Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone give me a brief rundown of the allotment threads.
I only read a bit because I couldn’t believe how boring it was. Basically the OP bought a house from an older lady and had no idea it came with a garage that was full of her neighbours tit and an allotment/ piece of land. When they went to look at the allotment there was a woman sat in it. Woman doesn’t want to leave and all sorts of bat shittery ensued.

we moved a few years ago and the conveyancing process was crazy. I honestly can’t see how it didn’t show on the land registry and they didn’t check it out before completion.

Reactions: 11
I only read a bit because I couldn’t believe how boring it was. Basically the OP bought a house from an older lady and had no idea it came with a garage that was full of her neighbours tit and an allotment/ piece of land. When they went to look at the allotment there was a woman sat in it. Woman doesn’t want to leave and all sorts of bat shittery ensued.

we moved a few years ago and the conveyancing process was crazy. I honestly can’t see how it didn’t show on the land registry and they didn’t check it out before completion.
I also lost interest after the first couple of pages.

But all that I can say is - it's lucky they don't keep guns in the house. 🙄

Reactions: 2

Thanks. How the duck has it got to 4 threads. I'm guessing the fangirls have given everyone names and have cast actors for the film?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There is a thread in chat called 'I need help with my weight' where OP describes her life and it is so clear she has an eating disorder. She weighs herself daily, skips meals if she eats a cake and says she feels and looks enormous now that she's 9st3. I thought people would be supportive and try to gently give her some help and advice but then you've got replies like this normalising it even more

I’m like this. I weigh myself everyday and if I’ve put a pound on I try to adjust what I eat. I’m currently 8 stone but I’m short. The way I see it, it’s much better to be slim than overweight (I exercise too) so my monitoring of it is fine. I’m not dangerously underweight and it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I'm probably taller (5 ft 7) but was 9 stone 2 the day I got married at 22, and 34 years later was recently horrified to discover I am now 9 stone 5....and it feels wrong and upsets me, and yes I weigh myself nearly every day.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I actually feel sorry for Barbara. Imagine putting all that effort in for 10 years for someone MNer to come along and say off you go. It’s not like she was in her actual garden. I know legally it’s there’s and they have every right to claim it but a bit of sympathy wouldn’t go a miss rather than taking the piss out of her on MN.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thanks. How the duck has it got to 4 threads. I'm guessing the fangirls have given everyone names and have cast actors for the film?
How they fall for this nonsense over and over again is bizarre. They must be severely lacking in their own imaginations if they find it so hilariously entertaining. Even a free kindle download is better than these saga threads with a bunch of imaginary characters and a never ending cycle of unbelievable events.

I suppose they enjoy feeling part of something, being in a clique of like minded people.

Reactions: 8
This is a proper first world problem mumsnet style dilemma
View attachment 2926191
I GUARANTEE the boy will be nonplussed and shrug. OP will be back to cry and wail about the amount of money they’ve spent on him, and the thread will descend into:

1. Slagging off the OP for spending all that money on flights when most people can’t afford a pleather tote from Primark

2. Demands that the OP kick out the grateful little tit of a STEP son as soon as he turns 18, and…

3. Dark insinuations about the OP being a wicked stepmother and was she the cause of her husband’s marriage break up?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I GUARANTEE the boy will be nonplussed and shrug. OP will be back to cry and wail about the amount of money they’ve spent on him, and the thread will descend into:

1. Slagging off the OP for spending all that money on flights when most people can’t afford a pleather tote from Primark

2. Demands that the OP kick out the grateful little tit of a STEP son as soon as he turns 18, and…

3. Dark insinuations about the OP being a wicked stepmother and was she the cause of her husband’s marriage break up?
Or 4. OP it’s only a business class flight what did you expect from him? YOU chose that not him. Don’t expect him to be thrilled about the choices you make on his behalf.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Or 4. OP it’s only a business class flight what did you expect from him? YOU chose that not him. Don’t expect him to be thrilled about the choices you make on his behalf.
That's what happens when you try and buy a child's love out of guilt for splitting up his parents' marriage. I'm sure he'd much rather just have his mum and dad back together than a business class flight from Oz to UK, you homewrecking, stepmum bleep. *headtilt*

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That's what happens when you try and buy a child's love out of guilt for splitting up his parents' marriage. I'm sure he'd much rather just have his mum and dad back together than a business class flight from Oz to UK, you homewrecking, stepmum bleep. *headtilt*
*tinkly laugh*

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else read ‘tinkly laugh’ on here and find yourself quickly doing a ‘tinkly laugh’ to practice. I do and I sound unhinged. I will get my coat…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I also lost interest after the first couple of pages.

But all that I can say is - it's lucky they don't keep guns in the house. 🙄
There’s been a lot of ‘shameless placemarking’ teehee which has bumped the threads up. Honestly, that phrase just makes me want to punch them. Use the bleeping bookmark function you thick twats!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.