Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As recommended by Mumsnet style and beauty board.
I've just ordered a bright orange strappy maxi dress for summer which I will be accessorising with a tan and sparkly flipflops. It was a a couple of quid on Vinted from Monsoon originally. I am definitely not going to be mistaken for a Mumsnetter, it doesn't look anything like a shroud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Currently fascinated reading the "Things that everyone raves about that are actually shite" thread. Mumsnetters really do hate everything. Holidays, pets, food, booze.... you name it, they hate it

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They got to page 2 before anyone mentioned the United States. That’s got to be a record. When they start a thread of things people don’t like we usually make an appearance by the third response,

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I work professionally with families. Many of those who typically don’t like any professionals or authority as they see it. Have discovered they can legally remove children from school where the kids get safeguarded and questions raised when they don’t turn up.

They are now ‘home educating’ their kids when they aren’t even able to function as an adult. I’m not sure they are inspected or engage like traditional home Ed families and the ones who truly have good reasons for home educating and do amazing jobs with it.

Because basically some now are doing it to avoid all that and do what they want. Cos no one tells them what to do about ‘their’ child. It’s the children that will ultimately lose out.

• Sad
  • Angry
Currently loving the thread about a child practically traumatised from learning about Jesus being nailed to the cross when easter is just bunnies and chocolate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Currently loving the thread about a child practically traumatised from learning about Jesus being nailed to the cross when easter is just bunnies and chocolate 🤣
That is top trolling tbf. Guaranteed to get them frothing.

I feel a bit sorry for that Jesus bloke. First he's born in a barn to homeless, unwed parents, then he ends up being nailed to two bits of wood in his undercrackers.
Imagine that today? MN would be in a frenzy logging it with social services, 101, 111, the school, safeguarding and the neighbours cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Currently fascinated reading the "Things that everyone raves about that are actually shite" thread. Mumsnetters really do hate everything. Holidays, pets, food, booze.... you name it, they hate it

had to laugh that one of the first ten comments included someone saying - no one ever raves about these things!!

The latest Kate thread shows why I stay here - there is no such thing as a nuanced discussion on that place is there

Reactions: 4
The home schooling families I’ve met have been lentil-weaving vegan tosspots rather than the social services avoiding type. I did however run across one family for whom I suspect it was the ‘D’H controlling the movement and whereabouts of his wife and daughter. The mum was thick as mince and not really educator material - but her husband gave me the creeps.

I have zero sympathy for stupid people watching stupid tit on tiktok I’m afraid. Go looking for shite on the underbelly of the internet and lo and behold you’ll find it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I feel a bit sorry for that Jesus bloke. First he's born in a barn to homeless, unwed parents, then he ends up being nailed to two bits of wood in his undercrackers.
Imagine that today? MN would be in a frenzy logging it with social services, 101, 111, the school, safeguarding and the neighbours cat.
Yeah but he came alive again 3 days later to say a proper goodbye to his mates. That was nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I bleeping cracked up when someone said cats, then this happened 😂
1.png
2.png

Although this person needs their bleeping hard drive checking. What kind of teenie tiny monster thinks naan bread is tit?
3.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m currently banned from Facebook (including posting on my own page) for calling a man a moron after he told me I deserved to be raped (after he knew it had happened to me so not a throwaway comment). Just shows how their algorithms work!
I got a post deleted from Facebook and a crappy (albeit auto-generated) comment because I told a friend their account had been hacked. About 10 months later!

I did use the "what the duck you idiots" feedback option so I confidently expect to hear back from them in about 15 years' time. Maybe that's where MNHQ mods do their training.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I got a post deleted from Facebook and a crappy (albeit auto-generated) comment because I told a friend their account had been hacked. About 10 months later!

I did use the "what the duck you idiots" feedback option so I confidently expect to hear back from them in about 15 years' time. Maybe that's where MNHQ mods do their training.
I reported two posts on our local Facebook page. One was a job scam, filling envelopes from home, earn £££££££££. The other was the first 19 people to see the number in this grid win £2000. The man then asked for the winners to message him their bank details.
Facebook said there was no issue with either post.
Fuckwits.

• Wow
I reported two posts on our local Facebook page. One was a job scam, filling envelopes from home, earn £££££££££. The other was the first 19 people to see the number in this grid win £2000. The man then asked for the winners to message him their bank details.
Facebook said there was no issue with either post.
Fuckwits.
Filling in envelopes from home? Was it a scam from 1990????

• Haha
Filling in envelopes from home? Was it a scam from 1990????
That’s probably why Facebook didn’t recognise it as a scam. The win £2k though - one of my friends messaged him her bank details and was surprised and upset when the money wasn’t paid into her account.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
That’s probably why Facebook didn’t recognise it as a scam. The win £2k though - one of my friends messaged him her bank details and was surprised and upset when the money wasn’t paid into her account.
Years ago, a male friend told me a beautiful woman had just messages him on Facebook wanting to connect and when he responded, she sent sexy photos. I told him it was a hacker. He said I was just jealous and carried on messaging. A short while later, he couldn't get into his account and it was shooting spam everywhere.

I never got an apology from him and he probably still wonders why I never dated him.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh God, I used to work with a woman who fell for a romance scam. It didn't matter what anyone said to her, she was convinced her handsome blond, blue eyed American service man called Steve was genuinely in love with her and wanted to marry her and whisk her away to a life of luxury in his Californian beach house. He was on the front line in Afghanistan. Then he had a problem (due to the army cocking up his pay) flying to the UK to see her, he didn't have enough money for the flight. Then his little boy (they always have a little boy) needed surgery and he couldn't access his USA bank account, it got to the point where she was having her house valued so she could sell it and send him the money he needed. Christ on a bike, she was thick. Eventually, her family intervened and it all stopped. She was genuinely heartbroken.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.