Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t allowed school dinners as they’re unhealthy. I would think my mum was a mumsnetter but she’s definitely not a teeny tiny and is always pissed.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am very much active in the prevention of VAWG and I’m not a fan of victim-blaming. But my post from this morning still stands - go poking around the underbelly of the internet and the brain rot which is tiktok - and guess what? You win yourself a $5 fuckwit. And then… even after your reported him, you went back to engage some more.

Gonnae do yer awn tiktok video about your trauma complete with “shocked” face thumbnail?
The only duck-wit and uneducated twit on here is you. You cannot say you support VAGW and then insinuate that if anyone comments on anything they deserve to be threatened with violence. You’re so thick it’s hard to even get a point across to you. Never went back and engaged afterwards actually.

It wouldn’t have mattered if the person called me names, I’ve called you thick (you are) and that’s what you get on a public forum. It’s insulating and threatening violence I had an issue with.

Reactions: 5
Everyone was having a lovely time until the Mnetters turned up. Let this be a lesson lads, don't give your codes out to anyone with a massive salad under their arm

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Sorry guys, I have been a poster on tattle for many years- no code needed! Didn’t mean to bring any drama with me! Sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wasn’t allowed school dinners as they’re unhealthy. I would think my mum was a mumsnetter but she’s definitely not a teeny tiny and is always pissed.
Am I your mum? 😮 Although I don't drink anymore son, I've told you this!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well I like the cut of both of your jibs. A nice robust mid slinging and exchanges of who’s the biggest bleep accusations, I’m into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Well I like the cut of both of your jibs. A nice robust mid slinging and exchanges of who’s the biggest bleep accusations, I’m into it.
I’d kinda like to win a biggest bleep comp, I do know a few people who could definitely beat me to top spot though ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can I lighten the mood by very much enjoying various MN'ers getting their knickers in a twist regarding school dinners.

OP wants to send darling first born boy child in to reception with last night's leftovers (with a salad of course) which he will just have to "get used" to eating cold. Poor lad having to poke through last night's cold quinoa while his pals get something nice!

Suggestions that OP asks school to not provide PFB with pudding are baffling, back in my day our lovely elderly dinnerladies would never be remembering and pandering to specific needs. Custard was slopped, every day! If my mother had intervened and suggested I, as her PFB, was NOT allowed fudge tart and chocolate custard I would have called childline. Can't believe the late 90s was such a different time!
I loved school dinners, especially the desserts - bread and butter pudding and custard, stewed apples and raisins and evaporated milk, semolina with a blob of strawberry jam in that you stirred in to turn it pink, rice pudding with skin on it, chocolate sponge with pink custard. No wonder I am a sturdy lass.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well I’ll go against the grain.

1. You don’t get a medal from St Peter for policing (tit) jokes you don’t agree with.

2. Why the duck didn’t you just block and move on?

I’m sorry you’ve been banned from MN, you sound right up their street.

Eh, this is gross. Men sending women death and rape threats is depressingly common, and the women who are victims in these situations so often get responses like yours tearing them apart. You’re sounding a lot like the numerous bores in AIBU who get off on kicking people when they’re down, honestly.

Reactions: 20
I'm ignoring the whose a bleep argument going on. Like a MNer I am bleeping terrible at confrontation. This is the equivalent of me not opening the door when someone knocks.

HOWEVER
Talking of TikTok and non problematic creators...

If you're not familiar, go check out Daniel Foxx. Particularly his most recent "Parents that make up fancy things their children eat". He's basically cosplaying MNers and if I could work out how to share it here I would. So bleeping funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The best ever mumsnet abbreviation is EWCM.

Egg White Cervical Mucus.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I HATED school dinners <weirdo>
Oh god me too. I went to primary in the 1970s, and the combination of rock hard potatoes with black centres, liver that was full of tubes with the consistency of shoe leather and bright green, lumpy, mint flavoured custard has scarred me for life.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
If you're not familiar, go check out Daniel Foxx. Particularly his most recent "Parents that make up fancy things their children eat". He's basically cosplaying MNers and if I could work out how to share it here I would. So bleeping funny.
He is brilliant! His new podcast is hilarious.

Reactions: 6
My mum is actually on tattle so I may be stabbed to death if she reads this thread.
I will protect you. Hear that, Mrs Geetbo? Take your dislike of school dinners over to Mumsnet and hand over the rest of your alcohol. NOW!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ugh, I went to boarding school, and me and my friends from that time still recall fried eggs swimming in oil, cigarette soup (grey and horrible), and "meat" which I expect was lamb, and had gruesome tubes in it.

Planning lovely pie and chips tonight!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.