Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always imagine a large chunk of MNs at work sitting in a polyester pencil skirt and short-sleeved tie neck combo, pursing their lips at anyone who doesn’t fit in, and eating diet yoghurt at their desks for lunch. Something like Victoria Wood and Julie Walters reading their horoscopes to each other, if anyone else remembers that wonderful sketch.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
A friend is married to a (now retired) consultant paediatrician. He's always a bit worried about being called on at an emergency though he's really well informed on nappy rash.
Yeah same for my brother, he’s in an NICU so not many of those emergencies on flights!

Reactions: 6
So you're known as vile nasty bastards all over then. Not really a flex but crack on I guess

IMG_2878.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Talking of thongs , who remembers the fad of bejewelled g strings at the back where you would have the diamanté on show if you bent over . I have a feeling I was over 30 and should have known better but I had a butterfly one to show I was a with it mum !
Now I’m 56 and it’s Rosie from M and S knickers for me . Not quite in my full briefs era like me mum is !

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Talking of thongs , who remembers the fad of bejewelled g strings at the back where you would have the diamanté on show if you bent over . I have a feeling I was over 30 and should have known better but I had a butterfly one to show I was a with it mum !
Now I’m 56 and it’s Rosie from M and S knickers for me . Not quite in my full briefs era like me mum is !
Whale tails!
Some of the girls in my office had those on display at work. Not nice.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
10/10 to the pregnancy anxiety troll. I’m banned from Mumsnet but I have to agree that the woman who thinks that metal shards she may or may not have eaten (she doesn’t know) will travel across the placenta and hurt her baby needs to cop on to herself
Kid will come out like a bleeping voodoo doll 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes I was 21 working in a bar all the other girls had them on display we all had lower back tattoos too . My favourite were my glittery butterfly thongs we called it our bum bling 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I know a lot of people post on there about really weird things when they've got major anxiety about minor things when they are new parents. But some of them go so far the other way it's insane, asking for advice on things that are so bleeping obvious. Someone has posted asking what to do - her 19 month old daughter had a seizure on Saturday and went to hospital. Today child's nursery have called to say said child has mottled skin, a rash and is floppy and OP is wondering whether to take her to the GP or the hospital. I mean really🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
So you're known as vile nasty bastards all over then. Not really a flex but crack on I guess

View attachment 2934624
Until you're banned or suspended, how do you even know you've pissed them off? From what I gather, they don't communicate about it or warn you, they just do it? I've had the odd deletion, usually for troll hunting (and usually on threads that were subsequently deleted because GUESS WHAT) but they've never contacted me about it.
---
Whale tails!
Some of the girls in my office had those on display at work. Not nice.
Gotta say I don't think it's office appropriate. Other than that...young women wear silly fashion they'll cringe about in years to come, sky subsequently falls in...

Reactions: 7
I had one of those. Gave myself a full Hollywood , arse crack and all. 😔 Thankfully I’d have been about 15 vodka shots down by the end of the night - but really? What was I expecting to achieve?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The lady who is pissed off with her selfish husband using the bathroom when her daughter needs it...half the responses are bossily explaining you should NEVER clean your teeth after eating. FFS

• Haha
Just popping on to boast confirm I renew my underwear at least annually. :cool:

This is due solely to my ever-increasing bulk rather than following any medical advice.

• Haha
A poster’s 16yo has been denied leave from their 8 hour contract weekly job to go on holiday.
One MNetter has replied to warn them that if they quit, as others have advised, this would leave a gap in their CV
🤣🤣🤣🤣
A few have said just leave the 16 year old at home. 16 is obviously the new 18 now where MNers basically don’t like their kids anymore and they can either pay £800 board a month or move out because they’re no longer their problem.

• Haha
The lady who is pissed off with her selfish husband using the bathroom when her daughter needs it...half the responses are bossily explaining you should NEVER clean your teeth after eating. FFS
Her husband is a massive twit, I've just read the thread.

Reactions: 1
I remember wearing one of those diamanté thongs to school feeling just about as sexy and confident as a 14 year old goth kid can feel, only to have the fucker ping itself into pieces halfway through the day 😩

• Haha
I know a lot of people post on there about really weird things when they've got major anxiety about minor things when they are new parents. But some of them go so far the other way it's insane, asking for advice on things that are so bleeping obvious. Someone has posted asking what to do - her 19 month old daughter had a seizure on Saturday and went to hospital. Today child's nursery have called to say said child has mottled skin, a rash and is floppy and OP is wondering whether to take her to the GP or the hospital. I mean really🤦‍♀️
I'm surprised that the nursery hasn't taken the baby to A&E themselves, or called and ambulance. They could have a meningitis epidemic on their hands.

• Sad
I'm surprised that the nursery hasn't taken the baby to A&E themselves, or called and ambulance. They could have a meningitis epidemic on their hands.
Well exactly! Wouldn't they call 999 first and call the parent next? One of the 1st things you learn to watch out for when you become a parent is meningitis and you know it is time critical.
Smells like a troll to me.

I’m about to start a PhD and I absolutely will be using my title at work, if I’m committing 6 years of my life to it I’m going to at least add it to my email signature. I won’t be offering any emergency assistance on a plane though, unless the emergency is someone having a baby.

There’s a thread running today of a woman whose husband had a years long affair, resulting in a baby, and she’s decided to take him back but can’t shake how miserable she feels. No tit hun, if my husband did that he would be my ex husband before his new baby learned to sit up. Jesus.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There’s a thread running today of a woman whose husband had a years long affair, resulting in a baby, and she’s decided to take him back but can’t shake how miserable she feels. No tit hun, if my husband did that he would be my ex husband before his new baby learned to sit up. Jesus.
I read that earlier. To be honest the secret baby was just the icing on the cake for me- their whole relationship sounded miserable even before it got to that point. I hope she finds the strength to leave him and make a new life for herself.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.