Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently loving the thread about a child practically traumatised from learning about Jesus being nailed to the cross when easter is just bunnies and chocolate
Jesus split five loaves of bread between 5000 men, AIBU to think he was the original Mumsnetter?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m on a few pop star fan pages and a couple of times a month, sometimes more a band member or pop star will friend request or message me to chat. They get reported and blocked instantly. As lovely as it would be, Simon Le Bon has better things to do than chat to me 🤣
In Ye Goode Olde Days of the internet's wild west era I was on a few indie/metal forums and message boards and every so often a band member or one of their entourage would try to chat up a fan and offer tix and stuff via DM or something. I think (or hope) mostly the fan would tell eveyone on the board and everyonewould either laugh or be kind of envious, but I do wonder how many accepted and kept it hush hush. I know Lost Prophets and their hangers on were on some of those boards so.... yeah. 😬

Nowadays, I reckon bands and their hangers on are scouring the instahuns rather than their puberty stricken moody teen fans, but you never know. Most of the boards are defunct now AFAIK, otherwise they probably still would.

I've been looking for something like that for ages but I'm also a little worried, because I'm quite short, that I will be mistaken for a traffic cone 😞
I've got the opposite problem. Tall and shaped like a telegraph pole, a nice and breezy orange dress would look like an windsock on me.😒

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m doing probate and selling my dear dead DM’s house. It’s costing me thousands and I’m saving receipts to show my bro when I take all that precious cash out of the inheritance when we finally get it. My bro is a lovely and reasonable bloke but I’m still worried it’s going to look shady 🤦🏾‍♀️ e.g. I spent £500 on getting docs translated! I need it back!

OTOH he could have done all this death admin himself 😑
I feel your pain! We are 13 months into the hell that is probate. Oh the AIBU’s I could write about it 😂🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Are my friends being CF or AIBU?

I recently found out I’m to be crucified next month, which came as quite a shock. However, on top of this, I also found out that I’m expected to host a final supper. My friends are insisting that I provide ample amounts of wine but I was only planning on offering water. Are they being cf? Would IBU to just offer them water, when actually anything over a thimbleful of wine suggests a problem anyway? This is supposed to be MY last supper and now I’m stressing about catering for several men. I feel like just shutting myself in a cave and ignoring them all. How would you explain to people that you’re not prepared to entertain guests at this current time?
---
Jesus split five loaves of bread between 5000 men, AIBU to think he was the original Mumsnetter?
Mumsnetters would only eat that bread if it was some kind of non-UPF cardboard tasting shite. No tasty crusty white bread for them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

I recently found out I’m to be crucified next month, which came as quite a shock. However, on top of this, I also found out that I’m expected to host a final supper. My friends are insisting that I provide ample amounts of wine but I was only planning on offering water. Are they being cf? Would IBU to just offer them water, when actually anything over a thimbleful of wine suggests a problem anyway? This is supposed to be MY last supper and now I’m stressing about catering for several men. I feel like just shutting myself in a cave and ignoring them all. How would you explain to people that you’re not prepared to entertain guests at this current time?
---
Just don’t answer the door, maybe book yourself in for a spa day instead
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've been looking for something like that for ages but I'm also a little worried, because I'm quite short, that I will be mistaken for a traffic cone 😞
@Technobiff reckons she'll look like a spacehopper, you think you'll look like a traffic cone - what the hell am I going to look like? An orangutan, only less hairy? An enormous jar of marmalade? At least none of will be mistaken for Mumsnetters.
---

---
I don't think you should host this supper. I've heard on the grapevine that one of your mates has been gossiping about you and will get you in big trouble. I don't want to out him but his name begins with J.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ooh I’m torn.

On one hand he turned all the water into wine, perfect for all the wine o’clock posho yummy mummies *hic

On the other, he turned all the water into wine. Causing much pearl clutching and whispers of alcoholism amongst the middle classes. *catsbum

Such is the MN dilemma…

• Haha
Ooh I’m torn.

On one hand he turned all the water into wine, perfect for all the wine o’clock posho yummy mummies *hic

On the other, he turned all the water into wine. Causing much pearl clutching and whispers of alcoholism amongst the middle classes. *catsbum

Such is the MN dilemma…
I think you’d probably want to LTB. He left stains on the sheets which lasted 2000 years. 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Daily MN rant... why is their stock answer to anyone struggling to pay the mortgage to 'take in a lodger' when they won't even answer the door to a stranger!

To add to the 'celebrity messages' chat - oh the stories I could tell you about my inbox! I've also slept with a couple of celebrities but if I told you I'd have to kill you. No I'm not remotely famous in any way shape or form but I have been on TV and once appeared in a glamour mag (tastefully attired I might add)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Daily MN rant... why is their stock answer to anyone struggling to pay the mortgage to 'take in a lodger' when they won't even answer the door to a stranger!

To add to the 'celebrity messages' chat - oh the stories I could tell you about my inbox! I've also slept with a couple of celebrities but if I told you I'd have to kill you. No I'm not remotely famous in any way shape or form but I have been on TV and once appeared in a glamour mag (tastefully attired I might add)
I would never ever take in a lodger. No matter how skint, I wouldn't want to share my house with someone who wasn't a family member. I'd rather take in ironing.

I bet Robbie Williams is one of your famous shags, did he cry afterwards?

• Haha
Yes, because taking in a complete stranger to live in your house with your kids is a bleeping immense idea and I’m sure they’re all over it. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would never ever take in a lodger. No matter how skint, I wouldn't want to share my house with someone who wasn't a family member. I'd rather take in ironing.

I bet Robbie Williams is one of your famous shags, did he cry afterwards?
A woman posted on Mumsnet, either pregnant or with a very small baby her partner had left her, I think he was self employed so no maintenance and she was on maternity leave and she was advised to move back in with her parents or get a lodger. Moving in with your parents isn’t always an option and would anyone with a baby rent a room to a stranger?! I wouldn’t. I also wouldn’t want to rent a room from someone if they had a baby, so even if the woman was somehow ok to rent a room to a stranger with her baby in the house, I don’t think it would be that easy to find a lodger anyway. They seem to think the world is a 90s sitcom.

Reactions: 15
Hi guys, just checking in. SO I was the poster about the nutter psycho messaging me on TikTok to say he was going to rape/murder me- and I got banned from MN as they said I was a troll and it’s true!

Anyway, went to update but can’t now so bit tricky but here is a slight update- he started to send more abuse, and his employer got back to me, he doesn’t actually work there anymore but he does use them self employed- and he also has been using their imaging on his FB illegally?! So he is going to get in trouble at least for that.

He has also since sent me another bunch of abuse which I have downloaded from TikTok and attached for you all to have a nose. Tried to blur out some identifying info even though he doesn’t deserve it. Guess that’s the end of that one.

just think Mumsnet although full of trolls and weird tit, do need to realise sometimes people aren’t lying!
IMG_3326.png

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.