Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't be arsed with MN today. Has anyone noticed if they're enraged with Princess Kate due to her not sporting 'bags for life' on her recent spending spree?

I use the term 'spending spree' loosely as no doubt the serfs just handed over the loot, knowing their place and all.
I’d have made them pay for their goods AND a bag. And put the bread at the bottom and the milk on top of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She can't win with that lot can she.
They're up in arms because she's not been seen for weeks, then up in arms when they do chuffing see her.
The bleeping saucepans!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can't be arsed with MN today. Has anyone noticed if they're enraged with Princess Kate due to her not sporting 'bags for life' on her recent spending spree?

I use the term 'spending spree' loosely as no doubt the serfs just handed over the loot, knowing their place and all.

I’m more interested to know if she took a “parent and child” space in the parking lot. That’s one of the seven deadly sins of MN unless you have 17 SEN children under 8 and 13 medical conditions of your own.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I see that dreadful Lisa Johnson has managed to get her thread on MN pulled - does anyone know how you go about starting a thread about scammy coaches (coaches coaching coaches type thing) to expose shady practices and save people from wasting £££. Spending £3 on Hinch’s zoflora is world’s away from getting duped into a £2k MLM bin fire.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m more interested to know if she took a “parent and child” space in the parking lot. That’s one of the seven deadly sins of MN unless you have 17 SEN children under 8 and 13 medical conditions of your own.
Someone on Mumsnet called a pregnant woman a ‘selfish, lazy bleep’ because she parked in a parent and child space. Technically she did have a child with her and in the nicest possible way there comes a point for a lot of women in pregnancy where it looks like you’re smuggling a spacehopper up your jumper and surely we can all understand they might need a bit of extra room to get in and out of the car!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
There's an absolutely horrendous thread on AIBU right now where OP has managed to get her son permanently excluded from school. It's called "to think doing the "right" thing has bitten us firmly on the bum". In a nutshell: son was smoking weed so she involved school, police and social services and now he's been permanently excluded at 14. He had been doing well in school.

She's getting torn to pieces in the replies.

The irony is, had she posted for advice before her horrendously OTT sledgehammer to crack a nut approach to parenting, she'd probably have had 50 odd pages browbeating her into taking exactly that approach!

This is the disconnect between the mad advice on MN, and the harsh reality of life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Eh what? Since when has HRT dose been dependent on a patient’s size?
The mini pill that I'm on is more likely to stop periods in slim women, so I guess hormones vary in effectiveness across body sizes.

Edit to say: I wasn't doing the MN thing of indirectly saying "I'm a slim woman"! I was saying that I'm on the mini pill for whatever reason, but if you want it to stop your periods then it's more effective in slimmer women! I make no claims about my own body size 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Which brings us back to Middlesbrough and the man sent to London to register the town name got plastered and misspelt borough!!

I am pleased to hear I’m not the only one who doesn’t remember parmo’s pre 00’s. Gaslighting smoggies trying to convince people they’ve always been a thing.
First time I came across one was in 99/00 when I was at college. I don't think they were common.

Reactions: 1
My offspring is going on a school trip in the holidays involving a long coach trip. They told me yesterday that they needed two meals and could they take their sibling’s insulated lunch box (they only have school dinners). I said yes, and we’d need to get some snacks next week to put in. and we moved on. And then I remembered the 40 page MN bunfight on that exact topic and fell to my knees sobbing at the prospect of my darling dying horribly of food poisoning in Belgium.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My offspring is going on a school trip in the holidays involving a long coach trip. They told me yesterday that they needed two meals and could they take their sibling’s insulated lunch box (they only have school dinners). I said yes, and we’d need to get some snacks next week to put in. and we moved on. And then I remembered the 40 page MN bunfight on that exact topic and fell to my knees sobbing at the prospect of my darling dying horribly of food poisoning in Belgium.
We don’t need snacks, just three meals a day, your child will be obese by the end of the year if you give them snacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m giving them nothing but snacks. They’ll need a double seat to themselves by the time they arrive.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm sure you know to make sure those snacks aren't UPFs ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There's an absolutely horrendous thread on AIBU right now where OP has managed to get her son permanently excluded from school. It's called "to think doing the "right" thing has bitten us firmly on the bum". In a nutshell: son was smoking weed so she involved school, police and social services and now he's been permanently excluded at 14. He had been doing well in school.

She's getting torn to pieces in the replies.

The irony is, had she posted for advice before her horrendously OTT sledgehammer to crack a nut approach to parenting, she'd probably have had 50 odd pages browbeating her into taking exactly that approach!

This is the disconnect between the mad advice on MN, and the harsh reality of life.
She absolutely deserves to be torn to pieces, imagine being a kid living life all happy at school and now he's had everything taken away from him for being a normal teenager.

You're right she would have been told to do that if she had asked for advice, but man has she fucked up so badly!

Reactions: 11
She absolutely deserves to be torn to pieces, imagine being a kid living life all happy at school and now he's had everything taken away from him for being a normal teenager.

You're right she would have been told to do that if she had asked for advice, but man has she fucked up so badly!
There’s a follow up post from OP it’s a drip feed. Feel sorry for her and the kid, AIBU is no place to get help though.

Reactions: 5
There’s a follow up post from OP it’s a drip feed. Feel sorry for her and the kid, AIBU is no place to get help though.
Ah so he was actually dealing. Of course the school were going to excluded him, and on the off chance he goes to my kids school I am glad they did.

To be fair I don't know what the right response would be, but I would have probably started with Google rather than grassing him up to anyone and everyone that would listen!

Reactions: 8
The horror of your child having to go to a pupil referral unit 😱, it will ruin his life and he'll definitely end up in prison or homeless!
Or, as in my sons case it could be the best thing that could have happened to him 🤷‍♀️, he went there after being expelled, for drugs, and he completely turned his life around. Been on the straight and narrow ever since, and in a very well paid respectable job. They are there to help. Her kid was dealing drugs, he's the kind of kid that would get support there, probably better than her homeschooling him anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.