Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too, and I am fat and northern and use the word duck as punctuation in a work setting.

I also went to a russell group uni, work in management and live in a 'nice' area.

Would they accept half of me or shun me for being a working class upstart who should know her place
You’re northern and you went to university? *head tilt* for a day trip?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Me too, and I am fat and northern and use the word duck as punctuation in a work setting.

I also went to a russell group uni, work in management and live in a 'nice' area.

Would they accept half of me or shun me for being a working class upstart who should know her place
Do you say ‘what’ or ‘pardon’?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was just reading their tattle thread on MN and then it all went down! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As if the governors would care that someone might be a bit snarky on a social media site.

‘Miss, miss, those people are being mean and won’t let me join in…’

FFS.
I am a school governor! I would absolutely laugh my head off if someone tried to complain a teacher was on here too. What the hell sort of investigation would we be supposed to do and why?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh lordie yes. I bet good old crumbs was in there too with lots of 'medical advice'.

And during lockdown, they were all frontline / key workers. Not that they ever mentioned it, or anything.

'Does anyone have a recipe/ know what time Tesco is opening/ insert inane question - I am a key worker you see and so is my DH.' 🥴
I think you’ll find they were FRONTLINE KEY WORKERS!!!!! They made it sound like they were off to battle when they probably worked at Tesco. Nothing wrong with working at Tesco, mind you, and Covid showed us we do not appreciate all the important jobs that hold society together. But it’s hardly amputating a soldier’s leg in the battlefield is it now?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Bloody hell, our servers are down at work so I can't do anything and now I can't even waste time on mumsnet either. I'll just have to eat some carbs or something

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
They were a bloody nightmare during lockdown. A bunch of pearl clutching curtain twitching busy bodies. Every time one of their neighbours so much as farted in their back gardens they wanted to report them to the police, they were constantly looking for petty reasons to report people who weren’t following the rules.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I say pardon because I’m forrin and saying “what” instead of “pardon” is considered very rude. I’m slightly amazed it’s somehow considered posher, like using supper instead of dinner (wtf is that all about?)

Reactions: 9
I say pardon, like every well brought up urchin.
‘Pardon‘ is dreadfully common and terribly non–U. According to Nancy Mitford‘s class guide (which admittedly is very old and the less said about some of the Mitfords the better) only the lower classes need to ‘beg someone‘s pardon‘ and if you‘re properly posh you‘re supposed to bark ‘what?‘ instead. Along with never asking for a serviette or sitting in the lounge …

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think you’ll find they were FRONTLINE KEY WORKERS!!!!! They made it sound like they were off to battle when they probably worked at Tesco. Nothing wrong with working at Tesco, mind you, and Covid showed us we do not appreciate all the important jobs that hold society together. But it’s hardly amputating a soldier’s leg in the battlefield is it now?
Oh for sure.

I was very grateful to those who worked in shops, collected bins, delivered post and so on.
But I'm willing to bet they weren't the ones on MN claiming to be anything.

And it was brought into everything. I might cook XYZ for dinner, btw I'm a FRONTLINE KEY VERY IMPORTANT WORKER AS IS MY DH. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They were a bloody nightmare during lockdown. A bunch of pearl clutching curtain twitching busy bodies. Every time one of their neighbours so much as farted in their back gardens they wanted to report them to the police, they were constantly looking for petty reasons to report people who weren’t following the rules.
and now they act like they were totally against lockdown and they knew how much people would suffer afterwards 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am a school governor! I would absolutely laugh my head off if someone tried to complain a teacher was on here too. What the hell sort of investigation would we be supposed to do and why?
Well if you’re owning up - so will I, for more than one school.

Obviously I’d take the offending member of staff and ask them to explain their favourite threads and is Alice bleeping Evans mental or what?

I’d them contact the complaining parent in question, inform them if spoken to the teacher and tell them they’d been assigned to sell raffle tickets on sports day.
---
Obviously can't just go the shop due to being v rural
Christ. when I have a party emergency it’s something like forgetting to chill the ‘secco.

Rose petal emergency my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I didn't read there much during lockdown, I knew it would be dire.
I think there was a section dedicated to it. But they kept creeping into other threads anyway.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.