Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During “lockdown” they all had very elderly, highly vulnerable parents too, as well as newborns, which meant that they could justify extra shopping trips, buying more than 1 loaf of bread/can of beans, etc. When in reality the chances of a woman who has just given birth having very elderly parents are very low. Until you come to MN where 45 is very elderly.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If it does happen on tattle, I’m sure it’s just “fat cow ate 2 Big Macs” as opposed to the judgement of moral failure and burden upon society.
---
I’ve been thinking (i can! Despite not going to a Russel group uni…) - and one of the things I love about tattle is its diversity in membership. Mostly women (aside dicks in a row 😁) - but so many much younger women than me who are child-free and living life large. My own social circle doesn’t contain much of that anymore, so it’s great to suck the energy from their young souls. That probably sounds patronising as duck - but god I miss dancing on tables and random shags of a weekend instead of the mundanity of the myriad of worries.
Have you been reading my diary....? Although at nearly 40 I really should be old enough to know better 🙈 I do have a date this week though so maybe the MN era is yet to come (I'm joking)

Me too, and I am fat and northern and use the word duck as punctuation in a work setting.

I also went to a russell group uni, work in management and live in a 'nice' area.

Would they accept half of me or shun me for being a working class upstart who should know her place
Slightly concerned now - Are you me?! If so, the answer is they will shun the hell out of you for daring to be part of tattle...even being size French wasn't enough to plead my case...

Although I do say WHAT? far too much, drives Mama Noddy mad... and I'm partial to a 'like' a million times per sentence. Blame my upbringing, too much gravy

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was just reading their tattle thread on MN and then it all went down! 🤣
Oh Christ, we've broken the natternet. I wonder if we'll be on the BBC six o clock news?

Good evening, our first story tonight. A website called tattle has today broken the internet when the posters of it's rival Mumsnet tried to join it. Ben Dover has the full story, Ben?
Yes, hello ffionuella, it was at around 1 pm today when users of the Mumsnet forum discovered that the internet was broken, causing confusion amongst it's six figure earning users, one of which I've just been speaking to who said that she was extremely disappointed that she couldn't log on to show the other members her outfit of the day which she forages charity shops for.
Another member told us that she couldn't stop sobbing and shaking because she desperately wanted advice on how to get her locks changed because her husband had gone to the shop for a pint of milk and had bought an Asda four pint carton, rather than hiking to the nearest farm shop for a bottle of organic oat milk and some organic carrots.
These are just two of the members who live very rurally and are now totally isolated from the rest of the population.
Back to you Ffionuella.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
During “lockdown” they all had very elderly, highly vulnerable parents too, as well as newborns, which meant that they could justify extra shopping trips, buying more than 1 loaf of bread/can of beans, etc. When in reality the chances of a woman who has just given birth having very elderly parents are very low. Until you come to MN where 45 is very elderly.
I seem to remember a lot of shouting in supermarket stories too. I suppose it helped to pass the time. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh for sure.

I was very grateful to those who worked in shops, collected bins, delivered post and so on.
But I'm willing to bet they weren't the ones on MN claiming to be anything.

And it was brought into everything. I might cook XYZ for dinner, btw I'm a FRONTLINE KEY VERY IMPORTANT WORKER AS IS MY DH. 🤣
I know someone who works at Zara and claimed to be a Key Worker.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I shout "SPEAK UP, you young whippersnapper! Stop MUMBLING!" because I'm over 50 and hence deaf, decrepit and demented.
I poke 'em with my walking stick too. Hard.
Being from the frozen wastes of the Northland, I just tend to go for the ubiquitous and catch all of ‘Aye up?’

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Back in the 90s, my partner ‘borrowed‘ a stamped teaspoon from an Air Europe flight and it‘s his favourite spoon. It’s survived through numerous house moves and has a special place in the drawer, and god forbid if it’s missing. A few years ago I took it to work in my lunchbox and actually got texts about it being missing. I think I’ve only just been forgiven.
When my kids were toddlers (mid 90’s) my parent bought back a set of BA cutlery which were just the right size for small hands. When I cleared out their house I bought back the two teaspoons and they are great for eating yoghurt and desserts. The handle is slightly longer and they are a lovely shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When my kids were toddlers (mid 90’s) my parent bought back a set of BA cutlery which were just the right size for small hands. When I cleared out their house I bought back the two teaspoons and they are great for eating yoghurt and desserts. The handle is slightly longer and they are a lovely shape.
I have a set of cutlery stamped with property of the NHS which my Nan gifted me. She swears she bought it from Oxfam but I’m not so sure. My mum bought two sets of bunkbeds for us girls when we were little with HMP Wakefield on them. Cast iron they were and indestructible. She still has one set up for visiting weans.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I have a set of cutlery stamped with property of the NHS which my Nan gifted me. She swears she bought it from Oxfam but I’m not so sure. My mum bought two sets of bunkbeds for us girls when we were little with HMP Wakefield on them. Cast iron they were and indestructible. She still has one set up for visiting weans.
Yes,you could buy surplus things like that at auctions years ago quite often. Dirt cheap I should think too, at the time...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I LOVE this! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Mumsnetters fretting that some tattlers might be teachers is right out of the Sali Hughes playbook. A few years ago she had a rant about tattle and was horrified that some tattlers were 'teachers of children'! It was very amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I am fat and work with people who are vulnerable. I don’t fit it on MN.
I'm size quadruple French and (oh le horreur) American, so....I don't even bother. But you lot seem to like me well enough and I've not been run off with pitchforks yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I seem to remember a lot of shouting in supermarket stories too. I suppose it helped to pass the time. 🤣
Screaming rather than shouting, surely?
Unless it's the actual MNer, in which case they'll have answered calmly in measured tones.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I suspect most mnetters are size fat too.
I collect my granddaughter from school often and most of the mums are a size 12 minimum and above.
I see them going in the local supermarket after school with their kids and their baskets contain anything but the shite mnetters reckon to live on.
They lie like a cheap watch.
The bleeping chip munchers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm size quadruple French and (oh le horreur) American, so....I don't even bother. But you lot seem to like me well enough and I've not been run off with pitchforks yet.
They hate Americans almost as much as they hate their own children, husbands, family and friends! You’re all apparently responsible for everything about the world that’s evil like baby showers, Halloween, big cars and snacks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I saw Americans getting slagged off on the feminism board earlier - that was a new one for me.

As for stealing spoons from DNHS. This is why it’s in such a state. People stealing from them to SHOVEL yellow-label trifle into their gobs. It’ll end up like the American insurance system apparently - and not like a European one. Whilst they all claim to sob and shake at the thought of not being able to get cheap au pairs not being part of the EU, they don’t seem to want EU health systems - not when there’s scaremongering about Americans to be done anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.