Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One surprising thing about Mumsnet is all the threads/posts about them not wanting men there because you’d think the weird way they all seem to write would come in handy when they need to write their weird messages to people about trivial topics in an overly formal way. Such as this man:

Amidst the COVID lockdown, I found myself among the many who lost their jobs, particularly challenging in the competitive realm of commercial law. Determined to bounce back, I reached out to my former university lecturer for guidance. Graciously, she leveraged her network, securing me an interview at a prestigious multinational bank, complete with an attractive salary and enticing perks.

After thorough deliberation, we mutually concluded that seizing this opportunity was the best course of action. Reflecting on my decision, I realise that had I remained stagnant, I might have remained unemployed. Yet, thanks to her assistance, I not only secured employment but also within a renowned company, an outcome I doubt I could have achieved in the current area I was residing in.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Did you see the one about how it's so cheap for them because they are capable of watching a film without snacking or drinking themselves into diabetes. Did a such a giant eye roll I pulled a muscle.

We rarely go to the cinema now, maybe 3 times a year cos a) the films are tit, but mainly b) if I can't afford 30 quids worth of all the delicious salt and sugar they sell what is the point?. Just watch a film at home, telly's are big now.
But surely big tvs are for the poors, how else can the average raging bleep otherwise known as a mumsnetter know who to look down on?
---
One surprising thing about Mumsnet is all the threads/posts about them not wanting men there because you’d think the weird way they all seem to write would come in handy when they need to write their weird messages to people about trivial topics in an overly formal way. Such as this man:

Amidst the COVID lockdown, I found myself among the many who lost their jobs, particularly challenging in the competitive realm of commercial law. Determined to bounce back, I reached out to my former university lecturer for guidance. Graciously, she leveraged her network, securing me an interview at a prestigious multinational bank, complete with an attractive salary and enticing perks.

After thorough deliberation, we mutually concluded that seizing this opportunity was the best course of action. Reflecting on my decision, I realise that had I remained stagnant, I might have remained unemployed. Yet, thanks to her assistance, I not only secured employment but also within a renowned company, an outcome I doubt I could have achieved in the current area I was residing in.
Thats a lot of words to say she asked for help getting a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone seen the weird thread about how poster friend/bridesmaid couldn't come to her wedding due to having a newborn? It's all the shaking and crying, and weeping that is so OTT for a grown adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the weird thread about how poster friend/bridesmaid couldn't come to her wedding due to having a newborn? It's all the shaking and crying, and weeping that is so OTT for a grown adult.
They seem to be excessively upset about things for such long periods of time. Her friend was a dick and that is upsetting but there should come a point where you ‘get over’ it and think well, she is clearly a horrible person or mentally unwell to have behaved like that and I’m done with it, message her back to say she doesn’t want to meet her and move on with her life. There’s no need to be constantly upset to the point of shaking for years on end, obsessing over why her friend behaved like that, obsessing over her now wanting to meet and starting a Mumsnet thread about it.

Reactions: 7
*This reminded me of the numerous "Everyone thinks I'm in my 20s when I'm really 96" threads:*

Similar happened to me today except it was someone asking if I was over 75 because "the doctors" is doing some sort of thing of women over 75.

NO I'M BLOODY NOT! 😡

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad

Tch. If you're going to be deliberately verbose and shoot for "I'm better educated than what youse are, ner ner" then at least check your grammar before posting. Last sentence should end "I doubt I could have achieved in the area in which I then resided."

Edit: Also does not read like a man's writing.

• Haha
Ahh my first suspension. I’m so proud.
Apparently calling an obvious troll a troll is wrong 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
*This reminded me of the numerous "Everyone thinks I'm in my 20s when I'm really 96" threads:*

Similar happened to me today except it was someone asking if I was over 75 because "the doctors" is doing some sort of thing of women over 75.

