Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Mines storage now I have the air "friar" 😜
Would you recommend? I am swithering over getting one as my oven is ancient and takes forever to heat, I’m thinking an air-fryer might save me some cash over the long term. I’ve been watching lots of YouTube videos but just can’t make that leap yet.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Anyone seen this thread?

AIBU things-have-changed-so-much-so-quickly

"You started having children at twenty, have four of them, and both you and your husband seem to be on relatively low wages, so it’s not really surprising if you need to think carefully about where the money goes, but cheaper cuts of meat and so on. If anything it’s surprising that you’ve lasted so long without feeling the pinch, so well done on the budgeting to have got so far."

"you're a year younger than me - do you remember the days of heating on an hour a day, hand me downs etc, or did you not have that?
"

"I'm sorry people are being such utter shits to you, OP. You don't need to defend yourself. It's just sometimes a thread goes this way. Don't be upset by it. "

Last edited:

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I love that, it’s exactly the sort of thing I would do… just to be petulant 😄 I didn’t realise you could search records after 2005 though (I have an Ancestry subscription): how did you search recent birth records? Just for future reference…
You can get birth and death certificates by going to this website (you need a login) https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp It’s for England and Wales only. The other nations have their own websites. When you get there, search for ‘Search the GRO Online Indexes’ in the options on the right hand side (on mobile phone). You can only search from 1837-1934 (for births, for deaths it’s until 1957) and again from 1984-2021 as they didn’t transcribe the ones in between. If you need those you go to ‘Place an Order’ instead of ‘Search the GRO Online Indexes’. Here you can apply for marriage certificates too.