Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I'm new to this thread so not sure if this has been talked about before, but has anyone else been banned on there for ridiculous reasons?

I'm a long time poster on there, and I tried to start what I thought would be an interesting political-type discourse, because I thought it would garner some thought-provoking responses, but got banned 30 minutes later because some clowns reported my thread as "goady". I mean fair enough to delete the thread if they thought it was too controversial, but to ban my account with no warning is just annoying. Rant over lol.
I got banned because I was racist, sexiest and goady.

Someone started (yet another) thread about Meghan Markle when her and Harry first started dating. Someone said why do the media ‘hate on her’ whenever she has an opinion about anything. And I said something like ‘well we can’t let women have opinions, where would we end up if we let women just discuss anything they chose to. It’s bad enough when married white women try and have their own minds but a divorcee who isn’t white? We have to put a stop to it’.

I unfortunately assumed the sarcasm was implied, but apparently mumsnet thought I was serious that women shouldn’t be allowed opinions and that I thought that it was even more important for any woman who wasn’t white to not be allowed to express their opinion. This is why I prefer tattle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

melonpane

I like it when there's an age related thread, where everyone over 40 is supposed to give up because they can never eat more than 300 cals a day, EVER again, that you will have to exist on lettuce and 5000 factor sun cream because your face will become like parchment after meno. There's a really joyless, negative view of ageing that strikes me as harmful and bitter.
I don't know any women over 40 who have to live by such restrictive, depressing rules, and most of them look great.

The usual comment on such threads will be along the lines of "My slim, blonde best friend used sunbeds through her 20's, partied hard, enjoyed the odd take-away meal and smoked on occasion. Now though she is a wrinkled hag, with COPD and life limiting issues. Her chest looks like a wrinkled leathery sack, and her face has prematurely aged by 20 years"
I hope I don't have 'friends' like that! (that'll teach her for being gorgeous when young, eh!)
What envious, spiteful toads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I’ve mentioned it before but I bought many, many “statement necklaces” in a clearance sale for £1 each. I listed them for £10 at least each then mentioned on a MN thread I’d done a search on eBay and found loads of great ones from a seller. Mine were all snapped up in a couple of days…I presumed by MNers.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
"This is mine. Family heirloom, DH is the eldest of the two, so he inherited it. Bit of a pain to do the washing in, but ok for work (can't specify as it's outing)."

Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 11.39.16.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Thread about someone who had a visit from the neighbour. Basically their son is 13 and having crying tantrums and screaming while playing Fortnite and the neighbour has complained about the noise.

this comment is 👨‍🍳 💋

1660900483849.png

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I’m convinced the high earners on Mumsnet are secretly skint, and are living an online fantasy life, with their 5 bedroom houses, Saskia and Milo, their gifted and talented children, a chocolate Labrador called Hugo, an immaculate designer clad size 8 figure, and a devastatingly handsome husband who is a famous actor but they can’t say who he is because it’s outing, obviously 🙄

In the real world they work in an outbound call centre for commission only, weigh 23st and last had a boyfriend in 1999.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

maytoseptember

VIP Member
They always defend recreational drug use on there. It’s really bizarre. In the past there have been threads from posters horrified at friends and neighbours doing cocaine around their kids, and they’ll respond saying it’s no different to drinking alcohol around them. Cocaine makes me people act like total idiots and I’d not want to be around anyone that had taken it, and I’d really harshly judge someone who took whilst caring for their child.
I’ve mentioned this before and it’s never not shocking - the cocaine support threads on MN were a HUGE eye opener for me. All they did was reminisce about weekends on cocaine and how much they missed it. Except they’d never actually been off it for long and most weekends there would be a poster confessing that “DH has just called our dealer so we’re off the wagon, LOL!” and everyone else would post “Enjoy!” and “I’m so jealous!” Next day poster would be back on a massive comedown moaning about having to take their kid to a birthday party.

Y’know, the sort of behaviour that would have people calling social services if they were working class.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
If you’ve ever been sat in A&E in severe pain and wondering why its taking hours to be seen, then it’s because of complete and utter twats like this! WTF does the stupid bitch expect the staff in A&E to do? They can’t do anything other than refer them on somewhere else, but even that is taking up space that should be for someone, in this instance a baby or child who could be potentially seriously ill.

View attachment 1508962
I totally understand that desperation and unless you have a severely disabled child with no support, you wouldn’t understand. This mother is clearly struggling, there is no support for her and the child is self harming. She is not a ‘stupid bitch’ either.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I giggle at the incredibly youthful looking Mumsnet posters who are mistaken for teenagers whilst being mid 40s. Yeah, right…

I also find myself smiling when I read about these high earners with their 5 bed detached houses in North London, fabulous cars, exotic holidays and 3 small children, yet there they are, on Mumsnet 24/7 bragging about their middle to upper class lifestyle. Wishful thinking, they really live in a smelly bedsit with a feral cat and work the evening shift in Bargain Booze.

The snobbery on there is appalling.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I'm so young looking I get mistaken for my child's younger sister :D :D :D
Yeah right.
When I put up selfies on Facebook so many people comment ‘omg a scan! Are you pregnant!?’ But it’s just me with my youthful foetusey looks. And I don’t even use moisturiser! *walks away tinkily laughing all the way*

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
The period following Diana’s death was weird, creepy and on reflection down right embarrassing for us as a nation. Large swathes of the public behaved in a way similar to the way people in North Korea do when one of their ‘Glorious Leaders’ snuffs if. Wailing in the streets about a woman they’d probably never even ffs. I’ve yet to see a psychiatrist try and explain WTF that was all about.
Whenever I think that Prince Harry is a bit annoying, I then remember that terrible farce of a funeral where he and Willliam were made to walk behind their mother’s coffin whilst complete strangers wailed and screamed their mother’s name. God only knows what kind of damage that did to those two kids.

nicalibres

VIP Member
Their husbands all have the same hobby (cycling) but they can’t say what it is, as outing - think running but with wheels

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It was me who started the parking diagrams. It was a joke post about 5/6 years or maybe more ago. Someone new started a parking thread and I was first post saying Mumsnet rules were diagrams had to be posted with parking threads. Two minutes later there was a diagram. It was absolutely a joke on my part and the rest is history.

I’ve not posted on there for years but I’m happy with my legacy 🤣 🚙 🚘

• Haha
Reactions: 27