Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and the story continues - Babs and her bush bullied by the Pretty Boy Gardener
Oh FFS I wish she'd give up, it's ridiculous fabricated nonsense and the twattish Mumsnet cheerleaders are complete imbeciles for even thinking it might be true.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm not sure what's worse the fact that OP had 7 bowls of all bran because someone told her to, or that all the other posters are asking for updates on whether she has had a tit yet. Please can we not start that trend here?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The worst thing I've ever eaten was at a friend's house. She wasn't known for being a good cook, but surpassed herself that night with "Chicken Divan": bits of chicken mixed with condensed cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and water chestnuts! As if that wasn't bad enough, the recipe said to mix cornflakes with melted butter to make a delicious crunchy topping...
She didn't have cornflakes and butter in so she topped it with marge and bloody Bran Flakes!
She really hated me, didn't she?

(Sorry! Should have explained this was promoted by the mentioning of All Bran. It's not just a sudden cry for help or something. Mayber the MNers would appreciate the recipe. Being faced with that would certainly help you stay teeny-tiny)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I'm not sure what's worse the fact that OP had 7 bowls of all bran because someone told her to, or that all the other posters are asking for updates on whether she has had a tit yet. Please can we not start that trend here?
They are obsessed with poo, even ordinary non-poo troll mumsnetters like to talk about their bowel movements and flatulence, like a bunch of six year olds.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The worst thing I've ever eaten was at a friend's house. She wasn't known for being a good cook, but surpassed herself that night with "Chicken Divan": bits of chicken mixed with condensed cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and water chestnuts! As if that wasn't bad enough, the recipe said to mix cornflakes with melted butter to make a delicious crunchy topping...
She didn't have cornflakes and butter in so she topped it with marge and bloody Bran Flakes!

(Sorry! Should have explained this was promoted by the mentioning of All Bran. It's not just a sudden cry for help or something. Mayber the MNers would appreciate the recipe. Being faced with that would certainly help you stay teeny-tiny)
Back in the 90s, when it was all about exciting vinegars, a friend went to a dinner party at which the host was making a salad that was meant to be dressed with raspberry vinegar. She’d had none so had substituted it with raspberry yoghurt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

I've never heard of Chicken Divan. I am inspired to try this recipe for lunch tomorrow but I don't hate my husband and son enough to inflict that concoction on them :D

I went to a friend's for dinner once and she proudly announced she'd cooked sweet and sour pork with pineapple, but she hadn't got any pineapple, so she used tinned peach slices instead. It was like having dinner and pudding on the same plate and was remarkably tasty.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Fond memories of a teenage me deciding to be nice (probably the only time of my teens I add) and cook dinner for my parents.
No fucker told me pudding rice was different to white rice did they?!

To my credit they ate a large amount of it before gently breaking it to me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The ones that amuse me are the cleaner complaints ones. Mumsnetters on six figure salaries, managing teams but can't have a reasonable frank conversation with their cleaner. They missed a skirting board so I'm going to text them to say don't come anymore. Everyone agrees that the scum bag cleaner needs to go!
"Iris. There's a cobweb on the bannister. Would you be able to get the duster out and remove it please?"
"Yes Mrs Levinson. No problem"
The end.
Oh my God, delurking to say Mrs Levinson really is the ultimate Mumsnetter isn’t she? Passive aggressive sneering witch, lies about being wealthy with a successful DH. She should be their mascot.
6D10A338-4478-4F20-AEEA-07C08095AF9F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Back in the 90s, when it was all about exciting vinegars, a friend went to a dinner party at which the host was making a salad that was meant to be dressed with raspberry vinegar. She’d had none so had substituted it with raspberry yoghurt.
God - that's brought back memories!

I used to love raspberry vinegar - it was fecking wonderful drizzled over vanilla ice cream.

I haven't thought about it for years and I want some now.

<wonders if the stuff in the beetroot jar would do>

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Oh god this gives me flashbacks of the dish my friend served me when we went on a self catering holiday with her 3 kids and my Dd, its was her kids favourite she said. It was disgusting. Corned beef casserole she called it. Ugh, it was a tin of corned beef cubed and heated up in a tin of cheap watery tomato soup and served with boiled potatoes. My poor DDs face when presented with this abomination still gives me ptsd.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I've never heard of Chicken Divan. I am inspired to try this recipe for lunch tomorrow but I don't hate my husband and son enough to inflict that concoction on them 😀
I did check the recipe on Google, in case I was getting real life mixed up with fever dreams again, and it's there if you ever get the urge. Some recipes suggest broccoli instead of water chestnuts which might make it marginally less disgusting and the be-marged Bran Flakes made it far, far worse - I don't think anyone else would think that a reasonable swap.
I've also got a feeling that a contestant on "Come Dine with Me" (the cookery contest for people who can't cook) did it once too.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
MN is such a site or two halves. I was reading a thread the other day with a mother disagreeing with what her 18 year old was planning to do with the 15k his grandparents had given him ‘for fun things only’. And trying not to think how transformative that amount of money would be for so many people, and here is a child who’s been given it to piss up the wall.

Reactions: 14
I did check the recipe on Google, in case I was getting real life mixed up with fever dreams again, and it's there if you ever get the urge. Some recipes suggest broccoli instead of water chestnuts which might make it marginally less disgusting and the be-marged Bran Flakes made it far, far worse - I don't think anyone else would think that a reasonable swap.
I've also got a feeling that a contestant on "Come Dine with Me" (the cookery contest for people who can't cook) did it once too.
This sounds like something my mother in law makes. When I first went round for tea (think dinner to most people) back in the early days she explained what she was making and it sounded rank. But in this one there's no water chestnuts and she topped it with ritz crackers and loads of cheese instead of bran flakes. Surprisingly it was actually really nice:ROFLMAO: and now I always want her to make it whenever we go round for tea (dinner)
---
Which one of you is this? Or are they starting to become self aware over there?:unsure:
1715327770815.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.