Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s heartbreaking.

People who choose to homeschool are (supposed to be) checked in some way by the government, there should be something for these situations as well where older people are cared for by their family at home because that’s really disgusting.

About ten years back or so, I was lurking on a site where a few posters were giving the lowdown on how to get around Ofsted inspections for home-schooling. Pretty much was a how-to guide on providing a paper-thin veneer of a rounded education when, in reality, it was 99% "Dinosaurs never existed, the earth is 4000 years old and all the gays are going to hell."

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
About ten years back or so, I was lurking on a site where a few posters were giving the lowdown on how to get around Ofsted inspections for home-schooling. Pretty much was a how-to guide on providing a paper-thin veneer of a rounded education when, in reality, it was 99% "Dinosaurs never existed, the earth is 4000 years old and all the gays are going to hell."
Yeah, I’ve seen things people have posted about how to get out of it, how to satisfy them quickly without having to adhere to stuff and there have been things in the news about children who were abused or killed by their parents and homeschooling checks hadn’t happened or hadn’t happened properly. So many groups of people let down over and over again and although they say lessons will be learnt they never seem to be!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m eating a massive salad but I will be eating a massive bar of chocolate and “share bag” size of crisps later. Balance, innit?!
(The takeaway includes chocolate fudge cake 🤣)

I’m not even a big fan but my hormones are haywire right now so I’ve given in

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've known family members to fall out over £500 quid.
my mum’s friend fell out with her sister over a clock when their mum died. It had no value and wasn't even a family heirloom or anything. They both just wanted it. This was about 35 years ago and they’ve never spoken since. I’ve asked my mum over the years if there was more to it, or a long running build-up but no. They both just wanted that clock.

• Wow
  • Sad
My other half’s family have all fallen out for decades over pretty much nothing. My dad didn’t speak to his brother for about ten years over nothing at all really. Money doesn’t even come into it as no one has any!

Reactions: 6
My other half’s family have all fallen out for decades over pretty much nothing. My dad didn’t speak to his brother for about ten years over nothing at all really. Money doesn’t even come into it as no one has any!
My Nan and sister-in-law didn't speak for 50 years over a comment about a hat at a wedding. My Nan made the mafia look forgiving.

Whenever I saved mill girl boots - I think ‘clogs’.

• Haha
There is a thread running where the OP made a comment on a tik tok video to say she thought it was inappropriate. The tik tokker has sent her abusive messages. OP quite clearly says she has sent the screenshots of the messages to his employer.
one poster has put ‘OP. You should send the screenshots to his employer’
Another has blamed the OP and said if she’d never have posted the comments then she never would’ve received the abuse and ‘maybe she should think about that’

• Wow
Reactions: 12
That thread is horrifying. Even aside from the obvious MRAs, the number of posters that seem to think that you shouldn’t complain if you get rape threats if you post something slightly critical on a TikTok makes me despair.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That thread is horrifying. Even aside from the obvious MRAs, the number of posters that seem to think that you shouldn’t complain if you get rape threats if you post something slightly critical on a TikTok makes me despair.
I’m currently banned from Facebook (including posting on my own page) for calling a man a moron after he told me I deserved to be raped (after he knew it had happened to me so not a throwaway comment). Just shows how their algorithms work!

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I agree. It’s horrendous reading. So many posters victim blaming. And claiming that women make these kind of threats too so why is OP blaming men. Women make threats about rape? I don’t think so.

Reactions: 14
Yeah, those posters are men. The guy who got deleted definitely is as he’s a pain all over the site.

my mum’s friend fell out with her sister over a clock when their mum died. It had no value and wasn't even a family heirloom or anything. They both just wanted it. This was about 35 years ago and they’ve never spoken since. I’ve asked my mum over the years if there was more to it, or a long running build-up but no. They both just wanted that clock.

My mother and her sister fell out over the sale of their mother's house and never spoke to one another again for the next 20-odd years. Despite living barely 10 miles from each other and having one another's phone numbers, all communications between them had to pass between their older sister who lives in New York.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.