NO I'M BLOODY NOT! 😡
Haha similar happened to me once, I was in the queue for the flu jab at my GP and an old fella came up to me and said "please don't take this the wrong way, but I really can't believe you're over 65"! 🤣No mate I have asthma, but I was about 30 at the time, so no matter how rough I was looking there is no way he thought I was old! (I suspect he was trying to get me kicked out but in a really polite way!)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Someone is dying to insert herself into a family's business about whether a not madly close friend is adopted or not.
Several people told her to butt out but she got very huffy and didn't want to read any advice not to. It was on quite flimsy evidence, from dissimilar heights and a sentence from the mother, who has dementia.
However, I think (didn't read it all through) that she prodded a parent to disclose and is now hanging around waiting for the outcome.
It's none of my business either, but made me feel quite cross.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Ahh my first suspension. I’m so proud.
Apparently calling an obvious troll a troll is wrong 😂
They seem to be having a crackdown on that. There was that person who showed a vegan what was what and then everybody clapped, and the thread was full of people pointing out it was clearly bollocks. MNHQ came in, said it couldn't be a troll because the poster had been trolling, I mean posting, for years and if that didn't prove they weren't a troll then what could etc etc. But they then said they'd given a lot of posters suspensions for doing it, so I think it's something they've decided to start actioning.

The racism is still fine, though.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
There is a thread going about the cinema, is it a treat or an every day thing. Naturally most posts are about the costs but then this little gem has popped up.
The whole history of the wonderful art form that is cinema summed up as "2 hours staring at screens" bleeping Philistines.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Have you seen the one about the OPs husband crying on the sofa in his ‘house coat’ because his lifestyle forum has been shut down? 😂

the OP has responded she’d be upset if tattle got shut down but she’d get over it…. So random 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Have you seen the one about the OPs husband crying on the sofa in his ‘house coat’ because his lifestyle forum has been shut down? 😂

the OP has responded she’d be upset if tattle got shut down but she’d get over it…. So random 😂

Have you seen the one about the OPs husband crying on the sofa in his ‘house coat’ because his lifestyle forum has been shut down?

Is she married to Jolyon Maugham? She may have thought "kimono" was too outing. Did she mention any fox-related hobbies? 🤔

EDIT because bastarding autocarrot changed "Jolson" to "Jolson". Probably want to cash in on
from an earlier post

• Haha
Have you seen the one about the OPs husband crying on the sofa in his ‘house coat’ because his lifestyle forum has been shut down?

Is she married to Jolyon Maugham? She may have thought "kimono" was too outing. Did she mention any fox-related hobbies? 🤔

EDIT because bastarding autocarrot changed "Jolson" to "Jolson". Probably want to cash in on

from an earlier post
Autocarrot 😂

• Haha
I

I thought it was a tattler tbh.

Reactions: 2
They seem to be having a crackdown on that. There was that person who showed a vegan what was what and then everybody clapped, and the thread was full of people pointing out it was clearly bollocks. MNHQ came in, said it couldn't be a troll because the poster had been trolling, I mean posting, for years and if that didn't prove they weren't a troll then what could etc etc. But they then said they'd given a lot of posters suspensions for doing it, so I think it's something they've decided to start actioning.

But it’s the double standards, again. They claimed recently in a post on someone’s thread that if they spot a person posting things that don’t add up, they will ban for being a troll. I think the example given was in one post saying you live in this place with that many children but in another saying you live in another place with a different number of children. But at the same time when people do that and someone points it out, they say “well people change certain details to avoid identification”. But things like where you live and how many children you have could alter the validity of the advice given. From what I understand as an outsider, laws in Scotland differ from England and Wales. Certain benefits differ depending on how many children you have. I don’t care if people want to claim that they are size negative-Japanese, earn 7 figures, have the most gift children on the planet, I’ll laugh along with everyone else. But when people are asking for advice on money, parenting, work, etc which is what the site was supposed to be designed for, don’t waste my time with claims that alter the facts and outcome.

But it’s the double standards, again. They claimed recently in a post on someone’s thread that if they spot a person posting things that don’t add up, they will ban for being a troll. I think the example given was in one post saying you live in this place with that many children but in another saying you live in another place with a different number of children. But at the same time when people do that and someone points it out, they say “well people change certain details to avoid identification”. But things like where you live and how many children you have could alter the validity of the advice given. From what I understand as an outsider, laws in Scotland differ from England and Wales. Certain benefits differ depending on how many children you have. I don’t care if people want to claim that they are size negative-Japanese, earn 7 figures, have the most gift children on the planet, I’ll laugh along with everyone else. But when people are asking for advice on money, parenting, work, etc which is what the site was supposed to be designed for, don’t waste my time with claims that alter the facts and outcome.
But if I say I live in England and have 2 boys that would be outing….

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.