Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does indeed. I can see why she feels so daunted and as though it's impossible but honestly, what's to stay for? As a PP said, it was miserable even before this.

I feel horrible saying it but I think a lot of women use their children as an excuse for staying when the real reason is that they're scared or don't want to lose the lifestyle. It isn't quite so bad until the kids are really suffering, possibly because the father is abusive or because the situation is just intolerable, and they're being forced to live with it by parents who insist that it's a selfless act for those suffering kids' benefit.

Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen the thread called To tell DD the truth about her future MIL?

What a load of soap opera bollocks. Long story short, her daughter’s future MIL was a disgusting school bully responsible for the suicide of a girl at the school they all attended.

I believed it until this part:

IMG_0398.jpeg

You still donate to the charity do you? Must be a charity with 20-30 years standing, I wonder what it’s called? And your parents still have her parents over on the anniversary of her death? Do they aye? 👀

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen the thread called To tell DD the truth about her future MIL?

What a load of soap opera bollocks. Long story short, her daughter’s future MIL was a disgusting school bully responsible for the suicide of a girl at the school they all attended.

I believed it until this part:

View attachment 2935231

You still donate to the charity do you? Must be a charity with 20-30 years standing, I wonder what it’s called? And your parents still have her parents over on the anniversary of her death? Do they aye? 👀
Yeah it's bollocks...she's slipped up on the inquest. She claims there wasn't one, which would not happen for a suspected suicide in England or Wales, and now claims she isn't in those countries. But even in Scotland it would be unusual for there to be no investigation into a suicide; even though it's not an automatic process as in England or Wales, in practice it would be very unusual circumstances for COPFS not to carry one out, especially of a teenage girl who has been horribly bullied. She's admitted that she thought inquests were only for "high profile" deaths (wtf, why would that be the criterion??) and that she's only started researching it now people are on to her. She doesn't understand what "unexplained" means in the context of an inquest. It doesn't mean a total mystery!

Screenshot_20240514-163940_Samsung Internet.jpg

We're not only supposed to believe the stuff about the anniversary meetings every year, we are also supposed to believe that MIL laughed her way through the memorial assembly and wasn't expelled even after getting another pupil drunk, stripping her naked and leaving her in a park overnight (and no action was taken about this crime?) And no inquest into a scenario involving this in the lead up to the death.

I'd tell MNHQ but I don't think they'd care!

bleeping sick troll.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Yeah it's bollocks...she's slipped up on the inquest. She claims there wasn't one, which would not happen for a suspected suicide in England or Wales,

She doesn't understand what "unexplained" means in the context of an inquest. It doesn't mean a total mystery!

bleeping sick troll.
I didn’t even get past the OP, so I’m glad she’s shown herself up further.

What an idiot 😂

And yes, sick.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Boots says replace your pants every year. I have pants older than my marriage.
I've had some premium bonds for years and years and a few months ago, I finally actually won a few hundred quid. I chucked out all my underwear and bought entirely new stuff from M&S. Turns out I'm a D cup, not a C, which didn't make sense because I always thought I had little tits. But it turns out they were just saggy from years of breastfeeding my hollow-legged children. Once I gather up all the sag and scoop them into a D cup, they look fantastic. Who knew? I felt like a brand new woman, I tell you.

Also, my DH has a DPhD. To be fair, it's in a sort of medical-ish scientific area, so he could probably hold his own in a plane emergency if it was to do with virus proteins. He uses the title Dr all the time - it makes such a difference if you drop it into the convo when you're dealing with cunty utilities bill call centres.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's almost funny watching her do the "yeah, not in England or Wales SO THAT'S WHY" thing as people cotton on, followed by "am frantically Googling inquests now!" (yeah, I bet you are!) Almost funny, because the subject matter is so serious and tragic. Can't she just make up a parking drama or something?
---
Also...a teenage girl driven to her death by bullies who ply her with alcohol, strip her and leave her naked in public overnight, and the bully isn't expelled from school and there seems to be no action through the crime system? That's a national outrage, all the press will be on that even if they can't identify the culprits. It may have happened a while ago but the reports will be archived and people will remember it!

More holes than a cheese grater.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Good to see someone's moderation duty coincided with their turn to have the collective brain cell. "Some doubts..."
Screenshot_20240514-172507_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is that the MIL one? I mean really posting in MN there’s a good chance you’ll end up in the DM and wouldn’t that have been a good way to strength the in-law relationship.
Yeah, the MIL hounded a girl to her death at school troll. Troll wasn't funny at all but watching it scrabbling around because it hadn't done even a small amount of research into its ridiculous story...

Probably not banned though.

Reactions: 8
A SLT never being called upon at theatre? Does this mean my time might also never come?

I’d be walking through JFK laden down with duty-free and wearing 4 different perfumes when a call would come over the tannoy “We have an emergency in ATC, is there anyone out there who can debug code?”. I’d solemnly push aside my Taco Bell, nod to the manager and make my way to the control tower. Everyone would clap (they really would - watch any US film, they’ll all clap if someone farts) and once again planes would land safely. Ish.
Genius is rarely appreciated in one's lifetime, @50degreesnorth .

Just a cross we have to bear.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Love a bit of lets let all the old people die so we can have a library chat first thing in the morning :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t answer the door unless at a specific time. Actual Mumsnet post who received her food delivery 2 hours early because the driver was opposite her house. How very dare he!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh ffs they’re on form the day 🤦🏻‍♀️
1 batshit Mumsnutter wondering if she should phone police cos a random squeezed her baby’s cheek and she’s worried about kidnap (the random wasn’t white for extra racism disguised as ‘cultural differences’)
2nd batshit one querying turning away asda delivery cos he was 2 hours early as had delivery across the road and she was in her dressing gown
3rd one having a hairy canary over what to say to a smoker friend with cats (smelly house, cat on worktop) who wants to invite the Dnutter and her DP for a meal at the house
🤣🤣🤣🤣 absolute melts the lot of them!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh ffs they’re on form the day 🤦🏻‍♀️
1 batshit Mumsnutter wondering if she should phone police cos a random squeezed her baby’s cheek and she’s worried about kidnap (woman wasn’t white for extra racism disguised as ‘cultural differences’)
2nd batshit one querying turning away asda delivery cos he was 2 hours early as had delivery across the road and she was in her dressing gown
3rd one having a hairy canary over what to say to a smoker friend with cats (smelly house, cat on worktop) who wants to invite the Dnutter and her DP for a meal at the house
🤣🤣🤣🤣 absolute melts the lot of them!
Surely the answer is to call the police for all three. I call the police at least 10 times a day, so far I’ve called them 5 times;

Binnen were about 25 minutes later than usual, I had to check they weren’t dead

Dog barking outside, can it be given an asbo (anti social barking order)

Husband drank all the lemonade, trying to get an injunction against him to stop him doing similar

My friend didn’t reply to my WhatsApp for over 30 minutes, she could’ve been dead or trapped under a bookshelf or something

Two people were mowing their lawns at the same time creating a racket, can’t they schedule these things

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.