Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Technobiff

Chatty Member
Why when they talk about hobbies, are they so secretive about them? There's a thread about someone wanting to move to Devon / Cornwall. But it means that her husband will have to travel 3.5 hours for his hobby. Is it really that obscure that a) they won't say what it is and b) he has to travel that far, instead of finding something local?
Well if it's cycling, he can cycle there and back. Problem solved 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Lolly666

Gosh Mumsnet is horrible! I do like really many of the interesting debates, and there are many excellent posters/points raised so I decided to post on a few threads and offer my thoughts. I was so careful to word them carefully and not say anything remotely offensive in any way. Yet, within minutes I got a load of snippy replies. Who are these rude/snappy people? Honestly, so many of them are just desperate to criticise others for no real reason. I've posted on Tattle loads and have never once been jumped on or told off. Not once!

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Oh but I thought you worked in a niche industry?
‘Niche industry’ has to be the new ‘hobby that’s outing’. I like to imagine the niche industry is covering those pound shop wine glasses in glitter like you see on FB, just for the lolz.

• Haha

PinkFigs

VIP Member
Everyone on there also has kids that are on the 98th centile for height but the minus-50th centile for weight. ‘Oh where can I possibly buy trousers for Jocasta? She’s sooooo tall but sooooo skinny’

• Haha

Technobiff

Chatty Member
They live rurally in a detached four bedroom house with their six figure earning husband and two children, a son who is a six foot two athlete who inhales food and a slim daughter who is very sensible. Both will attend an RG university.
Pets are never rabbits or mice or even fish, nope they're either cats or dogs, with the occasional horse thrown in.
Although horses clearly aren't pets unless it's Follyfoot ( a horse who lived in a house for the younger readers )
No one buys anything ever from Amazon due to their ' dodgy ' business practices, but will buy coffee from Starbucks and Costa etc ( who have equal dodgy practices, but we won't mention it )
Clearly, they must hate, nay, despise their mother in law who is obviously an old harridan that treats the poor mnetter terrible, even though the poor mnetter has done nothing to warrant this ' vile ' behaviour being meted out to her. Although, it is a basic agreement amongst other mnetters that they don't have a mother in law problem, rather a husband/ partner problem, because after all he should be defending the mother of his children against his own mother at all costs.
If he fails to do so, then the wronged wife should....
Pack his stuff into bin bags.
Change the locks.
Get her ducks in a row.
Make a 30 min free solicitor appointment where she will be advised that she can take half the house or more, plus his pension etc.
The kids will only be able to see their father as and when the mother says so and only on receipt of regular maintenance at a level which she finds suitable, something like 90% of his wage is sufficient.

Oh and all ex husband's fall into one of these categories...
Abusive.
Unfaithful.
Abusive and unfaithful.
Naturally, the divorce is always the husband's fault no matter what.

• Haha
  • Heart

Technobiff

Chatty Member
Not a sentence I thought I’d ever see on mn 😂

View attachment 1605837

Found on the “your fave unfeminist things” thread
Goes something like...
🎶 Here on Mumsnet
We're friends and foes
Getting paperwork together
And ducks in rows
I like to wear Boden
Cos I'm a rich bitch
You're just poor
And your scabies itch
I work in an office
For a six figure sum
You're just a cleaner
Cos you're a bit dumb 🎶

Or something.

• Haha
  • Heart

Technobiff

Chatty Member
To be a mumsnetter you must....

Live rurally in a 5 bed detached house ✅
Never ever vote Tory ✅
Be a vegetarian/ vegan ✅
Have no more than 2 kids ✅
Have attended an RG uni ✅
Aspire to send your kids to an RG uni ✅
Be married to an obedient wet lettuce ✅
Earn six figure salaries each ✅
Wear Boden or Toast ✅
Hate your mum in law ✅
Hate any form of social gathering ✅
Be screamed at by a stranger at least once in public ✅
Only holiday in the UK in a private let ✅
If you must holiday abroad, it must be in a private villa ✅
You and everyone you know must hold a driving licence ✅
You must never drink alcohol ✅
Have had at least one parking war with a neighbour ✅
Must know your neighbours mobile number, even if they're still moving their furniture in, so you can text them your grievance ✅

I'm sure there's plenty more.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
How do some of them have time to work if they're posting on MN all day?
They’re just so skinny and efficient they can zoom around in about 10 minutes and do 8 days work before the office fatties have even finished their morning coffee and croissant.

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the Chat thread "PTSD from Tinder ghosting", which it turns out is about women supposedly being sexually assaulted by ACTUAL ghosts they met on Tinder?
Ok, I’ll bite … How do ghosts even sign up to Tinder? Are they they ghosts of people who’ve signed up and then died? Do they not have anything better to do in the afterlife than going on a date with Denise, 35 (yeah right), Hemel Hempstead, twice divorced and looking to live, laugh and love? How does a ghost even swipe right? So many questions …

• Haha

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
🚨Someone just started a thread about fish and chips 🚨

So far we have ‘no one actually eats a large fish and chips though do they’ and ‘a regular portion of chips serves 2 or 3 hungry adults.

• Haha

nicalibres

VIP Member
Don’t forget:

Earn a six figure salary
Shop at Waitrose. Or if you live in the North, at Booths
Think all tradesmen are scum and treat them as such
Hate your neighbours, in laws and work colleagues
Own a velvetiser
Refer to your nether regions as a ‘vulva’
Think anyone who is above a size eight is morbidly obese
Use a mooncup
Dress like a medieval peasant (see Toast and Cos for example)
Sneer at people who buy clothes at Primark, Shein etc
When holidaying in the U.K only stay in a ’holiday cottage’. Never a static caravan god forbid!
Own an Ooni Pizza Oven
Need to ask Mumsnet for advice and ‘tips’ when shopping at Costco, Lidl of Aldi because it where the plebs usually go.
Love MASSIVE salads and considers them to be a family meal
Uses the phrase “poor form”
Hates birthdays and wouldn’t care if their husband didn’t get them a gift
Hates weddings and in fact had the smallest, most intimate day ever; held in their garden shed wearing a dress from oxfam that cost £2.50, a MASSIVE salad for the evening meal and the guests said it was the best wedding they’d ever been to

Last edited:
  • Haha

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
This might sound callous and controversial but I have never remotely cared about the death of Diana. Sad for her family and her sons of course but I was 8 and I didn't know her. My best friend said her mum came in to wake her up and cry together? So weird.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Here's another man bashing thread.
Now, I don't know about you lot, but I've never even given it a thought or a care who drives, but according to MN it's all about control or something 🤷
Control? 😂
Nah mate, it's more I prefer to sit in the passenger seat munching on M&M's and watching life go by than drive myself.