone else been banned on there for ridiculous reasons?

I'm a long time poster on there, and I tried to start what I thought would be an interesting political-type discourse, because I thought it would garner some thought-provoking responses, but got banned 30 minutes later because some clowns reported my thread as "goady". I mean fair enough to delete the thread if they thought it was too controversial, but to ban my account with no warning is just annoying. Rant over lol.
I got banned because I was racist, sexiest and goady.

Someone started (yet another) thread about Meghan Markle when her and Harry first started dating. Someone said why do the media ‘hate on her’ whenever she has an opinion about anything. And I said something like ‘well we can’t let women have opinions, where would we end up if we let women just discuss anything they chose to. It’s bad enough when married white women try and have their own minds but a divorcee who isn’t white? We have to put a stop to it’.

I unfortunately assumed the sarcasm was implied, but apparently mumsnet thought I was serious that women shouldn’t be allowed opinions and that I thought that it was even more important for any woman who wasn’t white to not be allowed to express their opinion. This is why I prefer tattle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Aaaaand another cost of living thread where everyone says they are lucky and privileged and let's face it ...full of tit.

I got banned because I was racist, sexiest and goady.

Someone started (yet another) thread about Meghan Markle when her and Harry first started dating. Someone said why do the media ‘hate on her’ whenever she has an opinion about anything. And I said something like ‘well we can’t let women have opinions, where would we end up if we let women just discuss anything they chose to. It’s bad enough when married white women try and have their own minds but a divorcee who isn’t white? We have to put a stop to it’.

I unfortunately assumed the sarcasm was implied, but apparently mumsnet thought I was serious that women shouldn’t be allowed opinions and that I thought that it was even more important for any woman who wasn’t white to not be allowed to express their opinion. This is why I prefer tattle!
I don't think they're terribly on the ball :(

Reactions: 11
Oh here we go again. Tattle is awful…
Problem is, some of it *is* awful! There’s a thread I follow where most of the comments are genuine criticism yet you get a fair few awful comments about looks and if you dare challenge these, you’re accused of either being the influencer in question or a super fan 😂 Unfortunately the few give the many a bad name!

Reactions: 22
"With absolute sincerity, if you don’t see a problem with what tattle is and what it does to people (even (especially!) in the name of unearthing some dark unsavoury “truth” about people with a public platform), you need long term, intensive therapy."
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You can't have a conversation about social media on MN. It's all "None of it's real" or "If you don't like it, don't look" * tinkly laugh *

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m surprised they’ve not taken it down yet as the thread isn’t in the spirit of MN ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Bit rich coming from them isn't it?

Admittedly, I only really venture into Advice and here and not noticed anything that nasty. Same can't be said for MN.

Reactions: 6
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: how long do we give it??

Welll that thread inspired me to look at the kf site - difficult to navigate but they seem to know their stuff esp in relation to Arche Battersbee

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

I joined MN in 2008 but got banned a few months ago on the back of a S&B thread where they were being vile to the OP, and taking the piss out of what she was wearing. I said something along the lines of they shouldn't be hating on her because she's not dressed like a frump in Boden and got bloody banned!

I have said far worse on there in the past, but it's done me a favour because I feel far more at home here than I ever did on MN.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Dont know if its just I choose the crazy threads but rare I read 1 on MN that doesnt have nasty comments.

They do seem to want everyone to be single though, 'my Husband forgot to put the bin out' LTB :LOL:

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.