Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know exactly who you are!
tit please don’t tell my best friends boyfriends cousin or “A” as I called her that “B” told “C” about her husbands affair with “As” nanny and “B” was delivering ironing to “C” because she’s totally skint and can’t afford to feed her children (her ex”D”) on the one day she answered the door and saw it all…. Please?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A response on a thread for someone asking whether it’s normal for boobs to hurt when running. Because of course most people would go through surgery and opt to remove something they probably like for the sake of being able to go for a run

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
tit please don’t tell my best friends boyfriends cousin or “A” as I called her that “B” told “C” about her husbands affair with “As” nanny and “B” was delivering ironing to “C” because she’s totally skint and can’t afford to feed her children (her ex”D”) on the one day she answered the door and saw it all…. Please?

Don’t worry I am too scared to go out my front door, I only communicate with passive aggressive notes and texts and I am scared of A as she has a hot tub and has a BBQ in her garden during the summer.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A response on a thread for someone asking whether it’s normal for boobs to hurt when running. Because of course most people would go through surgery and opt to remove something they probably like for the sake of being able to go for a run
She just needs a good sports bra, I wear an enell bra, not cheap but its like a corset and straps you down so you can run without fear of injuring yourself or passing pedestrians.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For a place with so many teeny tinies, they sure have some large breasts. on that recent fake thread where the boyfriend invited people to the house who were not wearing “comfies” and the girlfriend of the friend had the audacity to be wearing a low-cut top, a whole slew of replies “I’m a G/H/K/L cup, but…”. I don’t think anyone was smaller than an F. I’m at an airport right now and looking around this departure area, even in Size Walmart Land, I don’t see anyone with such large breasts. I think they are mythical as the 6’4 husbands. But most of them have always had a casual relationship with the truth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
You called 🥕
Will you please stop making a fool of me? 😡

I can manage very well on my own, thank you very much!

<flounces away from keyboard>

<trips over cat>

<drops op[en bag of Malteasers>

<pack of spaniels scoffs the lot before they hit the ground>

duck! 😫

• Haha
For a place with so many teeny tinies, they sure have some large breasts. on that recent fake thread where the boyfriend invited people to the house who were not wearing “comfies” and the girlfriend of the friend had the audacity to be wearing a low-cut top, a whole slew of replies “I’m a G/H/K/L cup, but…”. I don’t think anyone was smaller than an F. I’m at an airport right now and looking around this departure area, even in Size Walmart Land, I don’t see anyone with such large breasts. I think they are mythical as the 6’4 husbands. But most of them have always had a casual relationship with the truth.
Oh that one was such a crock of shite. I think OP disappeared after she shared the fake text message and literally nobody believed it after that.

Real HHs do exist, though. The cup sizes can sound dramatic but they often aren't as startling in reality as you might think, especially if the back is narrow.

Reactions: 5
Most of my friends have recalibrated their bra size in the new way of measuring and now have huge cup sizes. Even I have a C cup now and I was once told by an M&S bra fitter that my breasts were too small to feature on their sizing chart.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm a size 12-14, 34HH. It sounds massive and it isn't small, but it's not as jaw dropping as you might think.

Reactions: 6
I’ve got huge norks but they are a total bloody nuisance. No bra is supportive enough without looking matronly. I even had a boob reduction in one last year as radiotherapy shrank the other one but I’m still a bloody HH cup 😫 and gravity is not kind

• Heart
I’m a 40E because I’m a fat bastard but I do not skimp on sports bra spending because I’m in the gym 5 days a week. I paid £120 for a sports bra from Prima Donna which replaced the previous one which only failed after 3 years because the under wiring gave way.

The other day, I watched a woman running and her tits were literally nearly hitting her chin. I wanted so badly to stop her and ask her to buy a deent sports bra.

Most of my friends have recalibrated their bra size in the new way of measuring and now have huge cup sizes. Even I have a C cup now and I was once told by an M&S bra fitter that my breasts were too small to feature on their sizing chart.
Yes, I think that bras are the one thing that really have succumbed to vanity sizing! I was always a C cup and without actually changing in size I now have to buy an F.

Reactions: 2
Sizing must be different in the UK. I’m a DD and that’s seen as massive here. I went to the optician last week for new glasses and I couldn’t get my chin onto the rest of the thing you look through because my chest was too large. The optician moved it to the furthest setting and then sighed and she said “I don’t know what else to do. This wasn’t designed for someone with such large breasts”. And we both joked it was obviously designed by a man.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mee tooo except it was Bhs. I was gutted !

Sizing must be different in the UK. I’m a DD and that’s seen as massive here. I went to the optician last week for new glasses and I couldn’t get my chin onto the rest of the thing you look through because my chest was too large. The optician moved it to the furthest setting and then sighed and she said “I don’t know what else to do. This wasn’t designed for someone with such large breasts”. And we both joked it was obviously designed by a man.
Something similar happened when I was having a shoulder (I think) scan. The clinician wanted me to get closer to the scan plate and I just couldn’t. He was getting quite irate and eventually I said ‘I can’t, my tits are in the way’. It ended up in me doing some weird version of limbo, with most of my body under the machine.

What pissed me off was that it wasn’t my fault but he sure tried to make it my fault.

Yes, it was 2am, I was tired maybe he was too. But one of use was being paid to be there and do a job and it wasn’t me…

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
You’d think with all the size walmarts in the US that bra sizes would extend upwards - but I remember going to Lane Bryant (US Evans) and being shocked that the largest size was a DDD or something. If there’s one thing MN does do right, then it’s a bra intervention.

Perhaps if I’d worn a 34F in my yoof instead of a 42C, my knockers wouldn’t currently been knocking on my navel.

*autocarrot said my knickers were knocking on my navel. This is also true. Big pants are where it’s at - that was another stupid thing about yoof - g-strings ffs. These days unless they’re big enough to sail a galleon laden with Spanish gold across the Atlantic, I’m oot.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Have you seen the one about the OPs husband crying on the sofa in his ‘house coat’ because his lifestyle forum has been shut down?

Is she married to Jolyon Maugham? She may have thought "kimono" was too outing. Did she mention any fox-related hobbies? 🤔

EDIT because bastarding autocarrot changed "Jolson" to "Jolson". Probably want to cash in on

from an earlier post
In the West of Scotland “house coat” means dressing gown, and it’s a -gasp- working class term. My gran would say house coat. OP better be careful she’s not chased off the site with pitchforks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
PHDs are easy and you shouldn’t call yourself Dr just because you have one.
🙄

AIBU - use of ‘Dr’ title - is this normal?!
1000 replies

Cheesecake45 · Yesterday 18:54
Just not sure if I need to get with the times or not - is it normal to go by the title ‘Dr’ simply for having a PhD, if you aren’t in the medical profession? I’m talking one of the easiest PhDs to get (comparatively speaking), nothing vaguely linked to medicine.

AIBU??
YES = this is totally normal get over yourself
NO = wouldn’t be caught dead calling myself a doctor unless I could be assistance in a medical emergency!

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.