Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a perfect MN size - 6-8.

Unfortunately, that's my feet and the shoe size I buy to be able to fit the orthotics in, but it still counts, doesn't it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
There are some threads on here where posters absolute rinse an influencer for what they eat and then go on how they eat less than that in a week etc
Isn’t that usually within the context of an influencer claiming she’s teeny tiny and definitely a size 8 but then clearly isn’t and shows all her massive meals (guess the thread I go on 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Isn’t that usually within the context of an influencer claiming she’s teeny tiny and definitely a size 8 but then clearly isn’t and shows all her massive meals (guess the thread I go on 🤣).
That could be so many of them. 😂
Threads here also get a bit ‘witch eating crackers’, where people start to dislike an influencer for one thing and then EVERYTHING they do pisses them off.

Reactions: 14
I CBA to worry about what’s on the plates of others. I’m too full up from my massive salad to even think about it.

I see one of the cunts on MN (tattle thread) is threatening to go to head/governors as she suspects a tattler <clutches pearls> is a teacher!

WTF will they do if they discover tattlers work for DNHS or government?

What small-minded vindictiveness in play. bleep.

FYI I work with children. And use the word bleep. And slag people off.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
As if the governors would care that someone might be a bit snarky on a social media site.

‘Miss, miss, those people are being mean and won’t let me join in…’

FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I CBA to worry about what’s on the plates of others. I’m too full up from my massive salad to even think about it.

I see one of the cunts on MN (tattle thread) is threatening to go to head/governors as she suspects a tattler <clutches pearls> is a teacher!

I work for the DNHS!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

And we love you for it 50 xxxxxx

Don't worry lads, I've got this I'm probably the most hated as I don't work, live off the back of my husband and am mental. So I'm not only lazy, but probably making it up, although I am also a Dnightmare to live with (as they as about everyone with BPD) and my DH should leave me. I am a disgrace to wimmin innit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
And we love you for it 50 xxxxxx

Don't worry lads, I've got this I'm probably the most hated as I don't work, live off the back of my husband and am mental. So I'm not only lazy, but probably making it up, although I am also a Dnightmare to live with (as they as about everyone with BPD) and my DH should leave me. I am a disgrace to wimmin innit
But are you a size French?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
As an adoptee and an ex social worker, I too haven't trusted myself to comment in that thread.
The level of vitriol and ignorance is depressing and infuriating, so it’s probably better for my mental health and blood pressure not to.

In other news, I ate a whole yellow labelled trifle yesterday and no actual food.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Just saw this on the latest Tattle thread. What absolute bollocks. I’ve never seen fat shaming on here, where as over there anyone over a size six is considered morbidly obese.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
Just saw this on the latest Tattle thread. What absolute bollocks. I’ve never seen fat shaming on here, where as over there anyone over a size six is considered morbidly obese.
If it does happen on tattle, I’m sure it’s just “fat cow ate 2 Big Macs” as opposed to the judgement of moral failure and burden upon society.
---
I’ve been thinking (i can! Despite not going to a Russel group uni…) - and one of the things I love about tattle is its diversity in membership. Mostly women (aside dicks in a row 😁) - but so many much younger women than me who are child-free and living life large. My own social circle doesn’t contain much of that anymore, so it’s great to suck the energy from their young souls. That probably sounds patronising as duck - but god I miss dancing on tables and random shags of a weekend instead of the mundanity of the myriad of worries.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Brilliant! I work (quite high up, not 6 figures though) for the NHS. Imagine!

• Haha
I am fat and work with people who are vulnerable. I don’t fit it on MN.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.