Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I was a mumsnetter and either a teacher or a healthcare worker, and the kind of person who gives “robust” advice to worried parents, I’d be more concerned about being reported to my governing body than posting unflattering comments about influencers on Tattle.

During Covid, there were so many posters claiming to be either in the government or high up in the health service, giving false information about the pandemic. I’m a nurse on a Covid ward, AMA for example. Allow me to breach patient confidentiality and tell you all about how Covid is affecting people.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
If they knew what their kids teachers got up to they’d go ballistic if someone slagging off a dress or whatever has them that irate.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve never posted anything on here that I wouldn’t post under my real name tbf. Doubt many of the mumsnet twats could say the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This poster seems to have missed the irony of saying this about a tattle thread about mumsnet on a mumsnet thread about reddit and tattle
1712565252987.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Not so much since Tattle has clamped down on new joiners, but I've previously suspected that some of the nastier comments about appearance and weight etc. have been posted by the influencers themselves looking to screenshot "evidence" for their stories.

Clemmie Hooper won't be the only one who's been posting on Tattle under an alias.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
On this thread, apart from token teeny tiny @NoddyFromToytown, I think we're all a bit on the hefty side, i.e. size 10/12 and above? Then again, some of us buy our meal deals from the Co-op and don't follow Biwi's low carb bootcamp to the letter.
I read today that BIWI is 65! I thought she was some slender 20 something wannabe influencer for some reason. At 65, I would be more than ready to relax the constipation diet a bit and enjoy some cake.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
As an adoptee and an ex social worker, I too haven't trusted myself to comment in that thread.
The level of vitriol and ignorance is depressing and infuriating, so it’s probably better for my mental health and blood pressure not to.

In other news, I ate a whole yellow labelled trifle yesterday and no actual food.
Aaah yes, but surely the fruit counts as one of your five a day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not so much since Tattle has clamped down on new joiners, but I've previously suspected that some of the nastier comments about appearance and weight etc. have been posted by the influencers themselves looking to screenshot "evidence" for their stories.
I’d be phoning DPsychiatrist if my internal monologue set itself free and started posting publicly!
---
Aaah yes, but surely the fruit counts as one of your five a day 😂
16 a day. I think those family sized trifles are supposed to be shared with your extended family - not just you and your favourite spoon*.

* We all have one.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve never posted anything on here that I wouldn’t post under my real name tbf. Doubt many of the mumsnet twats could say the same.
Nor me. I have no qualms about being doxxed because I'm not posting bigoted racist homophobic tit. I also don't think my employers would be arsed abut me having a tattle account, unless I was posting 24/7 when I was meant to be dealing with customer complaints. Oh the joys of a job in telephony! At least it's not video calling and the customers can't see my less than interested expression :D

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Again this was the first reply🤦🏻‍♀️😆
Well you can see why they all have these 6-figure jobs can’t you!? They spout such utter shite and everyone at the office is just too polite to say “Sandra, I’ve literally just said that” - and they end up believing in their own greatness. Then finally, some interloper on MN calls them out and they hiss “net mums is that way”.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I work for the DNHS!
Me too, and I am fat and northern and use the word duck as punctuation in a work setting.

I also went to a russell group uni, work in management and live in a 'nice' area.

Would they accept half of me or shun me for being a working class upstart who should know her place

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If I was a mumsnetter and either a teacher or a healthcare worker, and the kind of person who gives “robust” advice to worried parents, I’d be more concerned about being reported to my governing body than posting unflattering comments about influencers on Tattle.

During Covid, there were so many posters claiming to be either in the government or high up in the health service, giving false information about the pandemic. I’m a nurse on a Covid ward, AMA for example. Allow me to breach patient confidentiality and tell you all about how Covid is affecting people.
Oh lordie yes. I bet good old crumbs was in there too with lots of 'medical advice'.

And during lockdown, they were all frontline / key workers. Not that they ever mentioned it, or anything.

'Does anyone have a recipe/ know what time Tesco is opening/ insert inane question - I am a key worker you see and so is my DH.' 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 19
16 a day. I think those family sized trifles are supposed to be shared with your extended family - not just you and your favourite spoon*.

* We all have one.
Back in the 90s, my partner ‘borrowed‘ a stamped teaspoon from an Air Europe flight and it‘s his favourite spoon. It’s survived through numerous house moves and has a special place in the drawer, and god forbid if it’s missing. A few years ago I took it to work in my lunchbox and actually got texts about it being missing. I think I’ve only just been forgiven.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.