Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I'm getting very tired of nearly every thead there at the moment talking about the cost of living crisis, and posters having to drop in that "of course they are higher earners and financially ok". Most of the time when these threads are discussing money tips it just isn't relevant in the slightest. Why are they all so desperate for people to know they aren't personally poor?
Absolutely.
It reminds me a bit of threads during lockdowns, the mention of being 'key workers' when it was totally irrelevant to the thread. Just had to be shoehorned in. And they probably weren't anyway.

'I as a key worker went to the fridge for a bottle of water. DH also a key worker asked if I would bring him one as well. I said no as we are both key workers. AIBU?
Also as a key worker - does anyone have a recipe for xyz? Does this outfit suit me, and how old do I look? I'm a key worker as is DH'...

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The period following Diana’s death was weird, creepy and on reflection down right embarrassing for us as a nation. Large swathes of the public behaved in a way similar to the way people in North Korea do when one of their ‘Glorious Leaders’ snuffs if. Wailing in the streets about a woman they’d probably never even ffs. I’ve yet to see a psychiatrist try and explain WTF that was all about.

Reactions: 25

Sglodion

Chatty Member
There was an AIBU thread earlier about how some MNers seem to be enjoying the energy crisis in the same way some of them enjoyed the lockdowns, and it's been zapped as not in the spirit. I'm really annoyed because I totally agreed with the OP and was glad someone else thought so too. For a site where everyone's 'DHs' supposedly earn six figures, there's an awful lot of wailing about how their families will be spending the winter rationing spoonfuls of oatmeal while gathered round a single tealight, and while I know some of them really are struggling due to circumstances I can't help but feel others are loving the idea of living out some romanticised Little House on the Prarie fantasy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

PinkFigs

VIP Member
The mad babymoon / baby boundaries mob are exactly the ones who are always crying that the grandparents don't care, visit or babysit and that the don't have any friends anymore and don't know where it all went wrong.

They honestly act like some mad, disconnected from reality uber celebrity whose myriad of fans are almost clamouring at the door to catch sight of the newborn deity.

I have limited sympathy.
someone on my FB friends list had a baby a few years ago and posted a photo saying along the lines of ‘this is the baby, born last night. To protect our privacy we are not yet revealing the sex or the name of the baby’ 😂. This is someone who a) is not famous and b) has about 200 FB friends that actually couldn’t give a fuck and only congratulated her out of politeness.

It was a girl btw, can’t even remember what they called her but something mundane and boring

• Haha
  • Wow

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Mumsnet the TV show
It hasn’t really got much to do with MN, apart from one of the characters posts an AIBU a couple of times about their husband, but of course MN are trying to claim it. I’ve watched it and it’s actually really good, tbf. I said on the DMC thread that’s someone’s posted that they’re watching it and does DMC think that everyone on MN is middle class with a cleaner.

728B621E-BBC9-40CC-9C0D-93047C402308.jpeg

Of course SHE’S middle class with a cleaner, because they never fail to take the chance to let anyone know, but it can’t be many other people?! Can it?!!!!

• Haha

Technobiff

Chatty Member
Only on Mumsnet can you suspect your husband of having a sordid affair, then within five minutes of posting your suspicions you've also..
Found evidence to confirm it
Confronted him and he's confessed.
You've packed his bags.
Changed the locks.
Made your appointment for 30 mins free advice.
All in between giving updates every five minutes, ending with the poster thanking mnetters for their words of wisdom, which usually consist of gettng all paperwork and bank statements together and leaving the bastard.

• Haha

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
Tallness and thinness. Anyone over a size eight is morbidly obese in their world, in fact even a size eight is pushing it and tippjng the scales. No wonder so many of their ‘DH’s’ leave them and have affairs. Must be like having it off with a bag of bones.
I’m 5ft 11 and I feel quite chubby at a size 8, I prefer to be less lardy and stay a size 4. But the bonus is I can always fit into my designer clothes which I buy because I’m so rich. Word of advice though, I’m 47 but I look 15 so sometimes the designer shop staff don’t take me seriously thinking I can’t afford the clothes, so make sure you dress well to shop in them (think French women) then they know you can afford the clothes and you get excellent service.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Is she being serious?????

I’ll be holding an all night vigil singing candle in the wind and sobbing.
I really hope it’s a wind up. I mean why the hell would you?😂

Anyway i‘m going to head down to Kensington Palace with a bunch of flowers to scream ‘I love you Diana!!!’ at the top of my lungs whilst intermittently ranting that the press murdered her.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There is a thread on there at the moment from a woman who’s twelve year old daughter was knocked over and has been quite badly injured. She’s understandably angry and is asking if she should go for some kind of compensation. Some of the comments in response are vile and are making her out to be a lying money grabber, some are even insinuating that it was the daughters fault for ‘not looking where she was going’, this is despite the police and witnesses saying otherwise. They are just so unspeakably horrible at times, and have a real cheek slagging off Tattle when I’ve never seen that kind of behaviour on here.

• Sad
  • Wow

ColdCottage

I'm new to this thread so not sure if this has been talked about before, but has anyone else been banned on there for ridiculous reasons?

I'm a long time poster on there, and I tried to start what I thought would be an interesting political-type discourse, because I thought it would garner some thought-provoking responses, but got banned 30 minutes later because some clowns reported my thread as "goady". I mean fair enough to delete the thread if they thought it was too controversial, but to ban my account with no warning is just annoying. Rant over lol.

Reactions: 23

OtherMoon

VIP Member
Every time I read MN I'm left astounded by their complete lack of ability to read the damn room!
On a sad thread, a poster has just been told her husband has 6 months to live max and some idiot goes for a medal in the grief Olympics telling the OP how she only had 24h notice her husband was dying and some people only get a policeman's knock at the door. And another poster telling her to focus on 'making memories' 😩
The poor man died that night.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Someone on mumsnet actually dined with the Queen at Balmoral on Sunday and apparently she was in fine form.

Why do I feel cynical about this? Not her maj being in fine form, but a poster on mumsnet having dinner with the old girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 22