Mumsnet #34 beep beep witches!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This guy on Insta (thanks to someone on these threads for tipping us all off about him) definitely gets his inspo from browsing MN.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On the theme of "how do adults function?" What's the deal with the constant threads "I'm going on a flight, what shall I wear?" Erm something comfortable? I don't understand why there's pages and pages of responses, and the drama over an aeroplane outfit.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The horror of your child having to go to a pupil referral unit 😱, it will ruin his life and he'll definitely end up in prison or homeless!
Or, as in my sons case it could be the best thing that could have happened to him 🤷‍♀️, he went there after being expelled, for drugs, and he completely turned his life around. Been on the straight and narrow ever since, and in a very well paid respectable job. They are there to help. Her kid was dealing drugs, he's the kind of kid that would get support there, probably better than her homeschooling him anyway!
well done to your boy for sorting his life out. It’s great to hear a success story like this, I’m sure you’re very proud of him, and well done to you too.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I used to do that with apples.

When I eat now, I eat all of the same food items before moving onto another bit on my plate - think eating all the carrots on a Sunday dinner, then all the meat, then all the potatoes, etc. they can touch and stuff but I just like to eat all of one thing before I start on another 😂

Obviously in a meal like lasagne or cottage pie, I’ll eat that together but still eat any accompaniments separately. It makes my husband (DH) roll his eyes. We’re on an all inclusive at the min (already got my excuses ready for the coroner - excessive carbs and too much gin) and husband keeps laughing at me because he’s like “this food goes really well with this food” and I won’t mix them 🙄😂
A very dear friend of mine eats her dinner symmetrical. So this bit one side and then the same bit the other. I never noticed until she told me.
I save the best till last on my plate. According to a very old magazine quiz (possibly Woman's Realm?) this means I am an optimist and secure in my hopes for the future but WFK 😁
---
I read that one, she seems to have shot herself in the foot there. 😂

Meanwhile, someone isn't happy about being called a fit old bird
No one will ever call me a fit old bird again sadly, so I would suggest basking in the sunshine of a compliment when you get one x

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
There's a thread at the moment about a neighbour letting out a property abroad without the owner knowing.
I'm sure I read the same post a year or two ago🤨

Reactions: 3
I’m giving them nothing but snacks. They’ll need a double seat to themselves by the time they arrive.
At least they won’t be the DNHS’s problem if they’re going to Belgium by bus. But try explaining that to the Belgian coroner and Hercule Poirot.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Only on MN could someone mention their weight in relation to a thread about tonsillitis and antibio usage!

(Also, as pointed out this is very bad advice for numerous reasons!)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Only on MN could someone mention their weight in relation to a thread about tonsillitis and antibio usage!

Mumsnet: for aspirin, we are too tiny. Our husbands are all swiney. About everything, we are whiney.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Just when you think the nutters can't get any nuttier! Imagine just adjusting your medicine dosage willy nilly. I'm actually torn between being shocked to the core and laughing my head off. And my partner now thinks I'm a nutter.

• Haha
Just when you think the nutters can't get any nuttier! Imagine just adjusting your medicine dosage willy nilly. I'm actually torn between being shocked to the core and laughing my head off. And my partner now thinks I'm a nutter.
I did wonder if she actually meant she takes the normal daily dose, but spreads it across the day- so instead of one tablet 4 times a day, she’s having half a tablet 8 times a day.

Which is still bonkers, but not quite as insane as only taking half the daily dose which is how I first read it. Should keep her plasma levels pretty even at least. Although as a poster said she will have no idea if she’s affecting any coating etc which will then affect absorption.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.