Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lasagne Lady mis-read the MN recipe. It was supposed to be a toddler-sized lasagne (enough for a toddler or teeny tiny MNer) but she made a toddler-size lasagne (a lasagne the size of a toddler). Meanwhile BIWI is in a hospital recovering from shock at all the carbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
ALL of her neighbours are vegan? And she literally has no friends or family within a five-mile radius that she could give some to?

And when she bought the ingredients, chopped the ingredients, and put it all in the dish, she didn’t look at it all and think ‘that’s going to be a big lasagne!’?

Fucks’ sake 🙄
The first flag to me that it was bullshit was the vegan neighbour comment. Mumsnetters do not like or talk to their neighbours and they definitely do not know them well enough to know their dietary preferences.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The first flag to me that it was bullshit was the vegan neighbour comment. Mumsnetters do not like or talk to their neighbours and they definitely do not know them well enough to know their dietary preferences.
Also Mumsnetters hate vegans so if it was true she would’ve just given all her neighbours some and pretended it was vegan.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Re the lasagne - I kind of sympathise, as one who is utterly incapable of cooking a meal for fewer than four people.

Possibly due to years of cooking for a family, (of gannets) even now they have long flown the nest, if I cook a meal for me and the old man it sort of…grows.
Same here. Even when it’s just me and my husband, I’ve lost sight of what an acceptable portion looks like now.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
As an American, who‘s size American, and who defended Tattle, I was quite surprised to not be very popular on some MN threads. Who knew? Oh, wait…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Just saw this on the latest Tattle thread. What absolute bollocks. I’ve never seen fat shaming on here, where as over there anyone over a size six is considered morbidly obese.
Have you ever read the Becki Jones threads? I’ll be honest and say I don’t know (and don’t care) who the girl is but her name pops up on the regular.
Im sure there’s plenty of things she could be criticised for but mainly it’s dig after dig at her weight and personal appearance. I am *very* uncomfortable with that.

Reactions: 17
I’ve never posted anything on here that I wouldn’t post under my real name tbf. Doubt many of the mumsnet twats could say the same.
I can’t remember who we were talking about one time, but I remember you wear them like a hat and I fully believe you’d say the same in your own name. It’s why I love you so…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t remember who we were talking about one time, but I remember you wear them like a hat and I fully believe you’d say the same in your own name. It’s why I love you so…
It could have been many many people let’s be honest. (But probably Sir Matt)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have you ever read the Becki Jones threads? I’ll be honest and say I don’t know (and don’t care) who the girl is but her name pops up on the regular.
Im sure there’s plenty of things she could be criticised for but mainly it’s dig after dig at her weight and personal appearance. I am *very* uncomfortable with that.
I haven’t but I’m aware it who she is because I’ve seen her TikToks. As far as influencers/creators go she’s fairly inoffensive, so ive never felt the need to look up her thread on here.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen that thread about the absolute melt OP who hasn’t seen a friend for 16 years and the friend has suddenly demanded to stay in her house for 6 months? That cannot be real. Surely no-one is that much of a pushover.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Surely she just needs to do the usual mumsnet behaviour of hiding behind the sofa pretending to not be in when the friend knocks on the door

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Has anyone seen that thread about the absolute melt OP who hasn’t seen a friend for 16 years and the friend has suddenly demanded to stay in her house for 6 months? That cannot be real. Surely no-one is that much of a pushover.
Sounds good - what’s the thread title?

Reactions: 5
I’m settling in for this one.
I’m size French and very healthy.
I live up north and we’re already in beach wear.
The fact it’s pissing down is irrelevant.
My nutter of a husband is going out kite surfing (oops, outing, now you all know exactly who I am) and me and the child will sit in the car eating fish and chips and watching the waves.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
[rushes to Mumsnet] 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Todays wacky weight loss advice. Because of course most normal people eat a plate of broccoli before going to a party
1712654668041.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.