Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that‘s the MN version of Boris Johnson‘s ‘ambushed by cake‘ - panicked by a lasagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I accidentally made an enormous red velvet cake once.
Oh no, wait, it wasn't an accident. I ate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Would you not notice you’ve put an entire pot of Philadelphia in… an entire packets of basil leaves (so carby) and whatever else she’s calling a bleeping lasagne which has probably not even sniffed a packet of pasta? And realise it might be slightly larger than one portion? The reason it’s 2 stone is that Einstein there just weighed her le creuset.

Surely people aren’t this bleeping thick? Can someone add me to the DCoronoer spreadsheet as “blood pressure raised due to fuds”?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Being from the frozen wastes of the Northland, I just tend to go for the ubiquitous and catch all of ‘Aye up?’
My favourite sign, in Stockholm.
---
How would you not spot that the huge amount and dish size are going to dictate the size of your lasagne? Just...I don't get how anyone would not see...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
A secret layer of even more cheese, yes.
28lbs is a big lasagne though 😜
Big! It’s bloody huge! It’s the weight of 4 newborn babies. I can’t see how she had a big enough dish, let alone fit it in the oven. My MIL fed 12 people one Christmas and her turkey was half that size.
My bullshitometer is going off like no one’s business.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Would you not notice you’ve put an entire pot of Philadelphia in… an entire packets of basil leaves (so carby) and whatever else she’s calling a bleeping lasagne which has probably not even sniffed a packet of pasta? And realise it might be slightly larger than one portion? The reason it’s 2 stone is that Einstein there just weighed her le creuset.
12 and a bit kilos of lasagne? That's six to eight chihuahuas in old money! Good lord!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Surely people aren’t this bleeping thick? Can someone add me to the DCoronoer spreadsheet as “blood pressure raised due to fuds”?
I wonder if this is the same person who makes lasagne using vegetables and tomato sauce but no actual pasta or cheese? She described a very dull vegetable stew but called it her version of lasagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder if this is the same person who makes lasagne using vegetables and tomato sauce but no actual pasta or cheese? She described a very dull vegetable stew but called it her version of lasagne.
Stupid bleep had achieved French by default (ratatouille).

I made an AMAZING curry last night. Ingredients? Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, pepper and onions.

Mexican last week. Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, peppers and onion.

looking forward to a proper Sunday roast. Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, peppers and onion.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Stupid bleep had achieved French by default (ratatouille).

I made an AMAZING curry last night. Ingredients? Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, pepper and onions.

Mexican last week. Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, peppers and onion.

looking forward to a proper Sunday roast. Tomatoes, aubergine, courgettes, peppers and onion.
Stick a bit of chopped chorizo in that and I’m coming over for tea

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.