Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm incredibly jealous - of the poster who probably comes up from her IT/Data role office to take her outfit photos in daylight (my assumption is to do with her username) in the bogs.

She wears stuff from M&S and Matalan and looks cool and elegant. I try it and look like a dumpy old woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeh I’m always a bit 🤨 when they cry co-op is expensive. We’ll drag yourself away from the line-caught Atlantic salmon, quinoa and fresh olives and give your kids something they actually want to eat. Their meal deal is a bloody bargain and I grab one every time I’m in. In fact… the air-fryer is on right now because instead of pandering to my children all afternoon I’ve been doing more interesting stuff so CBA with a 4 course roast.

Edit: I’ve left a voicemail for DCoroner.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Guys I got drunk yesterday and lost you all! Delighted to be back and catch up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Yeh I’m always a bit 🤨 when they cry co-op is expensive. We’ll drag yourself away from the line-caught Atlantic salmon, quinoa and fresh olives and give your kids something they actually want to eat. Their meal deal is a bloody bargain and I grab one every time I’m in. In fact… the air-fryer is on right now because instead of pandering to my children all afternoon I’ve been doing more interesting stuff so CBA with a 4 course roast.

Edit: I’ve left a voicemail for DCoroner.
Those potato faces done in the airfryer and dipped in mayo were the best thing I've eaten all week. My kid is still licking his plate after the icecream with broken bits of Easter egg in.
Tell DCoroner we thoroughly enjoyed our last meal as a family, and I would like a private cremation and my ashes scattered on the beach, whereas the husband and child want to be fired into space on a rocket.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That adoption shower thread has some of the most rancid cunts ‘contributing’ absolutely offensive bullshit. What utter utter shitbags.

I’m a mother through adoption. That lot can get to duck with their cunty opinions and pontificating on a subject about which they’re entirely ignorant.
This may be outing me but I have let rip on that one as an adoptee. I don't care but that thread has pissed me off so much. The absolute cunts.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Those potato faces done in the airfryer and dipped in mayo were the best thing I've eaten all week. My kid is still licking his plate after the icecream with broken bits of Easter egg in.
Tell DCoroner we thoroughly enjoyed our last meal as a family, and I would like a private cremation and my ashes scattered on the beach, whereas the husband and child want to be fired into space on a rocket.
I did literally have sticky toffee pudding with custard for lunch. No side salad. Another for #DCoroner

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've just been to the Co-op to buy their poor people's meal deal (pizza, garlic bread, chicken nuggets, potato faces and chocolate ice-cream, my kid thinks he's died and gone to heaven) and now I have to regain my appetite, not think about pus spurting out of infected follicles.

ETA: I am adding une petite quantité de salade for those of you shuddering with disgust at all the beige.
I’ve bought that meal deal as well. And me and my husband are both in our 30s. And both men, so could both post about our greedy bastard husbands and cause some kind of glitch in the mumsnet hivemind.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
This may be outing me but I have let rip on that one as an adoptee. I don't care but that thread has pissed me off so much. The absolute cunts.
They are a bleeping horrendous bunch of arseholes. I am reminded of something that still makes me want to cry with anger and slap someone. One of my mum's friends was talking about her son's wife's pregnancy and said 'we're so happy, we'll have a REAL grandchild at last.' She already had two REAL grandchildren, an 11yo boy and his 7yo sister, her daughter's children, adopted as toddlers. I remember saying something along those lines, and she said, pityingly, you'll understand when you're a grandmother. No I bleeping won't. :mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I’ve bought that meal deal as well. And me and my husband are both in our 30s. And both men, so could both post about our greedy bastard husbands and cause some kind of glitch in the mumsnet hivemind.
You’ve got the makings of both a ‘greedy husband’ thread and a ‘gay husband’ thread right there. This is MN gold.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
You’ve got the makings of both a ‘greedy husband’ thread and a ‘gay husband’ thread right there. This is MN gold.
I could legitimately do a “I saw my husband sucking off a man” thread. The fact that the man was me would not be mentioned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
They are a bleeping horrendous bunch of arseholes. I am reminded of something that still makes me want to cry with anger and slap someone. One of my mum's friends was talking about her son's wife's pregnancy and said 'we're so happy, we'll have a REAL grandchild at last.' She already had two REAL grandchildren, an 11yo boy and his 7yo sister, her daughter's children, adopted as toddlers. I remember saying something along those lines, and she said, pityingly, you'll understand when you're a grandmother. No I bleeping won't. :mad::mad::mad:

When I was a teenager, my mother told me that one of my friends was adopted. I took this onboard with a shrug as, so what? My friend never mentioned it to me and I had no intention of saying anything to him about it. For months afterward, my mother would ask if I had told him yet.

Nigh on forty years later it has stayed with me as who the duck would take pleasure in dropping that news on someone?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
When I was a teenager, my mother told me that one of my friends was adopted. I took this onboard with a shrug as, so what? My friend never mentioned it to me and I had no intention of saying anything to him about it. For months afterward, my mother would ask if I had told him yet.

Nigh on forty years later it has stayed with me as who the duck would take pleasure in dropping that news on someone?
Mum’s friend adopted 2 older boys, brothers who had had the most awful start in life. Because they were older … about 8 and 6 … they started off calling her and husband by name. The first time the eldest called her ‘mum’ she cried for a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That adoption thread is disgusting, and the poster who said her adopted husband hasn't spoken to his adoptive parents since he discovered his bio parents, he's a grade A bleep.
Thanks for adopting me and everything you've done, but I've found my real parents now, so duck off. What an absolute shitbag.

Reactions: 38
Mum’s friend adopted 2 older boys, brothers who had had the most awful start in life. Because they were older … about 8 and 6 … they started off calling her and husband by name. The first time the eldest called her ‘mum’ she cried for a week.
That's made me tear up. I remember my little cousin beaming up at my auntie, saying 'look mammy, I'm painting a picture of you!' and my auntie just weeping, my cousin was 7 and auntie had been Trish to her for the last 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.