Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get the shopping issue. I use online shopping (I’m outing myself, but it’s the one that starts with an O because I am frightfully middle class) and if they’re early they always ring me to let me know, and I’m sure I’d have the option to say no if it wasn't convenient. I’ve used Sainsbury’s recently and I’m sure they call too.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How does she know that? Has he told her?
She said he usually puts everything from the trays apart from alcohol in bags for her and leaves it in the porch. She said he won’t touch the alcohol for religious reasons. When he was 2 hours early he did unpack it out of the boxes for her. I think she was insisting his beliefs go out of the window when he’s in a rush but that was just my interpretation. Then he left the porch door blowing in the wind…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She said he usually puts everything from the trays apart from alcohol in bags for her and leaves it in the porch. She said he won’t touch the alcohol for religious reasons. When he was 2 hours early he did pick unpack it out of the boxes for her. I think she was insisting his beliefs go out of the window when he’s in a rush but that was just my interpretation. Then he left the porch door blowing in the wind…
That’s down to cultural differences surely. He probably comes from one of those countries who don’t have porches or doors and was temporarily flummoxed by Western technology.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m just suprised someone’s not commented that she appears to have a drink problem not a delivery driver problem.

• Haha
I’m cooking dinner for around 30 a night because it’s lambing and everyone else has got a kitchen full of bottle-fed lambs and I think some people smoke. After sobbing and shaking for a day or two, I realised the only sensible thing to do was to cook for everyone in a 10 mile radius so they don’t have to use their own kitchens.

I also spent some time weeping for the bottle-fed lambs. Don’t their mothers know breast is best? Why did they even bother having them if they were going to just going to rely on the bottle? 😔

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
The thing I find most insane about the delivery driver thread is how many people are replying to say how awful it is and how she should of course never open the door before her allotted time slot! Lunatics the lot of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The porch door my friend
is blowin in the wind
The porch door is blowin in the wind.

Knob Dylan.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
There have been so many threads on Mumsnet over the years similar to ‘I am mortified I was breastfeeding and someone knocked on the door and I put the baby down and opened the door with my boobs out’ so I’m sure toast is really the least of what the driver sees on a daily basis 😂
I genuinely once opened the door with my tiny son latched contentedly onto my (then) enormous mammary gland, to find a random vicar* standing on the doorstep looking for my new next-door-neighbour who had volunteered to do something or other in the church (I fund this out later).

I've never had my tits out for the delivery men, though.

*He coped very well, as it happened. I was impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I genuinely once opened the door with my tiny son latched contentedly onto my (then) enormous mammary gland, to find a random vicar* standing on the doorstep looking for my new next-door-neighbour who had volunteered to do something or other in the church (I fund this out later).

😂 See! So next time the vicar knocks on someone’s door and they’re eating toast it won’t even register 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Well maybe you should start. It might give them an incentive to get your stuff there on time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm definitely too common for Mumsnet, or is this thread tongue in cheek?

"naming-a-sister-for-fleur-and-rafferty"

• Haha
Well maybe you should start. It might give them an incentive to get your stuff there on time.
It might have done 30 years ago.

A pair of drooping 36A's isn't going to "bring all the boys to the yard" these days.

I'm rather a strange creature myself - when I get a delivery, I choose the time based on the cheapest delivery cost. I'm always thrilled if they arrive early and I've got a £3 delivery for a quid!

Once the driver also handed me a bag containing 4 boxes of strawberry cornettos. I said "These aren't mine - I didn't order ice cream". He looked at the label (my name was on it) and checked my receipt (cornettos weren't on it) and said "Well, they're yours now, pet. Your name's on the bag."

Apparently he couldn't give them to anyone else if they weren't labelled for them, even if it was the last delivery on the van and the buyer could prove she'd ordered them and that they weren't included with the rest of the shop.

I shamelessly accepted 24 free cornettos - it made up a little for all of the times they'd cocked MY delivery up - but I admit I did feel very sorry for whatever children's party they were possibly intended for.

Only time I've ever clicked on any shop, ever.

• Heart
It might have done 30 years ago.

A pair of drooping 36A's isn't going to "bring all the boys to the yard" these days.

I'm rather a strange creature myself - when I get a delivery, I choose the time based on the cheapest delivery cost. I'm always thrilled if they arrive early and I've got a £3 delivery for a quid!

Once the driver also handed me a bag containing 4 boxes of strawberry cornettos. I said "These aren't mine - I didn't order ice cream". He looked at the label (my name was on it) and checked my receipt (cornettos weren't on it) and said "Well, they're yours now, pet. Your name's on the bag."

Apparently he couldn't give them to anyone else if they weren't labelled for them, even if it was the last delivery on the van and the buyer could prove she'd ordered them and that they weren't included with the rest of the shop.

I shamelessly accepted 24 free cornettos - it made up a little for all of the times they'd cocked MY delivery up - but I admit I did feel very sorry for whatever children's party they were possibly intended for.

Only time I've ever clicked on any shop, ever.
Have you had a Mumsnet bra intervention because you’re probably a 28HH.

Also if you eat ice cream you’ll take up to 20 years off your life span and very probably fall into a diabetic coma.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Have you had a Mumsnet bra intervention because you’re probably a 28HH.

Also if you eat ice cream you’ll take up to 20 years off your life span and very probably fall into a diabetic coma.
The ice cream thing explains much. It's probably why I haven't moved form the settee for the last two hours.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.