Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Todays wacky weight loss advice. Because of course most normal people eat a plate of broccoli before going to a party
View attachment 2864970
I stopped drinking and put a stone on cos I was mainlining chocolate 23 hours a day. I now feel foolish cos if I'd have just had some baby tree's before the choccy, I wouldn't have eaten so much of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Todays wacky weight loss advice. Because of course most normal people eat a plate of broccoli before going to a party
View attachment 2864970
Christ alive! I hope she is not sharing her hotel room with anyone if she is troughing a plate of broccoli or cabbage before she goes out. The brassica farts/shits would be absolutely dire 😮
---
I use a secret ingredient when I do Italian. Basil. Few people have heard of it.
Can I introduce you to my secret ingredient, oregano? The bloke who works in Dominos told me about it , he's Italian adjacent *taps nose*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
What I can't work out, so help me out here - isn't she the only person eating said lasagne? So if she knows about it, it's not a secret.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't know why but when I read posts using language like this it instantly makes me think they are an absolute head, no matter what they are asking. It just makes me feel weird

Hullo
HafMar
Gosh
And the worst offender of all is an adult typing hehe
1712659055225.png

1712659180658.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I have never ever seen half marathon abbreviated like that before. And I’ve run and supported more half marathons than I can count.

Reactions: 13
What I can't work out, so help me out here - isn't she the only person eating said lasagne? So if she knows about it, it's not a secret.
Maybe she has early onset dementia? Everyone else seems to have it according to them

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The mumsnetter I work with uses abbreviations like that. She talks about going to Sani as if everyone knows she means the very upmarket luxury beach resort in Greece, she talks about being part of the county set, as if the county is an actual place, her worst expletive is golly! and even then she will apologise, she calls unpleasant people beastly, she gets squiffy on bubbly and she doesn't mean Prosecco, her husband and privately educated sons are all rugger buggers, and worst of all, she thinks Boden is good value for money. I've no idea of her username, she could be anyone. She lives in a massive house she calls the cottage as well. I shall have to ask her opinion on people using parent and child parking spaces and whether obesity is an epidemic or simply a sign of being poor.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The mumsnetter I work with uses abbreviations like that. She talks about going to Sani as if everyone knows she means the very upmarket luxury beach resort in Greece, she talks about being part of the county set, as if the county is an actual place, her worst expletive is golly! and even then she will apologise, she calls unpleasant people beastly, she gets squiffy on bubbly and she doesn't mean Prosecco, her husband and privately educated sons are all rugger buggers, and worst of all, she thinks Boden is good value for money. I've no idea of her username, she could be anyone. She lives in a massive house she calls the cottage as well. I shall have to ask her opinion on people using parent and child parking spaces and whether obesity is an epidemic or simply a sign of being poor.
This why I'm self-employed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Today’s “this didn’t actually happen”. God, even the mumsnet trolls are getting really boring in their quest to try and be funny/make classics.
I mean that nail could have been lying around unseen for ages. maybe she should get a camera installed to check her Dcleaner is actually doing the job.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know someone that uses gosh and teeheehee in messages and it makes me cringe, yet they would never use it in conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean that nail could have been lying around unseen for ages. maybe she should get a camera installed to check her Dcleaner is actually doing the job.
It brought to mind that awful programme about super obese people who were housebound, and one poor soul had the remote control to the TV stuck in one of her abdominal creases :sick::sick::sick: The nail is probably hers and has been there for a decade or two.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I don't know why but when I read posts using language like this it instantly makes me think they are an absolute head, no matter what they are asking. It just makes me feel weird

Hullo
HafMar
Gosh
And the worst offender of all is an adult typing hehe
View attachment 2865064
View attachment 2865067
Londoners definitely amenable to move out of the way for tourists- especially if you say you want a better view than them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m size French and very healthy.
I live up north and we’re already in beach wear.
The fact it’s pissing down is irrelevant.
My nutter of a husband is going out kite surfing (oops, outing, now you all know exactly who I am) and me and the child will sit in the car eating fish and chips and watching the waves.
Shouldn’t that read does a really manly hobby (think - kite surfing, but it’s not) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.