Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I’m coming for her…
---
Don’t duck with Noddy 🤣
Wait, I'm totally confused. You reported that poster? How did you know they were a troll? Massive salad thread is obviously very MN, but why would it be deleted? I know their moderation is tit but even by their standards that's weird.

Reactions: 6
Wait, I'm totally confused. You reported that poster? How did you know they were a troll? Massive salad thread is obviously very MN, but why would it be deleted? I know their moderation is tit but even by their standards that's weird.
Im feeling really poorly at the moment and couldn’t be arsed with the blatant piss taking (eg copying what I wrote) so yeah I reported her. It’s also a thread about another thread which isn’t allowed either but if she’s been banned before it would have been deleted regardless of what it’s about.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just when you think the nutters can't get any nuttier! Imagine just adjusting your medicine dosage willy nilly. I'm actually torn between being shocked to the core and laughing my head off. And my partner now thinks I'm a nutter.
They’re all 6 figure pharmacists now

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know if it's cos I'm an exhuasted cynical mother of 2 SEN kids who's barely had a day off in 10 years (violins out now please!) but the amount of moaning they do about their free childcare and what they give them to eat or drink is rage inducing at times! One currently about the little one being given milky tea by the grandparents in the evening - sounds a really sweet thing and memory for the kid to have but NO!

Mine could be fed on all the UPFs and plugged into screens for a chance of a break!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It often feels like much of MN is just a hugely expanded version of our class WhatsApp, where no issue is too micro to complain about. Today, the class teacher has been giving out homework packs at parents evening without saying they need to be done over the holidays, but the letter inside says they DO need to be done over the holiday. I mean, what is to be done???? We’re well into character assassination of the (lovely) class teacher now.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It often feels like much of MN is just a hugely expanded version of our class WhatsApp, where no issue is too micro to complain about. Today, the class teacher has been giving out homework packs at parents evening without saying they need to be done over the holidays, but the letter inside says they DO need to be done over the holiday. I mean, what is to be done???? We’re well into character assassination of the (lovely) class teacher now.

I'm surprised they aren't asking on their if anyone has seen their PFB lost school cardigan - that could run to 30 pages at least

• Haha
I'm glad mine left school before the online stuff, fines and monitoring started.
Lunch boxes consisted of a sarnie with a cold meat or cheese filling, a bag of crisps and a KitKat or similar.
And I used to take them out of school for a two week holiday in term time.

Ref the milky tea, that lot would have a heart attack on the spot if they'd seen my kids as babies and toddlers with the milky tea in their bottles as babies and full fat percolated coffee at breakfast as toddlers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Anyone seen the Bisexual husband thread? A couple of decent replies of ‘Well that’s nice, I’m bi and it’s something I chose to tell my spouse about, felt a bit weird that they didn’t know’ and the other just ‘get checked for STDS OP, he’s probably just gay and has been cheating on you the whole time. Oh and he probably has Grindr on his phone and wants to start experimenting’ it’s insane

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh no, I'm going to have to hand back my Tattle account. I've just found myself agreeing with NatashaDancing on a style & beauty thread:cautious:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I don't know if it's cos I'm an exhuasted cynical mother of 2 SEN kids who's barely had a day off in 10 years (violins out now please!) but the amount of moaning they do about their free childcare and what they give them to eat or drink is rage inducing at times! One currently about the little one being given milky tea by the grandparents in the evening - sounds a really sweet thing and memory for the kid to have but NO!

Mine could be fed on all the UPFs and plugged into screens for a chance of a break!
They’re always complaining about their free childcare on there, one was upset her 70-odd year old mother was too tired to be interactive with her child from 7:30am to 6pm and would put peppa pig on at lunchtime so she could eat in peace. One was upset when her MIL babysat she did the washing up 🤪

If you trust me to look after your child then let me make the decisions, if you think I can’t be trusted to look after a child don’t leave them with me!

I’m glad none of my friends and family seem to be Mumsnetters I do babysit for people for free, the kids are safe, I don’t hit them, I don’t feed them nothing but skittles and let them watch the walking dead but I’ll do stuff like a hot chocolate with a story or a Disney film and some popcorn and if anyone complained I wouldn’t babysit again.

Reactions: 10
Oh no, I'm going to have to hand back my Tattle account. I've just found myself agreeing with NatashaDancing on a style & beauty thread:cautious:
Bing, bang, bong.... MN catcher to aisle 3, MN catcher to aisle 3, we have a live one. Thank you. Bing, bang bong.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

The horror of milky tea! My grandfather served me champagne as a child (he was French, so maybe that excuses him from their ire? haha)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The horror of milky tea! My grandfather served me champagne as a child (he was French, so maybe that excuses him from their ire? haha)
How tall and slim was he? He gets a bit of a pass for being French but he does need to be 6ft 4 and slim but muscular to get a full pass. (I’ve already assumed he earned 6 figures otherwise the pass is entirely revoked).

• Haha
How tall and slim was he? He gets a bit of a pass for being French but he does need to be 6ft 4 and slim but muscular to get a full pass. (I’ve already assumed he earned 6 figures otherwise the pass is entirely revoked).
ha! He did not earn over 6 figures & was short and a bit portly. Also not Parisian (From the North). So I understand based on these credentials the pass must be revoked.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.